Home Precious Metals

Silver back over $16 per oz.

PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,301 ✭✭✭✭✭
Let's see how long this will last.image

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

Comments

• vprvpr Posts: 604 ✭✭✭
    It's a great buy in the long run! I'm just buying any good deals I can find, regardless of spot price.
    References: Too many to list. PM for details. 100% satisfaction both as buyer and seller. As a seller, I ship promptly and keep buyers updated.
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,123 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Euro QE Just getting started

(I can't wait to see the size of the ECB balance sheet when they are done)

More dollar misery ahead.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For how long ??? :-)
    Timbuk3
  • BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,977 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Euro QE Just getting started

More dollar misery ahead. >>

Prolly gettin close to the time to sell my portfolio across the board.
  • OperationButterOperationButter Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

Prolly gettin close to the time to sell my portfolio across the board. >>

Where are those funds running to?
    Gold is for savings. Fiat is for transactions.

BST Transactions (as the seller): Collectall, GRANDAM, epcjimi1, wondercoin, jmski52, wheathoarder, jay1187, jdsueu, grote15, airplanenut, bigole
  • PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,301 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dang. That didn't last long.imageimage

• piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    Dang. That didn't last long

Bloodsuckers taking any trivial profit they can get.
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.

<< <i>

<< <i>

Prolly gettin close to the time to sell my portfolio across the board. >>

Where are those funds running to? >>

Cash, waitin for a pullback.
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It will flirt with $16 on and off for a while.... needs some kind of major event to make it move significantly.... Cheers, RickO
    Now back over $16 again.image

• TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When someone charges their bullion purchase on a credit card "AFTER" they negotiate a deal, they usually don't get another deal without cash in hand.

I don't care if it's $16, $18, or $45. People who haggle with a credit card hiding in their pocket and then tell me "plastic is real money", are liars.

• rawteam1rawteam1 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭

<< <i>When someone charges their bullion purchase on a credit card "AFTER" they negotiate a deal, they usually don't get another deal without cash in hand.

I don't care if it's $16, $18, or $45. People who haggle with a credit card hiding in their pocket and then tell me "plastic is real money", are liars. >>

??? When he broke out the card u simply say, sorry that price is cash only...
    keceph `anah

<< <i>

<< <i>When someone charges their bullion purchase on a credit card "AFTER" they negotiate a deal, they usually don't get another deal without cash in hand.

I don't care if it's $16, $18, or $45. People who haggle with a credit card hiding in their pocket and then tell me "plastic is real money", are liars. >>

??? When he broke out the card u simply say, sorry that price is cash only... >>

Or make it clear in the beginning.

<< <i>

<< <i>

??? When he broke out the card u simply say, sorry that price is cash only... >>

Or make it clear in the beginning. >>

Yup. All the major bullion dealers charge a higher price for credit card purchases. I prefer to pay by check and show a little patience to get the lower price. YMMV.

• TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Usually do not ask for the method of payment standing face to face with a guy who wants to dicker.
    The typical scenario is : "How much for one ? " I quote a price. "OMG you're outrageous". $5 over spot for ONE is not outrageous in my book. Then, he asks for a best price on quantity. Then we haggle. Then we agree. Then comes a credit card.
    Then on a few hundred bucks with a credit card it drops the price further for me (those fees). Will usually still do the deal, but some really do put the dick in dicker.
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,112 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe we'll see $14 in the short term. I'll continue to buy between here and there.

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

• OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Or make it clear in the beginning. >>

Yup. All the major bullion dealers charge a higher price for credit card purchases. I prefer to pay by check and show a little patience to get the lower price. YMMV. >>

Not when they have a sale on eBay with free s&h......don't see one this weekend from the "big boys." They must be anticipating continued rise in PM's over spot for Mondayimage
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."

<< <i>Usually do not ask for the method of payment standing face to face with a guy who wants to dicker.
    The typical scenario is : "How much for one ? " I quote a price. "OMG you're outrageous". $5 over spot for ONE is not outrageous in my book. Then, he asks for a best price on quantity. Then we haggle. Then we agree. Then comes a credit card.
    Then on a few hundred bucks with a credit card it drops the price further for me (those fees). Will usually still do the deal, but some really do put the dick in dicker. >>

Ask him if he'd be willing to invest the time and money in facilities and inventory to sell one coin at cost. On the surface $5 over is outrageous, until you examine what it takes to do it. It's not even worth the effort for the small amount in profit. Tell him he should try to sell one on eBay and pay eBay and PP fees plus the $1.93 to mail it.

<< <i>I believe we'll see $14 in the short term. I'll continue to buy between here and there. >>

That would be welcome if it bumps a couple more bucks in the meantime.

<< <i>......but some really do put the dick in dicker >>

I've got to remember that one.image

• OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I believe we'll see $14 in the short term. I'll continue to buy between here and there. >>

but not before it hits $17 image
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • cladkingcladking Posts: 28,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    $14 dollars is firm support but I doubt it will get much lower than $15.50 from here.
    Tempus fugit.
  • 17.17 and climbing.........

Keep Stacking

Tom

<< <i>17.17 and climbing.........

Keep Stacking

Tom >>

I'll be going to the Baltimore show this weekend to pick up some silver bars so it'll probably drop on Monday. At least that's the way it usually happens.image

• chumleychumley Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭✭
    it will hit $18.25 by the time the snow melts...which will be around August here image
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,112 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Picked up 80 ASEs off ebay today at 17.20 ea. (spot was 17.08 at the time) after the 10% bucks offer and the CC, Mr. Rebates savings. My kind of premium.

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.