Home Precious Metals

Scottsdale Stacker Rounds - Has anyone else picked up some?

JohnnyCacheJohnnyCache Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭✭✭
I recently purchased some stacker rounds from Scottsdale.

I'm wondering are these new or am I just late to the party, as I can't recall seeing anyone post them here in the PM forum.

I can tell you the quality and finish on these rounds, in my opinion, is exceptional.

They come in 2 oz, 100 g and 5 oz.

The weight and purity are stamped on the reverse along with the Scottsdale name.

One thing that's pretty nice is that, regardless of the weight, each type will stack upon the other perfectly.

I bought 3 of each, for roughly 30 oz, and each piece looked perfect. (not all are pictured)

I'd love to see this in a ten ounce size.

If I had to choose just one, the 100 gram feels really nice in the hand.

I just wanted to share.

Happy Stacking

JC

PS
Though not the least expensive silver the premium seems reasonable to me for a round so nice.

Edit to add picture of reverse from web site.

Comments

• CCC2010CCC2010 Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭
    That looks Very Nice!!! Very image Thanks for sharing.image
    References:Coinsarefun,DerryB,Bloodman,Zubie,Gerard,Skyman,Bestclser1,Lakesammman,Yellowkid,PerryHall,Piecesofme,HTubbs,grote15
    Coinfame,Kaelasdad,Type2,UNLVino,MICHAELDIXON
    Justacommeman,tydye,78saen,123cents,blue62vette,Segoja,Nibanny
  • bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

Where did you get them ? Online or local?
  • NotSureNotSure Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭
    IMO, that has a coolness factor of 10! And, I'll ask also...were they a local pick-up, or...???
    I'll come up with something.
  • JohnnyCacheJohnnyCache Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bought them direct from Scottsdale.

I see them on ebay occasionally but when they are sold by Scottsdale on ebay people bid them higher, go figure, and when they are being sold by a private party on ebay they always start with a higher BIN price.

Bronco not sure what your able to find locally on the south shore, but up north, I haven't found any decent bullion dealers.

I have one brick and mortar coin dealer +- 20 miles away who, if I get lucky and his regulars didn't get in first thing in the morning, may have a few pieces, but that's it.

Went to a show this weekend and the two main bullion vendors there were both just slightly higher in price than what I could buy at all day long from APMEX or MCM on ebay.
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scottsdale came out with those rounds last fall. Relatively new.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Bought them direct from Scottsdale.

I see them on ebay occasionally but when they are sold by Scottsdale on ebay people bid them higher, go figure, and when they are being sold by a private party on ebay they always start with a higher BIN price.

Bronco not sure what your able to find locally on the south shore, but up north, I haven't found any decent bullion dealers.

I have one brick and mortar coin dealer +- 20 miles away who, if I get lucky and his regulars didn't get in first thing in the morning, may have a few pieces, but that's it.

Went to a show this weekend and the two main bullion vendors there were both just slightly higher in price than what I could buy at all day long from APMEX or MCM on ebay. >>

I usually go to my buddy Stan at Plymouth coin and Jewelry in Plymouth , I also go to a few small "we buy gold" guys . There is Hanover coin and Jewelry also that is decent. Up towards Boston I sometimes go to Kappy's but he is kind of high usually on bullion but he has more coins .image
  • PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,301 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are really neat with that ultra high relief. Not sure how you are able to stack them though with that high relief.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• JohnnyCacheJohnnyCache Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>They are really neat with that ultra high relief. Not sure how you are able to stack them though with that high relief. >>

The underside of the round has a recessed image mirroring the front high relief. Think $2.50 Indian gold only deeper.

The reverse is the yang to the obverse's yin.

• WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Incuse. Here's the reverse:

I give them credit for making an interesting design. But I'll never own their products.
    We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • PokermandudePokermandude Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭
    I saw one in hand the other day. The 2 oz version. It was pretty neat. The 5 oz looks kind goofy in that cylinder shape. JMHO
    http://stores.ebay.ca/Mattscoin - Canadian coins, World Coins, Silver, Gold, Coin lots, Modern Mint Products & Collections
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,357 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those look awesome!
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like them.... going to get a couple.... Order placed......Cheers, RickO
  • BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something like that wouldn't fit my collection, but I like looking at yours, thanks for sharing. If you get more, it would be fun to build several tall towers of them, maybe even a castle

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• ashelandasheland Posts: 22,612 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those are nice! image
  • CoinCrazyPACoinCrazyPA Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭✭
    The early ones on Ebay were numbered to 499 I believe and they were bringing a hefty premium.
    Positive BST transactions: agentjim007, cohodk, CharlieC, Chrischampeon, DRG, 3 x delistamps, djdilliodon, gmherps13, jmski52, Meltdown, Mesquite, 2 x nibanny, themaster, 2 x segoja, Timbuk3, ve3rules, jom, Blackhawk, hchcoin, Relaxn, pitboss, blu62vette, Jfoot13, Jinx86, jfoot13,Ronb

Successful Trades: Swampboy,
  • AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,515 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I prefer the old fashioned way of stacking silver.......

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • ashelandasheland Posts: 22,612 ✭✭✭✭✭