CoinZipCoinZip Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭
Old Hand Found In Florida Attic With Coins And Treasure Map

Link to video

imageLink to video

Coin Club Benefit auctions ..... View the Lots

Comments

• Options
    keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol, that is in my local area and I thought about posting it a few days ago when it first hit the news...but then it seems the examination of the "coins" seemed to be less than authentic/impressive. Funny though that no clear examination of the hand has happened yet.
    "If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That hand sure looks fake, even for a mummified one.

Cool new sigline picture! image

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    ColonelJessupColonelJessup Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like a prosthetic piece from "Pirates of the Caribbean".

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - Geo. Orwell
  • Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,706 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think they should take it to Pawn Stars. "I've got a buddy who's an expert on mummified, severed limbs. Let me give him a call."
  • Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,487 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It looks like it's made of flour, water and old newspapers. image
    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    bronzematbronzemat Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭✭✭
    From the pics I saw when I first saw the story, the coins are real. Just spanish bronzes, Maravedis.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting.... not sure whether it is real or not.... please post follow up stories if available...Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file