Home Precious Metals
Options

Everybody says when it's a good time to buy - on the way up?

tneigtneig Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭
When is that?
COA

Comments

• Options
    MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭
    Great conundrum is determining a trend rather than a short term bounce.
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>When is that? >>

I think you answered your own question...No one likes to catch a falling knifeimage
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Up or down a few points doesn't matter to the buyer who believes he is buying at a bargain based on his long term expectations.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just continue to buy, up or down, it's
    about dollar cost averaging !!! image
    Timbuk3
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No one likes to try and catch a 75 mph roller coaster heading up a steep hill either. You can get hurt just as easily doing that.
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options

<< <i>No one likes to try and catch a 75 mph roller coaster heading up a steep hill either. You can get hurt just as easily doing that. >>

Only if you're on the track in front of it, but not behind.
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Just continue to buy, up or down, it's
    about dollar cost averaging !!! image >>

sounds like it's all about disposable income flow. Poor middle-class J6P can't afford to buy metals, he's squeezed on the left by the lazy poor gettin' his redistributed money and the crooked banksters on the right manipulatin' his returns and makin' him to be a failure, right fellas?

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options

Not if it's for investment purposes...many have gone bankrupt chasing a downward spiral in any asset class. For those that followed that concept for the last 4 years, well, I hope you have a history of longevity in your family. On the other hand, if you're stacking for a SHTF scenario, good luck & I hope I'm 6 ft under when that occurs.
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>No one likes to try and catch a 75 mph roller coaster heading up a steep hill either. You can get hurt just as easily doing that. >>

Only if you're on the track in front of it, but not behind. >>

Got it. So if you bought oil in June/early July 2008 by staying just behind the train....you did ok, right?

Choo-choo and all is well.....

Track looks all clear ahead this summer - Goldman says oil is going to $200 - buy buy buy

Seems to me if you were tagging along behind this train you went over the top and down the cliff as well.

Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Got it. So if you bought oil in June/early July 2008 by staying just behind the train....you did ok, right?

Choo-choo to the top of the roller coaster

Track looks all clear ahead - Goldman says oil is going to $200 - buy buy buy

Seems to me if you were tagging along behind this train you went over the top and down the cliff as well. >>

Why would anyone have purchased oil at those levels, unless they believed the conspiracy nuts, who were forecasting $5 a gallon of oil. Same holds true with the overblown $100 silver or $5k gold predictions in 2011. Do your homework and research before jumping in on any bandwagon. Be your own judge when making an investment and follow your gut feelings...it's at least 50% correct
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Track looks all clear ahead this summer - Goldman says oil is going to $200 - buy buy buy

Seems to me if you were tagging along behind this train you went over the top and down the cliff as well. >>

Why would anyone have purchased oil at those levels, unless they believed the conspiracy nuts, who were forecasting $5 a gallon of gas at the pump. Same holds true with the overblown $100 silver or $5k gold predictions in 2011. Do your homework and research before jumping in on any bandwagon. Be your own judge when making an investment and follow your gut feelings...it's at least 50% correct
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

PCGS still having issues with double posts...
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So many people listen to the PM hawkers (bloggers, etc).... and they end up losing in most cases. Definitely a lot of PT Barnum people out there....Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    CCC2010CCC2010 Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭
    When is it a good time to buy? Now or wait until later when prices fall again?
    References:Coinsarefun,DerryB,Bloodman,Zubie,Gerard,Skyman,Bestclser1,Lakesammman,Yellowkid,PerryHall,Piecesofme,HTubbs,grote15
    Coinfame,Kaelasdad,Type2,UNLVino,MICHAELDIXON
    Justacommeman,tydye,78saen,123cents,blue62vette,Segoja,Nibanny
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>When is that? >>

I think you answered your own question...No one likes to catch a falling knifeimage >>

There are still plenty of knife catchers in the oil market today. Everyone thinks they know how to pick a bottom.
    Veni, Vidi, Vici
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,217 ✭✭✭✭✭

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,994 ✭✭✭✭✭

When you can control it, it's smarter to DCA down and not up. If you make your first buy today at ASE say $420 a roll, then you should never buy when the price goes higher than that.
  • Options
    MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭

<< <i>When is it a good time to buy? Now or wait until later when prices fall again? >>

Silver could follow oil and copper down.....or soar on the massive central bank money creation. No guarantee that it will dip from the current levels. A year from now $18 may look like a bargain or a sucker bet.
  • Options
    CCC2010CCC2010 Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>When is it a good time to buy? Now or wait until later when prices fall again? >>

Silver could follow oil and copper down.....or soar on the massive central bank money creation. No guarantee that it will dip from the current levels. A year from now $18 may look like a bargain or a sucker bet.
    >>

Why is JP Morgan buying boat loads of Silver these past year according to what some said here and articles that were attached for us forum members to read...if i remember correctly. Do they know something that we don't? Maybe theyre going to manufacture their own JP Morgan Solar panels or something image
    References:Coinsarefun,DerryB,Bloodman,Zubie,Gerard,Skyman,Bestclser1,Lakesammman,Yellowkid,PerryHall,Piecesofme,HTubbs,grote15
    Coinfame,Kaelasdad,Type2,UNLVino,MICHAELDIXON
    Justacommeman,tydye,78saen,123cents,blue62vette,Segoja,Nibanny
  • Options
    OperationButterOperationButter Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭

<< <i>unless they believed the conspiracy nuts, who were forecasting $5 a gallon of gas at the pump. >>

I saw $4.91 a gallon in Southern California at the peak. Just sayin.
    Gold is for savings. Fiat is for transactions.

BST Transactions (as the seller): Collectall, GRANDAM, epcjimi1, wondercoin, jmski52, wheathoarder, jay1187, jdsueu, grote15, airplanenut, bigole