• Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    thanks. Maples are so tempting!
  • Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The roo is tempting me.....
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a Maples man....great design with anti counterfeit measures, but for a strictly bullion play, the PAMP would be my choice.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    PRIZ430PRIZ430 Posts: 306 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Yet another example of gold going down the Monday after these big players have a fire sale. Just what are the puppet masters of gold hearing that causes these sales? I assume that APMEX and the like basically just pass along incentives (and taking small small cuts) from those behind the scenes who really know what's about to happen. >>

YUP....Seems to be the pattern....I feel bad for all those that keep buying when the big boys have their "Weekend deals".
  • Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,621 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Yet another example of gold going down the Monday after these big players have a fire sale. Just what are the puppet masters of gold hearing that causes these sales? I assume that APMEX and the like basically just pass along incentives (and taking small small cuts) from those behind the scenes who really know what's about to happen. >>

And some complain because they think the stock market is "rigged".

The "puppet masters" do not hear anything. They are the ones talking.
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭
    "And some complain because they think the stock market is "rigged".

Yeah, stay away from the rigged stock market.
    Put all your money into the rigged PM market instead!

Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I am sure there is some 'rigging' going on, I believe most of the dips and blips are reasonable and affected by geopolitical and currency moves.... these are not difficult to see. The big players, of course, make money on small valuation moves, whereas the small stake individuals usually just sit on the sidelines. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,987 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only thing is that their offer/deal wasn't as generous as last month $28 over vs $8 over.
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>"And some complain because they think the stock market is "rigged".

Yeah, stay away from the rigged stock market.
    Put all your money into the rigged PM market instead!

image >>

You forgot the image
    STMM would agree with your statement...image
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    seebelowseebelow Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭
    Remember when APMEX offered Valcambi 1 oz bars at spot a 2-4 weeks ago? I think it was a friday and the cries of insider info/dumping.

What was spot that day vs todays price? Small sample size I know but as good example as any other.
    Interested in higher grade vintage cards. Aren't we all. image
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,293 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

YUP....Seems to be the pattern....I feel bad for all those that keep buying when the big boys have their "Weekend deals". >>

So, when the sales go on, how many find an actual lower price (including shipping/fees/etc) on the Monday of the dip? I haven't seen it. That's why I didn't mind buying over a weekend when the sale was one. Come the following Monday, there WAS a little dip but trying to buy the same 1-2 rolls, with a CC (I also get 2% back on it), with shipping, was NOT cheaper for me.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,987 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

YUP....Seems to be the pattern....I feel bad for all those that keep buying when the big boys have their "Weekend deals". >>

So, when the sales go on, how many find an actual lower price (including shipping/fees/etc) on the Monday of the dip? I haven't seen it. That's why I didn't mind buying over a weekend when the sale was one. Come the following Monday, there WAS a little dip but trying to buy the same 1-2 rolls, with a CC (I also get 2% back on it), with shipping, was NOT cheaper for me. >>

Yep. Spot drops $15, but the Maple that was $8 over is back up to $50 over.