Home Precious Metals
Options

Just got an email from APMEX for a "4 hour flash sale" today.......

guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,240 ✭✭✭
Better stock up on some metal shorts. Seems to be the best indicator for a short term PM price drop.
@ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.

Comments

• Options
    vprvpr Posts: 604 ✭✭✭
    Wow. I was trying to get the 5oz libertads. 257 in stock when I added them to my cart. By the time I typed in "Please give me the original tubes" and hit next, stock was down to 8. By the time I went to the payment page, it was down to 1. I wasn't going to go through the hassle of sending in a check for $100. Great price. $103 each.
    References: Too many to list. PM for details. 100% satisfaction both as buyer and seller. As a seller, I ship promptly and keep buyers updated.
  • Options
    seebelowseebelow Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭
    It seems thats the only item thats up for "flash sale". The 5 oz silver libertads. Is that how it usually works, just an overstocked item that they're trying to get rid of? meh. I see why its only 4 hrs and not highly publicized. Fair enough. Got me once.

thanks for the heads up.
    Interested in higher grade vintage cards. Aren't we all. image
  • Options
    vprvpr Posts: 604 ✭✭✭
    The 5oz pucks sold on Ebay for $149 yesterday, so $103 is a very good price. I was able to pick up a few, after refreshing the page a couple of times. : )
    References: Too many to list. PM for details. 100% satisfaction both as buyer and seller. As a seller, I ship promptly and keep buyers updated.
  • Options
    nibannynibanny Posts: 2,761
    I was checking them last week and was shocked by their prices!
    Glad I acted promptly and bought a roll+1 single! image (I will probably regret the premium I paid over spot in few days...image )

I see JM is advertising the 2015 Libs. Prolly Apmex had to make some room.
    The member formerly known as Ciccio / Posts: 1453 / Joined: Apr 2009
  • Options
    bestmrbestmr Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭
    I got their special yesterday on my Facebook feed but just got too busy at work this morning to be able to check what they had. Nuts!!
    Positive dealing with oilstates2003, rkfish, Scrapman1077, Weather11am, Guitarwes, Twosides2acoin, Hendrixkat, Sevensteps, CarlWohlforth, DLBack, zug, wildjag, tetradrachm, tydye, NotSure, AgBlox, Seemyauction, Stopmotion, Zubie, Fivecents, Musky1011, Bstat1020, Gsa1fan several times, and Mkman123 LOTS of times
  • Options

<< <i>I was checking them last week and was shocked by their prices!
    Glad I acted promptly and bought a roll+1 single! image (I will probably regret the premium I paid over spot in few days...image )

I see JM is advertising the 2015 Libs. Prolly Apmex had to make some room. >>

A lesson for me on not worrying over a few cents. I had 2 5oz 2015 Libertads in my cart along with other sizes this morning just before noon and was watching the price drop a few cents. Did something else for a minute and came back and the cart said to update quantity as there were "0" 5oz Libertads available. They took them down and have since repriced them from about $104 each to $124 each. Missed that boat but I did lock in 2 2ozers at 43.16 each, now repriced to about 47 and change in low quantity.
    Witty sig line currently under construction. Thank you for your patience.
  • Options
    piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    I honestly don't mean to throw a wet blanket on the flash party, but there have been numerous reports at coin shows I've attended recently that the plastic case these have been being sent in from Apmex are cracked and parts of the plastic even missing completely.
    To some it might not mean much but for people who collect them as they are intended to be might be a little peeved when they arrive. Sorry.
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • Options
    rawteam1rawteam1 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I honestly don't mean to throw a wet blanket on the flash party, but there have been numerous reports at coin shows I've attended recently that the plastic case these have been being sent in from Apmex are cracked and parts of the plastic even missing completely.
    To some it might not mean much but for people who collect them as they are intended to be might be a little peeved when they arrive. Sorry. >>

This belongs in the plastic forum...lol...
    keceph `anah
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I honestly don't mean to throw a wet blanket on the flash party, but there have been numerous reports at coin shows I've attended recently that the plastic case these have been being sent in from Apmex are cracked and parts of the plastic even missing completely.
    To some it might not mean much but for people who collect them as they are intended to be might be a little peeved when they arrive. Sorry. >>

This belongs in the plastic forum...lol... >>

Y65 Capsules will take care of that issue.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I received the same email.... deleted it.... yard sale season is coming and in the beginning of the year there seems to always be coins or rounds available...and always below melt.....never figured out why this is...later in the season there are none to be found... Cheers, RickO