Home Precious Metals
Options

2015 ASEs on eBay from MCM for $399.95/roll now!

Comments

• Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe you could start you own foundation. Maybe the CCA---Chronic Complainers of America.

BTW--the people at MCM are smart.
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,236 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>BTW--the people at MCM are smart. >>

Yes, they will most likely acquire more of these with the profits at a lower price.

Are they really this stupid, or are they destroying the dollar on purpose?

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,275 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Done deal. Promotional supply officially sold out at 11:25pm ET. Thanks to all!image >>

Thank you, John.

Great part of numismatics is that a large dealer will communicate with the consumers on a Saturday night.

Doubtful that Tim Cook or Bill Gates would do the same. >>

Why would you try to get Bill Gates anyway? You have something you need with the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation?
    That's been his focus for the last 15 years, since he gave up the reigns at Microsoft. >>

Yes! image
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

<< <i>Great price at current spot! I am so confident that silver is heading lower this year I didn't get one roll.
    looking the grab 2015 SAE rolls at $335-$350 >>

If it hits $14.50 I think it'll see 11-12 quickly after just from fear factor selling.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

<< <i>

Yes, they will most likely acquire more of these with the profits at a lower price. >>

Actually I don't think they will at prices low enough to have any effect on corporate earnings. I was referring to the marketing and distribution. A superb effort at taking market share from a weak(ening) competitor.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Yes, they will most likely acquire more of these with the profits at a lower price. >>

Actually I don't think they will at prices low enough to have any effect on corporate earnings. I was referring to the marketing and distribution. A superb effort at taking market share from a weak(ening) competitor. >>

Profit is profit. image

I agreed with your market share comment in my second post to the thread.

• Options
    nibannynibanny Posts: 2,761

<< <i>Great price....about $1.70 per coin above spot. Since it wasn't APMEX with one of their "sales," I couldn't pas it up. (Note, every time APMEX had one those deals, it was a harbinger of lower prices shortly thereafter.)image >>

Add MCM to your list, OPA! j/k image
    The member formerly known as Ciccio / Posts: 1453 / Joined: Apr 2009
  • Options
    mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Great price....about $1.70 per coin above spot. Since it wasn't APMEX with one of their "sales," I couldn't pas it up. (Note, every time APMEX had one those deals, it was a harbinger of lower prices shortly thereafter.)image >>

Add MCM to your list, OPA! j/k image >>

Yeah, and unlike the above, Modern Coin Mart did not pick through them for the 70s and push off the rejects to unsuspecting customers.
    Good job John, I hope you have gained some converts here because you and MCM deserve it!
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • Options
    rawteam1rawteam1 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭
    Lol, unsearched bullion, what treasure....
    keceph `anah
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

Add MCM to your list, OPA! j/k image >>

doneimage
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options

<< <i>Lol, unsearched bullion, what treasure.... >>

I totally agree!
    Others not so much it seems.
    To each their own, it is OK with me.
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • Options
    Ebay curse
  • Options
    Is $400 a roll still a good deal?
  • Options

<< <i>Is $400 a roll still a good deal? >>

$2.20 over spot is a good price

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,480 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not as good as it was a few days ago.image

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,997 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

Not as good as it was a few days ago.image >>

That's bullion!
  • Options

Since right now JMBullion is at about $418 a roll dlvd [5 rolls or more] $424 for 3 rolls dlvd, I'd say $400 isn't too bad.
  • Options
    MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

Not as good as it was a few days ago.image >>

Hey...its at $18.18......and I like it.

• Options
    Regarding 10% off coupon - sorry for late reply, did not pay attention to the forum due to snow storms in NYC :-)

This is the first time I've got this offer - it's Ebay coupon.
    I've got no emails and no indications I've had it till I was looking at some other coin in Ebay with BIN around $1500
    Somewhere down below the BIN price it had a little link with "Get $100 off this price - click for details"
    When clicked it highlighted something like use this XXX code at checkout to get 10% off up to $100 if you're using PayPal effective till midnight"
    I just copied the code and used it for MCM rolls and it did took off $100 for 3 rolls...

And once again - thanks John and MCM for a great deal !
  • Options

<< <i>Regarding 10% off coupon - sorry for late reply, did not pay attention to the forum due to snow storms in NYC :-)

I've got no emails and no indications I've had it till I was looking at some other coin in Ebay with BIN around $1500
    Somewhere down below the BIN price it had a little link with "Get $100 off this price - click for details"
    When clicked it highlighted something like use this XXX code at checkout to get 10% off up to $100 if you're using PayPal effective till midnight"
    I just copied the code and used it for MCM rolls and it did took off $100 for 3 rolls...

And once again - thanks John and MCM for a great deal ! >>

Does the seller lose the 10% or is it PayPal or eBay that loses that 10%?

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Regarding 10% off coupon - sorry for late reply, did not pay attention to the forum due to snow storms in NYC :-)

Does the seller lose the 10% or is it PayPal or eBay that loses that 10%? >>

I would imagine eBay, since I don't think they have any right to impose a mandatory and arbitrary discount obligation onto the seller.
  • Options
    APMEX has a great deal on ebay today image
    UCSB Electrical Engineering....... USCG and NASA
  • Options

<< <i>Does the seller lose the 10% or is it PayPal or eBay that loses that 10%? >>

Ebay randomly offers the 10% deals to select members. Ebay absorbs the cost of the program.
  • Options

same here. Did not notice it on the first order of one roll that I placed, but did on the second roll. No prior emails or notices from eBay.

btw..My first order was received today...via Priority Mail..image
  • Options
    Not lookin so hot now, she aint indeed.
  • Options

<< <i>Not lookin so hot now, she aint indeed. >>

Just like APMEX sales... (when will I ever learn)image
  • Options
    Didn't someone hear say we were in a bear market rally for the short term?

And, the dollar index is rising. Everything is back to "normal" until the next central bank surprise.

• Options
    A buck drop and the forum pees their collective pants. image
  • Options

<< <i>A buck drop and the forum pees their collective pants. image >>

It's a chance to buy some at a lower price, but it sure makes it hard to make any money on the stuff you already bought, esp. when you don't even have it yet. Had stuff here and a couple other places and not even a nibble. Except for some guy who wanted to lowball me at $375 a roll.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>A buck drop and the forum pees their collective pants. image >>

It's a chance to buy some at a lower price, but it sure makes it hard to make any money on the stuff you already bought, esp. when you don't even have it yet. Had stuff here and a couple other places and not even a nibble. Except for some guy who wanted to lowball me at $375 a roll. >>

Guess it depends on the motives, short term or otherwise. We watched Silver go from under $4 IIRC to a tad under $50. A dollar move is not much of a thrill.
  • Options
    ebaytraderebaytrader Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭
    Today's silver price?

It's "The Long Beach Effect". image
  • Options
    double post
  • Options
    "….it sure makes it hard to make any money on the stuff you already bought, esp. when you don't even have it yet. "

You probably would do better to buy this stuff with a longer time horizon in mind rather than thinking about making money on an instantaneous flip.
  • Options

<< <i>"….it sure makes it hard to make any money on the stuff you already bought, esp. when you don't even have it yet. "

You probably would do better to buy this stuff with a longer time horizon in mind rather than thinking about making money on an instantaneous flip.
    image >>

I had other stuff bought at a little more favorable pricing that I couldn't move either.
  • Options
    piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    I'm honestly not being mean but I am sooo glad that I did not get sucked into this and would've had to taken a 6% beatdown before even receiving them. Sooo glad.
    I haven't been buying much of anything lately. The 4-6% one day beatings have become too often for me to risk my hard earned money, and there aren't enough 4-6% upside days to offset the beatdowns. Lucky to get a 1.5% up day.

I know someone will say that's the time to buy...they'd have a very hard time convincing me why I should. Cash is better right now.
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • Options

<< <i>I'm honestly not being mean but I am sooo glad that I did not get sucked into this and would've had to taken a 6% beatdown before even receiving them. Sooo glad.
    I haven't been buying much of anything lately. The 4-6% one day beatings have become too often for me to risk my hard earned money, and there aren't enough 4-6% upside days to offset the beatdowns. Lucky to get a 1.5% up day.

I know someone will say that's the time to buy...they'd have a very hard time convincing me why I should. Cash is better right now. >>

How much interest did your cash earn today.image

• Options

<< <i>I'm honestly not being mean but I am sooo glad that I did not get sucked into this and would've had to taken a 6% beatdown before even receiving them. Sooo glad.

I know someone will say that's the time to buy...they'd have a very hard time convincing me why I should. Cash is better right now. >>

I wanted to lay in a few rolls of 2015s so that was a decent opportunity. Seeing as I don't have to sell, it's not a big deal to have to wait. Glad I didn't buy more.
  • Options
    << I'm honestly not being mean but I am sooo glad that I did not get sucked into this and would've had to taken a 6% beatdown before even receiving them. Sooo glad.

How much interest did your cash earn today.

My cash didn't lose 6% today. To each his own. Like I said, I'm not being mean about it, just glad I didn't pull the trigger for once.

• Options
    JohnMabenJohnMaben Posts: 957 ✭✭✭
    Even with today's big drop those that bought the deal are still in lower than anywhere I've seen them today by more than a little.

One thing I'd like to lay to rest, I often see comments that somehow the "A"company or MCM would know in advance how markets will move and time their sales accordingly. My proof positive that this is false--- neither company would exist because being able to predict the future would create instant wealth of a virtually unlimited magnitude resulting in no reason to keep businesses operational that work on less than a 1% profit margin after all expenses....

John

John Maben
    Pegasus Coin and Jewelry (Brick and Mortar)
    ANA LM, PNG, APMD, FUN, Etc
    800-381-2646

• Options
    I usually go gold on deals

But today was painful for me

Stupid FOMC. The USA economy can't prop up the rest of the world
    They need to can the rate hike talk and start thinking now about ways to counter the headwinds
  • Options

<< <i>Even with today's big drop those that bought the deal are still in lower than anywhere I've seen them today by more than a little.

One thing I'd like to lay to rest, I often see comments that somehow the "A"company or MCM would know in advance how markets will move and time their sales accordingly. My proof positive that this is false--- neither company would exist because being able to predict the future would create instant wealth of a virtually unlimited magnitude resulting in no reason to keep businesses operational that work on less than a 1% profit margin after all expenses....

John >>

We all know that...that's why you see a winky face most of the time. It's just ironic, or coincidence that for the last year or so, whenever a decent bullion sale came along, inevitably the markets would fall shortly thereafter. I was hoping that yours would "break the jinx ... we shall see.
  • Options

<< <i>They need to can the rate hike talk and start thinking now about ways to counter the headwinds >>

Hoo boy.
  • Options
    Well I didn't do the roll of ASE's for $400, for the record I did purchase some silver (not ASE's) late last night on eBay using that eBay coupon that was graciously provided here. Thanks to all those that helped in saying that even if I didn't receive one, the coupon still worked, that was kind of sweet seeing it work because I didn't get one for any of my accounts. image
    Between my 3 accounts and my wifes, saved $100 on silver last night. More $ available to lay down on the SB Sunday. image Everyone probably knows I'm a huge Steelers fan, but... GO Seahawks!!!
  • Options

<< <i>Even with today's big drop those that bought the deal are still in lower than anywhere I've seen them today by more than a little.

John >>

Actually, selling at $18.50 was a very easy spot to sell. I do agree, and wrote so in a previous post, that there is very little profit incentive in selling and buying back on a dip, but that assumes one would be buying back.

• Options
    rong forum, my bad
  • Options
    Eagles arrived today.

Thank you John.

• Options
    Just got mine in the mail. Don't forget to leave positive feedback for John.

• Options
    JohnMabenJohnMaben Posts: 957 ✭✭✭
    I enjoy this (Precious Metals) forum. Nice group of guys. originally I thought it was a bad move when CU created it because I thought it should have stayed in the coins category but now I am glad they broke it off.... as time goes on... the animals are becoming less conjoined. Thanks to all.

John Maben
    Pegasus Coin and Jewelry (Brick and Mortar)
    ANA LM, PNG, APMD, FUN, Etc
    800-381-2646

• Options

<< <i>I enjoy this (Precious Metals) forum. Nice group of guys. originally I thought it was a bad move when CU created it because I thought it should have stayed in the coins category but now I am glad they broke it off.... as time goes on... the animals are becoming less conjoined. Thanks to all. >>

It was a pleasure doing business with you (MCM) 4 x within a 2 day period. image

John, you're welcome to make your gold and silver prediction for 2015. Heck, you could even win a couple of ASE'simage

2015 year end prediction for gold and silver contest
  • Options
    nibannynibanny Posts: 2,761

<< <i>I enjoy this (Precious Metals) forum. Nice group of guys. originally I thought it was a bad move when CU created it because I thought it should have stayed in the coins category but now I am glad they broke it off.... as time goes on... the animals are becoming less conjoined. Thanks to all. >>

Thank you John! It is a great thing having somebody like you in this forum.
    The member formerly known as Ciccio / Posts: 1453 / Joined: Apr 2009