Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Block fluffydiablo

jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭✭✭
Block this ahole, if you don't it will be your worst nightmare.

I know I can get in trouble for stating this, but ill take the hit to keep somebody else for going thru what I have the past 60 days

JIm

Long story short:

Sell a lot of obsolete world paper money, back in December. Guy waits several days without communication or paying. I file a NPB, he waits till the last day of the 3 day (cant do nothing period), then pays. Gets the notes, says there not what he wanted, said nothing in there is exchangeable( I didn't say there was) anyway. He wanted to return, so I said that's fine. He wanted me to pay shipping so I said no, it was up to him. So 2 days later he files a not as described, so I have to pay return shipping. He prints the label , but never ships the package, just about a whole month goes by and today a negative shows up on my account stating something like bad seller, no good. during this whole time I send report the buyers inquires which ebay does nothing . Just got of the phone with them an hour ago after waiting nearly an hour and they do nothing, stating its not a statement of direct violation of policy, its his opinion, so they cant remove the feedback.
Biggest crap I ever herd off, I told the Ebay rep, this is why so many sellers are leaving them , they have had enough. They don't give a crap. It will take somebody with some pull, to convince the share holders of ebay that they could do better if they changed a few policies, and that's only if there is a sudden decline in revenue which there may never be.

Comments

• Options
    lasvegasteddylasvegasteddy Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭
    thanks
    everything in life is but merely on loan to us by our appreciation....lose your appreciation and see

• Options
    coindeucecoindeuce Posts: 13,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lemme guess: sleazeBay ?

Here is their latest scam: $100 shipping for $5000 of worthless junk

"Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon
    http://www.americanlegacycoins.com

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, what happened?image

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    Jinx86Jinx86 Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do we still have a "master list" of bad buyers/sellers we've blocked? I know saw one at one point and have added to it since.
  • Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for sharing your experience.
    I'm going through a similar issue and
    shared with others to protect them
    from going through this kinds of
    problems !!! image
    Timbuk3
  • Options
    winkywinky Posts: 1,671
    I have dealt with someone like that on ebay and just told him where he could go and ebay wouldn't do anything. Bash ebay!!!image
  • Options
    CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭
    Looks like fluffy has a history of doing this sort of thing. See his feedback left for others...lots of negs...
  • Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, hopefully the eBay rep you talked to is among those getting canned.
  • Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blocked. Thank you.

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• Options
    His feedback has some nasty false positives.

fluffydiablow

• Options
    coin22lovercoin22lover Posts: 3,457 ✭✭✭
    I hate to say this, but I don't think it's a good idea to twist a buyers arm into paying for something. Just tell them that they can either pay or agree to cancel the transaction formally.
  • Options
    MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I told the Ebay rep, this is why so many sellers are leaving them , they have had enough. They don't give a crap. >>

Damn Ebay has never held a dime in inventory, shipped a product or for that matter gotten hit with a negative. Arrogant businesses rarely stay that way for long. Ebay is no exception. Coin volume, other than that of the heavily subsidized bullion houses is in the crapper.
  • Options
    I have an associate nearby who talks of having been offered as many as 5000 free listings/month at sleazeBay. Ya think that sleazeBay might just have a clue where they're heading ? image

"Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon

• Options
    BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone named fluffydiablo must be bad news.
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,444 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Looks like fluffy has a history of doing this sort of thing. See his feedback left for others...lots of negs... >>

With the name fluffydiablo (fluffy devil) it might not be a he. image

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    I joined eBay in 1998 but haven't sold anything there for 6-7 years. If I understand the previous comments correctly, is it really true that the seller can no longer leave negative feedback on the buyer? If so, what recourse does the seller have when confronted with unethical buyers who hover on the edge of dishonesty? I was thinking of starting to sell parts of my collection, but now I'm not so sure...
    Robert
  • Options
    MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭

<< <i> is it really true that the seller can no longer leave negative feedback on the buyer? If so, what recourse does the seller have when confronted with unethical buyers who hover on the edge of dishonesty? >>

Sellers can no longer leave a negative for a buyer. Little recourse with dishonest buyers.

Most transactions still go well, just be prepared for the occasional miscreant.
  • Options
    DennisHDennisH Posts: 13,963 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blocked.
    Thanks.
    When in doubt, don't.
  • Options

<< <i>I have an associate nearby who talks of having been offered as many as 5000 free listings/month at sleazeBay. Ya think that sleazeBay might just have a clue where they're heading ? image >>

I said something similar a few months back and got attacked by the forum eBay gnomes.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ebay has tanked from what it once was....yes, they still make money....however, there is a groundswell of dissatisfaction among users. Many, such as myself, no longer deal there. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    thanks, done.
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options

<< <i>His feedback has some nasty false positives.

fluffydiablow >>

fluffydoyablow also indicates in their FB that they have a lot of shipments to them (of eBay purchases) stolen from the mail, with associated claims for refunds. See the pattern ?

• Options
    HoledandCreativeHoledandCreative Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks.
  • Options
    3keepSECRETif2rDEAD3keepSECRETif2rDEAD Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭✭✭

Erik
  • Options
    kazkaz Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Anyone named fluffydiablo must be bad news. >>

Beat me to it!image
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
    blocked as well
  • Options
    thebeavthebeav Posts: 3,756 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I hate to say this, but I don't think it's a good idea to twist a buyers arm into paying for something. Just tell them that they can either pay or agree to cancel the transaction formally. >>

When you have a buyer that has not communicated at all, he probably won't when you offer to cancel either. Filing a NPB is usually the only way to get your fees back.
  • Options
    telephoto1telephoto1 Posts: 4,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    EL blocko grande, and forwarded to multiple other ebayers of my acquaintance.

RIP Mom- 1932-2012
  • Options
    StaircoinsStaircoins Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭

<< <i>thanks, done. >>

+1
  • Options
    thisnamztakenthisnamztaken Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the warning. Blocked.
    I never thought that growing old would happen so fast.
    - Jim
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I have an associate nearby who talks of having been offered as many as 5000 free listings/month at sleazeBay. Ya think that sleazeBay might just have a clue where they're heading ? image >>

I said something similar a few months back and got attacked by the forum eBay gnomes. >>

Anyone who sells on ebay gets these type of ads if you are listing then slow down. I get things like this all the time but you still pay final value fees and usually extras over a base listing. This has been done by ebay for years.

eBay reported its fourth-quarter earnings , including revenue of $4.5 billion and non-GAAP earnings per share of $0.81. The company’s revenue was up 13 percent from the same quarter last year, while its earnings per share rose 16 percent.

That does not seem to bad, I would not mind making $4.5 billion per quarter.
  • Options
    It probably isn't hard at all to have a $4.5 billion quarter when your organization supports so many illicit sellers, to the extent that it is endemic. The company has grown to a massive "cannot fail" entity that even the FTC is fearful of.

• Options
    Cougar1978Cougar1978 Posts: 7,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blocked him.

Thanks for sharing. I have felt your pain on a similar incident.
    So Cali Area - Coins & Currency
  • Options
    "Biggest crap I ever herd off, I told the Ebay rep, this is why so many sellers are leaving them , they have had enough. They don't give a crap."

This made me think of one seller I had bought from for over 10 years on ebay - Jim Nolte. He sold under the name of 'marketables'. Since 2004, he always had 300+ raw Morgans at any given time; and I helped keep him in business for a while.

With so many coins, it was easy to find a good one here and there, along with an occasional cherrypick. A few months ago, I pulled up his list and saw 2 Morgans for sale. The next week, none. And there's been none since. With all the ebay rules now favoring the buyer, I can only guess Jim finally waved the white flag. He had a fb of 62,630 and 99.9 positive. I'm sure he made ebay a ton of money, but not any more.
    --Craig
  • Options
    ebaybuyerebaybuyer Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭
    not trying to be argumentative but is it fair to blame ebay because of D-bag buyer here and there ? if you buy a lousy coin at a show is the show to blame ? ebay is what it is, like bobbing for apples in a porta potty
    regardless of how many posts I have, I don't consider myself an "expert" at anything
  • Options
    CameonutCameonut Posts: 7,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll bet that Ian over at GreatCollections is grinning from ear to ear.

As for fluffydiablo - blocked - thanks Jim.

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Thomas Jefferson

My digital cameo album 1950-64 Cameos - take a look!

• Options
    jonathanbjonathanb Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>is it fair to blame ebay because of D-bag buyer here and there >>

It's not fair to blame eBay because of D-bag buyers on Alibaba. It absolutely is fair to blame eBay for D-bag buyers on eBay. We're not talking about a zero-feedback buyer where you might assume that they'll be honest. This guy has been at it a long time -- at least 6 months (can't get more specific now that eBay is hiding dates on the feedback). This buyer has no "right" to use eBay; eBay has no requirement to keep them as a user. As long as eBay chooses to support the actions of users like this, then it's certainly fair to blame them for the consequences of their choice.

FWIW, I also blame ISPs that support spammers, using the same rationale. I'm not talking about ISPs that end up with an occasional spammer. I'm talking about the ones where spammers go because they know they won't face consequences.

Look up attractive nuisance and duty of care for general general concepts in a slightly different area of focus.
  • Options
    CoinZipCoinZip Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭

Coin Club Benefit auctions ..... View the Lots

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file