Home Precious Metals
Options

Silver Series Infographic - updated with Part II

derrybderryb Posts: 36,192 ✭✭✭✭✭

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

Comments

• Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,620 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We can determine how much the earth weighs (google it) and divide by 27,600 and divide again by 31.1 and we can arrive at how many ounces of silver is in/on the earth.

15,343,212,638,053,963,372 ounces or 2,191,887,519 ounces for every person on earth. 2 billion ounces per person??!!! Dang, I got some stacking to do to get my share.

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting .... good silver information...Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    element159element159 Posts: 493 ✭✭✭

<< <i>We can determine how much the earth weighs (google it) and divide by 27,600 and divide again by 31.1 and we can arrive at how many ounces of silver is in/on the earth. >>

The 27600 ratio applies only to the crust, not the whole earth. The crust and the rest of our home planet do not have the same composition.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>We can determine how much the earth weighs (google it) and divide by 27,600 and divide again by 31.1 and we can arrive at how many ounces of silver is in/on the earth. >>

The 27600 ratio applies only to the crust, not the whole earth. The crust and the rest of our home planet do not have the same composition. >>

So how did the silver get to the crust? The processes that created silver are still present. The Earth is still making silver everyday.

Ok so using the weight of just the crust the calculation comes out to be about 7 million ounces per person. I still got a long way to reach my allotment.

• Options

• Options

<< <i>The processes that created silver are still present. The Earth is still making silver everyday. >>

Sorry, silver is only normally made in supernova, which dont happen much inside the Earth image

Anyways, I want my share of the crust. The other metals too.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>The processes that created silver are still present. The Earth is still making silver everyday. >>

Sorry, silver is only normally made in supernova, which dont happen much inside the Earth image

Anyways, I want my share of the crust. The other metals too. >>

So you are saying there is no silver in the mantle? Its all in the crust right?

Just think of the supernova that will be created when the massive financial system collapses. Whoohoo!!!

• Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He's saying that all elements heavier than Hydrogen are created by stars. Hydrogen to Helium and then up through Iron in the stellar interior through fusion. Elements with higher atomic number than Iron through supernovae. The dust gets distributed, then when a later stellar disk forms, and the planets through accretion and "sweeping" of the orbits, most of the metals sink to the molten core, which contains enormous amounts of gold, silver, etc along with the iron.

Later planetary bombardment can enrich the crust (which moves minerals around through plate tectonics) with gold, silver, and, famously, iridium, among the other noble metals.

It is thought that a large asteroid hit deposited the minerals concentrated in South Africa. Similar processes probably caused other major veins of relatively pure metals regionally.

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    Not saying that there is *no* silver in the mantle, of course. My understanding is that the crust does indeed have a different composition than the insides. Many of the metals are more common in the crust than inside, at least I have some memory of that being true (which could be completely wrong!) The crust is at least a lot easier to get to!
  • Options
    updated OP with Part II

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't wait for part 3 ...
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    razzlerazzle Posts: 981 ✭✭
    Thanks, derryb, enjoying this and waiting for part 3.
    Markets (governments) can remain irrational longer than an investor can remain solvent.
  • Options
    razzlerazzle Posts: 981 ✭✭
    derryb, any further word on parts 3 and 4?
    Markets (governments) can remain irrational longer than an investor can remain solvent.
  • Options
    Nothing yet. Keep an eye for part 3 at the top of the infographic.