Home Precious Metals
Options

2015 Precious Metals Goals

What are you PM goals for this year? Qt, type, etc.?

My overall goal for this year is 75oz of Silver and 1oz of Gold, probably looking for a Maple Leaf from up North.

I have already picked up my 2015 ASE quota (Not that I will not jump on a good deal in the future).

Remaining is a 10oz bar (Type TBD) and a roll of Silver Maple. Other than that, if I find a deal that's too good to pass up I'll jump on that too. image

What about you? Do you have goals or just go with the flow and pick up when you find a deal?

Comments

• Options
    bestmrbestmr Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭
    I'm thinking of around 100oz of silver being either actual rounds/bars or 90% and maybe 1oz gold. So far I'm at 6oz silver. A long ways to go it better Than nothing.
    Positive dealing with oilstates2003, rkfish, Scrapman1077, Weather11am, Guitarwes, Twosides2acoin, Hendrixkat, Sevensteps, CarlWohlforth, DLBack, zug, wildjag, tetradrachm, tydye, NotSure, AgBlox, Seemyauction, Stopmotion, Zubie, Fivecents, Musky1011, Bstat1020, Gsa1fan several times, and Mkman123 LOTS of times
  • Options
    Jinx86Jinx86 Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im lucky enough to be able to buy at wholesale rates at work. That being said I still rarely buy unless Im getting a hell of a deal. Still have to make the company money so no rips.

For this year I plan to buy 250 oz silver and 2 oz gold, mostly generic. No 100 oz bars, largest I tend to buy are kilo since they do store nicely.
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,203 ✭✭✭✭✭
    accumulate ASEs on the dips.

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Take advantage of APMEX and MCM's gold and silver sales. So far it's been a loosing scenario. image
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pirate chest old world gold, maybe some dollars and halfs.
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,987 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Im lucky enough to be able to buy at wholesale rates at work. That being said I still rarely buy unless Im getting a hell of a deal. Still have to make the company money so no rips.

For this year I plan to buy 250 oz silver and 2 oz gold, mostly generic. No 100 oz bars, largest I tend to buy are kilo since they do store nicely. >>

With the Mint selling ASEs at spot + $2, how low can wholesale be if your employer isn't an AP?
  • Options
    ZubieZubie Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭✭
    If silver dips below $15, I'd like to finish a box of Geiger 10 oz bars. I need 20 more to fill a box of 45, so, I'm looking at 200 ozs.
    I also need some 5 oz and 10 oz Lunar coins (Mouse, Ox, Tiger and Rabbit) for my boys Lunar Series II collection, but, I'm not in a big hurry to finish it.

Positive BST Transactions with:
    Overdate, BestMR, Weather11AM, TDEC1000, Carew4me, BigMarty58, Coinsarefun, Golfer72, UnknownComic, DMarks, JFoot13, ElKevvo, Truthteller, Duxbutt, TwoSides2aCoin, PerryHall, mhammerman, Papabear, Wingsrule, WTCG, MillerJW, Ciccio, zrlevin, dantheman984, tee135, jdimmick, gsa1fan, jmski52, SUMORADA, guitarwes, bstat1020, pitboss, meltdown, Schmitz7, 30AnvZ28, pragmaticgoat, wondercoin & MkMan123
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,842 ✭✭✭✭✭
    More for less. That's my goal. And by golly, I keep reaching it, as prices drop. So I buy more for less.
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will add five 2015 Libertads to my albums.
    I will add silver when I have money for silver.
    I will add gold when I have money for gold.

I have already added four 2015 ASE to my albums.

That's similar to my PM goals every year.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will add some ASE's....not likely to add AGE's....I did pick up the U.S. Marshall silver commemorative....nice coin, partial to LE and firearms...Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What ever is cheap !!! :-)
    Timbuk3
  • Options
    2ltdjorn2ltdjorn Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭
    This should be a good year!

Graduate in May from graduate school with no debt thanks to GI Bill. Will increase my salary 1.5 to 2x what I make now!
    My wife will be 100% vested and should be up for a promotion.
    Paid off wife's car last month, my car will be paid off in a month or two!
    No credit card debt
    Will buy a house, sell our rental.

Numismatic goal is to:
    1 ounce gold per year married
    Buy 90% $20 vf each month

And buy anything I can when I get it for less than melt
    WTB... errors, New Orleans gold, and circulated 20th key date coins!
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,203 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>This should be a good year!

Graduate in May from graduate school with no debt thanks to GI Bill. Will increase my salary 1.5 to 2x what I make now!
    My wife will be 100% vested and should be up for a promotion.
    Paid off wife's car last month, my car will be paid off in a month or two!
    No credit card debt
    Will buy a house, sell our rental.

Numismatic goal is to:
    1 ounce gold per year married
    Buy 90% $20 vf each month

And buy anything I can when I get it for less than melt >>

Congrats. Off to a good start. Don't blow it with unnecessary debt.

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• Options
    trozautrozau Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    2015 China 500 Yuan Panda gold
    2015 Canada C$200 Call of the Wild Growling Cougar 99999 gold
    2015 US $75 HR Liberty/Eagle 9999 gold

Have the China Panda gold. Still have the Canada Growling Cougar (available already) and US HR Liberty/Eagle (release date TBD) to go.
    trozau (troy ounce gold)
  • Options
    CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070
    I would like to pick up 10oz of silver per month, and maybe accumulate 1oz of gold in 2015.
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,842 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make it more precious with good descriptions