Home Sports Talk
Options

The topic of deflated balls

Comments

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,579 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have no real strong feelings one way or the other, but it is quite entertaining to witness the indignance of lathered up New England fans, nyah nyah nyah nyah nyah, LOL..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey Grote...if they've got the goods on Brady...pony up...otherwise it's a witch hunt to me...and you should know better. AND, if they have proof positive then hang them all...till then it's all BS.

Was the nyah, nyah thing something you learned in the 4th grade, or just a normal part of your vernacular ? BTW, I suspect you'd be a bit "lathered up" if your team was getting thrown under the bus with no hard facts.
  • Options
    While the NFL is in the spotlight...and not to detract from Bradygate...

How on earth did the NFL get a designation from the IRS as a non-profit organization? How did Congress come up with this reasoning?...please...serious responses only, I really would like to know.

The NFL pulled in a bit over $10.5 billion in 2013...and the Commissioner's salary is a mind-numbing $29m this year. For the white/blue collar workers that comes to $557,692 PER WEEK. What does Goodell do each "working" day to earn that kind of salary? Assuming there are 2080 working hours in a year, that's a paltry $13,942.31 per HOUR.

Pretty crazy.
  • Options

<< <i>Hey Grote...if they've got the goods on Brady...pony up...otherwise it's a witch hunt to me...and you should know better. AND, if they have proof positive then hang them all...till then it's all BS.

Was the nyah, nyah thing something you learned in the 4th grade, or just a normal part of your vernacular ? BTW, I suspect you'd be a bit "lathered up" if your team was getting thrown under the bus with no hard facts. >>

I was mimicking Pats fans with that nyah nyah but thanks for proving my point, LOL.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,751 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im the most passionate Patriots fan here in my opinion and yes Im extremely frustrated by this whole thing however what frustrates me most is the level that this entire thing has gotten to, Ray Rice gets 2 games for beating the crap out of his wife and the NFL ASKS Ray Rice wife to apoligize to the media as well as her husband so the complete moron that Goodel is he decides to try and save face by smashing the Patriots with this ridiculous penalty on the Wells report which cant 100% prove guilt, then throw in all these idiot haters that are carrying the torch saying that the Pats deserve this? The hypocrisy is maddening because NOBODY gives a crap about other NFL teams that have been FOUND GUILTY yet NE gets it tucked up their rear end because of TWO THINGS BEYOND DOUBT

#1 Goodel is trying to save face yet the truth of the matter is he couldnt be a disciplinarian for an Elementary school let alone the NFL
    #2 Non Pats fans are so sick of the Patriots winning.

The Colts knew about this stupid PSI thing well before their pathetic performance in the playoffs yet WAITED until before the game to try and throw the Pats off, thats it! If it was so important they would have cryed foul right off the rip yet all you haters are taking this to a stupid level saying they should give back Super Bowl wins and all this other nonsense its sickening.

At the end of the day You cannot hold back the Pats, take another 1st round draft pick and cry your eyes out when they make another playoff run, and as far as the complete idiots that say their Super Bowl wins are tainted then start a campain lobbying against every NFL team that skirts the rules and be 100% fair about it rather than letting your blind hatred for a WINNER cloud your judgement.
  • Options

• Options
    Like Grote and others, they simply fail to see the illogical conclusions that the all mighty Goodell has come down with. They are like bomb throwers who like to mix and match words to be ever so clever, yet fail to remotely see their shortcomings. But, those of his ilk just like to lurk and toss out little meaningless phrases from time to time...normally a well written poster, but once challenged, he can only post childish BS as others do.

The penalty facing Brady is well beyond fairness should the( ALLEGATIONS) be proven true...I think Paul did a nice job of posting the lineup of those who have preceded the NFL penalty flag.

OH...BTW, wasn't this horrific deflation thing discovered prior to the conclusion of the first half...and now that the atmospheric God's return the full PSI to the pigskin, didn't the Pats have a BETTER second half than first?

But, I still looooooooooovvvvvvvvvved the interception !!! imageimage

Hey Paul...glad the snow is gone. From Loudon, NH, they tell me the weather is really nice...glad you survived. BTW, if you ever get up Loudon way, LMK. Al
  • Options
    Hey, I posted earlier that I thought the Pats were being unfairly persecuted in this unfortunate matter. First, they take away their team videographer, now they won't let them take a few ounces of air out of footballs. Where does the madness end?? Next I may even have to even start adding bold type and/or elongating words to make my point! image

• Options

<< <i>Hey, I posted earlier that I thought the Pats were being unfairly persecuted in this unfortunate matter. First, they take away their team videographer, now they won't let them take a few ounces of air out of footballs. Where does the madness end?? Next I may even have to even start adding bold type and/or elongating words to make my point! image >>

All this sarcasm coming from a Jets fan makes it bearable.

Tim I give you a free pass, surely your deserving of wallowing in this mistreatment of my beloved Patriots due to the bumbling history of the P E T S Pets Pets Pets!!! image
  • Options
    Thanks, Paul, buddy, lol. You know I think it's all ridiculous. I just like to watch the aftermath. image

• Options
    PM770PM770 Posts: 320 ✭✭
    I'm trying to figure out why there are three different threads about this.

Oops, sorry:

I'm tryyyyyyyyyyyying to figure out whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy there are threeeeeeeeeeee different threads about this.

Now it fits this dumpster fire of a thread so much better.
  • Options
    Hey PM770...I'm soooooo glad to see that you are following posting protocols. image
  • Options

<< <i>I'm trying to figure out why there are three different threads about this.

Oops, sorry:

I'm tryyyyyyyyyyyying to figure out whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy there are threeeeeeeeeeee different threads about this.

Now it fits this dumpster fire of a thread so much better. >>

Would you rather we start a thread or threads about the Tribe? image
  • Options
    garnettstylegarnettstyle Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options

<< <i>http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/former-dolphins-quarterback-says-brady-was-using-doctored-footballs-in-2004/ar-BBjJv67 >>

Now all the jealous QBs start coming out of the woodwork for their 15 minutes of fame, LOL...

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/former-dolphins-quarterback-says-brady-was-using-doctored-footballs-in-2004/ar-BBjJv67 >>

Now all the jealous QBs start coming out of the woodwork for their 15 minutes of fame, LOL... >>

Not a QB, but I doubt Don Shula is jealous.

IT CAN'T BE A TRUE PLAYOFF UNLESS THE BIG TEN CHAMPIONS ARE INCLUDED

• Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,465 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    The Patriots explained McNally's text to assistant equipment manager John Jastremski in which he refers to himself as "the deflator" like this:

"Mr. Jastremski would sometimes work out and bulk up — he is a slender guy and his goal was to get to 200 pounds. Mr. McNally is a big fellow and had the opposite goal: to lose weight. “Deflate” was a term they used to refer to losing weight. One can specifically see this use of the term in a Nov. 30, 2014 text from Mr. McNally to Mr. Jastremski: “deflate and give somebody that jacket.” (p. 87). This banter, and Mr. McNally’s goal of losing weight, meant Mr. McNally was the “deflator.” There was nothing complicated or sinister about it."

The jokes soon followed, and for that the Patriots only have themselves to blame.
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options
    Goodell to preside over Brady appeal process.

So goes the fairness and objectivity of the appeal. Goodell's obvious ego won't allow for an independent arbitrator, which is sorely needed here, given Goodell's past decisions on NFL "activities".
  • Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,372 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Goodell to preside over Brady appeal process.

So goes the fairness and objectivity of the appeal. Goodell's obvious ego won't allow for an independent arbitrator, which is sorely needed here, given Goodell's past decisions on NFL "activities". >>

Agreed.
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A little snippet from the NFLPA..........mark

The evidence against Brady is weak and doesn't justify the punishment

This much is clear to most objective people who have actually read the entire Wells Report. The Wells Report itself uses vague terms about Brady. The letter points them out, saying it says it was "more probable than not” that Mr. Brady was “generally aware of” “inappropriate activities.” They didn't have much else.

Based on the evidence of the alleged crimes (it's still hard to express what the crime is, because Brady is never really accused of anything specific in the 243-page report), the NFLPA says it's an unprecedented punishment.

"Your decision to suspend Mr. Brady for four games—i.e., one-quarter of the NFL season—for his alleged 'general[] aware[ness] of the actions of the Patriots’ employees involved in the deflation of the footballs' and 'failure to cooperate fully and candidly with the [Wells] investigation' is grossly inconsistent with the League’s prior disciplinary treatment of similar alleged conduct, including lack of cooperation and not complying with League rules regarding game balls or other equipment."
    The letter goes on to say that "no player in the history of the NFL has ever received anything approaching this level of discipline for similar behavior," which is a change that is "forbidden by the CBA and the law of the shop." And it is very clear that this punishment is excessive when compared to other similar cases.

Unless the NFLPA can somehow get Goodell to give up his role overseeing the appeal, perhaps by expressing that it wants him to testify, none of this will matter. Goodell can't lose this appeal, and he obviously won't if he rules on the case. It's unfortunate. A real appeal instead of the farce it will be would have been interesting to watch unfold.

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    If Brady etal lose the appeal process...which appears to be in the offing with Goodell steering the ship...can't he proceed in civil court to sue the NFL.? If so, what would the charges be...and could he not only sue for reversal, could he sue for monetary damages...i.e. defamation, etc?
  • Options

<< <i>If Brady etal lose the appeal process...which appears to be in the offing with Goodell steering the ship...can't he proceed in civil court to sue the NFL.? If so, what would the charges be...and could he not only sue for reversal, could he sue for monetary damages...i.e. defamation, etc? >>

I'm no lawyer, but I understand that in a civil case there is something called "Discovery", in which both sides will have to provide any relevant evidence subpeonaed. For example, Brady's cellphone. Therefore, there is absolutely ZERO chance there is any civil litigation regarding this.

Any lawyers in the group, please correct me if my understanding is wrong.
  • Options

<< <i>Goodell to preside over Brady appeal process.

So goes the fairness and objectivity of the appeal. Goodell's obvious ego won't allow for an independent arbitrator, which is sorely needed here, given Goodell's past decisions on NFL "activities". >>

Couldnt agree more.

This was a witch hunt from the start and its obvious that Goodell has it out for the Patriots
  • Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brady will be riding the pine for at least 3 games, IMO. Sorry NE fans...it's time to wake up. Twisting facts, and making up new meanings for the term 'deflators', while humorous, will likely not fly!

Dave
    Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options
    So Kraft is NOT appealing the monetary fine and loss of Draft picks.

This screams of softening Goodell up to help in the arbitration process of Bradys suspension, I feel that Kraft had no choice to give the Patriots their best chance of chopping this 4 games up into less games since Goodell has the say. Again its a joke and anyone outside of NE is full of it if they dont agree that this whole thing is completely blown out of proportion.

Either Way The Pats will be in the playoffs AGAIN this year and all You haters can just grin and bear it AGAIN image
  • Options
    Yes, we do hate cheaters. See the NE Patriot system.

Dave
    Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options

<< <i>Yes, we do hate cheaters. See the NE Patriot system.

Dave >>

Dave, I understand your hatred.

I went through it after the Patriots loss twice to the Giants and know full well what your going through especially after your Seahawks grasped Defeat out of the jaws of Victory against my beloved Patriots, you came sooooooooooooooooooooooo close but it just didnt happen for your team, so sorry image

• Options
    Hilarious, and quite true. Run the dang ball, Pete!

But that doesn't really change the fact that the Patriots are cheaters, right?

Dave
  • Options

<< <i>But that doesn't really change the fact that the Patriots are cheaters, right?

Dave >>

No more than any other NFL team
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>But that doesn't really change the fact that the Patriots are cheaters, right?

Dave >>

No more than any other NFL team >>

What other team?

• Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,955 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

Dave >>

What other team? >>

Well, to date, the Patriots haven't had any staff members tripping an opposing player (NY Jets) or head coaches walking onto the field to interfere with a kick return (Steelers). I'd say both of those are far worse than - possibly - lowering the air pressure in the footballs.
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Dave >>

What other team? >>

Well, to date, the Patriots haven't had any staff members tripping an opposing player (NY Jets) or head coaches walking onto the field to interfere with a kick return (Steelers). I'd say both of those are far worse than - possibly - lowering the air pressure in the footballs. >>

Add Denver and Cleveland off the top of my head. Also, Jimmy Jofnson said he filmed just like the Pat while at the Cowboys and Dolphins. He said all teams did. He just never got caught. Also said it doesn't help

Mark
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Dave >>

What other team? >>

Well, to date, the Patriots haven't had any staff members tripping an opposing player (NY Jets) or head coaches walking onto the field to interfere with a kick return (Steelers). I'd say both of those are far worse than - possibly - lowering the air pressure in the footballs. >>

Is that all you got? lol Tomlin said he didn't do it on purpose and he looked silly doing it.

• Options

<< <i>Is that all you got? lol Tomlin said he didn't do it on purpose and he looked silly doing it. >>

Of course, it's not "all I got". There's lots of other instances of cheating. I just chose two on-field incidents involving direct interference by staff members.

And Tomlin is lying. He absolutely, positively, 100% did that on-purpose.
  • Options

<< <i>

And Tomlin is lying. He absolutely, positively, 100% did that on-purpose. >>

Meh, that's your opinion. Kind of hard to call it cheating when everyone seen it.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

And Tomlin is lying. He absolutely, positively, 100% did that on-purpose. >>

Meh, that's your opinion. Kind of hard to call it cheating when everyone seen it. >>

LOL. He watched the play on the big screen. It was definitely intentional.
  • Options
    Nobody talks about the 2010 Broncos taping a walk through practice or the Jets filming violation , nobody talks about the salary cap violations the 2 years the Broncos won the Super Bowl in the 90's, nobody talks about the New York Fiants faking injuries, nobody talks about the Chargers and their illegal substance on their towels, nobody talks about the browns and illegal texting, nobody talks about the Falcons pumping fake crowd noise into the stadium, nobody talks about Jerry Rice and his sticky gloves....yea just single the Patriots out for .5 PSI in a football
  • Options

<< <i>Nobody talks about the 2010 Broncos taping a walk through practice >>

I wonder what that coach is doing nowadays?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Nobody talks about the 2010 Broncos taping a walk through practice >>

I wonder what that coach is doing nowadays? >>

Address the rest of my post then I will answer you, how bout that?
  • Options
    imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    It was good to see the right person getting his balls deflated today.
  • Options
  • Options
    From Wikipedia...for those who may not be aware of how well Brady and the Patriots played in the game that began all the hooplah. The most pertinent point is that once the footballs were properly inflated in the second half, Brady and the team crushed the Colts. This, coupled with the lack of "proof positive" by the Goodellian mob mentality, found Brady's punishment vacated by the judge. Goodell's hubris and his "I am God" approach, coupled with his lack of proof and common sense thinking finds him with a ton of egg on his face. Goodell's track record is dismal in the punishment department and as I predicted the Brady thing would be overturned, Goodell will also fail in the Appellate court venue as well. Goodell's lack of request for a "stay" pending the Appellate review gives clear indication to me that Goodell and his minions will only be going through the motions to try and save face, of which they have none. I will also predict that next Thursday in Gillette Stadium, Tom Brady will get the loudest, longest, standing ovation from the fans...and deservedly so.

If you care to read more, just google the AFC championship game.

Game information

New England blew out the Colts, massively outgaining them in total yards (397 to 209), first downs (28 to 17), and time of possession (37:49 to 22:11), while also forcing three turnovers and scoring touchdowns on their first four drives of the second half. This was the most lopsided AFC championship victory since the Buffalo Bills defeated the Los Angeles Raiders 51–3 in the 1990 season.

Both teams had to punt on their first drive, but Colts returner Josh Cribbs muffed the kick and Patriots linebacker Darius Fleming recovered the ball on the Indianapolis 26-yard line. Five plays later, LeGarrette Blount scored on a 1-yard touchdown run to put the Patriots up 7–0. The Colts responded with a drive to the New England 33-yard line, but the drive stalled there and Adam Vinatieri missed a 51-yard field goal attempt. New England took over on their 41-yard line, and mounted an 8-play, 59-yard drive, including Tom Brady's 30-yard completion to running back Shane Vereen, to score on Brady's 1-yard pass to fullback James Develin.

In the second quarter, New England threatened to score again with a drive to the Colts' 26-yard line, but this time they came up empty when Brady threw a pass that was intercepted by linebacker D'Qwell Jackson. Andrew Luck then led the Colts 93 yards in 10 plays, featuring a 36-yard completion to T. Y. Hilton on the right sideline, on a drive that ended with a 1-yard touchdown run by Zurlon Tipton, cutting their deficit to 14–7. New England responded with a 15-play drive to score on Stephen Gostkowski's 21-yard field goal, putting them up 17–7 with 9 seconds left in the half.[35]

In the second half, New England completely dominated the game. On their opening drive, Brady completed a 23-yard pass to receiver Julian Edelman and Blount ripped off a 22-yard run as the team drove 87 yards to score on Brady's 16-yard touchdown pass to tackle Nate Solder, who had checked in as an eligible receiver for a 3rd and 1 situation. After forcing the Colts to punt, Brady completed a 22-yard pass to Edelman, and eventually finished the drive with a 5-yard touchdown toss to tight end Rob Gronkowski. On the Colts' next drive, Luck was intercepted by cornerback Darrelle Revis, who returned the ball 30 yards to the Colts' 13-yard line, and Blount ran the ball into the end zone on the next play. Indianapolis had to punt on their next possession, and Edelman returned the ball 45 yards to the Colts' 45-yard line, setting up Blount's 2-yard touchdown run with 10:05 left in the game. The Colts' final three drives after this would result in an interception by Patriots linebacker Jamie Collins, a punt, and time expiring in the game.

Brady threw for 226 yards and 3 touchdowns, with an interception, while Blount rushed for 148 yards and 3 touchdowns. Edelman was the top receiver of the game with 9 receptions for 98 yards, a 12-yard carry, and returned 3 punts for 71 yards. Luck finished the game 12-for-33 for 126 yards.

This game marked another round of milestones for several members of the Patriots. Brady surpassed John Elway for the most Super Bowl appearances ever by a quarterback (6), and tied Mike Lodish for the most by any player. New England coach Bill Belichick tied Don Shula for the most Super Bowls ever reached (6) and set a new record for most postseason wins (21). Blount set new franchise playoff records for carries in a game (30) and career rushing touchdowns (7). For the Colts, Vinatieri set a new NFL record for most postseason games played (30), surpassing the old record of 29 set by Jerry Rice.[36]

After the game, claims emerged that the Patriots had used under-inflated footballs.[37][38] The results of the NFL's investigation, and possible sanctions against the Patriots, concluded with Brady's four-game suspension and the Patriots forfeiting their first and fourth round draft picks in the 2016 and 2017 NFL Drafts, respectively.

GO PATS !!!
  • Options

<< <i>From Wikipedia...for those who may not be aware of how well Brady and the Patriots played in the game that began all the hooplah. The most pertinent point is that once the footballs were properly inflated in the second half, Brady and the team crushed the Colts. This, coupled with the lack of "proof positive" by the Goodellian mob mentality, found Brady's punishment vacated by the judge. Goodell's hubris and his "I am God" approach, coupled with his lack of proof and common sense thinking finds him with a ton of egg on his face. Goodell's track record is dismal in the punishment department and as I predicted the Brady thing would be overturned, Goodell will also fail in the Appellate court venue as well. Goodell's lack of request for a "stay" pending the Appellate review gives clear indication to me that Goodell and his minions will only be going through the motions to try and save face, of which they have none. I will also predict that next Thursday in Gillette Stadium, Tom Brady will get the loudest, longest, standing ovation from the fans...and deservedly so.

If you care to read more, just google the AFC championship game.

Game information

New England blew out the Colts, massively outgaining them in total yards (397 to 209), first downs (28 to 17), and time of possession (37:49 to 22:11), while also forcing three turnovers and scoring touchdowns on their first four drives of the second half. This was the most lopsided AFC championship victory since the Buffalo Bills defeated the Los Angeles Raiders 51–3 in the 1990 season.

Both teams had to punt on their first drive, but Colts returner Josh Cribbs muffed the kick and Patriots linebacker Darius Fleming recovered the ball on the Indianapolis 26-yard line. Five plays later, LeGarrette Blount scored on a 1-yard touchdown run to put the Patriots up 7–0. The Colts responded with a drive to the New England 33-yard line, but the drive stalled there and Adam Vinatieri missed a 51-yard field goal attempt. New England took over on their 41-yard line, and mounted an 8-play, 59-yard drive, including Tom Brady's 30-yard completion to running back Shane Vereen, to score on Brady's 1-yard pass to fullback James Develin.

In the second quarter, New England threatened to score again with a drive to the Colts' 26-yard line, but this time they came up empty when Brady threw a pass that was intercepted by linebacker D'Qwell Jackson. Andrew Luck then led the Colts 93 yards in 10 plays, featuring a 36-yard completion to T. Y. Hilton on the right sideline, on a drive that ended with a 1-yard touchdown run by Zurlon Tipton, cutting their deficit to 14–7. New England responded with a 15-play drive to score on Stephen Gostkowski's 21-yard field goal, putting them up 17–7 with 9 seconds left in the half.[35]

In the second half, New England completely dominated the game. On their opening drive, Brady completed a 23-yard pass to receiver Julian Edelman and Blount ripped off a 22-yard run as the team drove 87 yards to score on Brady's 16-yard touchdown pass to tackle Nate Solder, who had checked in as an eligible receiver for a 3rd and 1 situation. After forcing the Colts to punt, Brady completed a 22-yard pass to Edelman, and eventually finished the drive with a 5-yard touchdown toss to tight end Rob Gronkowski. On the Colts' next drive, Luck was intercepted by cornerback Darrelle Revis, who returned the ball 30 yards to the Colts' 13-yard line, and Blount ran the ball into the end zone on the next play. Indianapolis had to punt on their next possession, and Edelman returned the ball 45 yards to the Colts' 45-yard line, setting up Blount's 2-yard touchdown run with 10:05 left in the game. The Colts' final three drives after this would result in an interception by Patriots linebacker Jamie Collins, a punt, and time expiring in the game.

Brady threw for 226 yards and 3 touchdowns, with an interception, while Blount rushed for 148 yards and 3 touchdowns. Edelman was the top receiver of the game with 9 receptions for 98 yards, a 12-yard carry, and returned 3 punts for 71 yards. Luck finished the game 12-for-33 for 126 yards.

This game marked another round of milestones for several members of the Patriots. Brady surpassed John Elway for the most Super Bowl appearances ever by a quarterback (6), and tied Mike Lodish for the most by any player. New England coach Bill Belichick tied Don Shula for the most Super Bowls ever reached (6) and set a new record for most postseason wins (21). Blount set new franchise playoff records for carries in a game (30) and career rushing touchdowns (7). For the Colts, Vinatieri set a new NFL record for most postseason games played (30), surpassing the old record of 29 set by Jerry Rice.[36]

After the game, claims emerged that the Patriots had used under-inflated footballs.[37][38] The results of the NFL's investigation, and possible sanctions against the Patriots, concluded with Brady's four-game suspension and the Patriots forfeiting their first and fourth round draft picks in the 2016 and 2017 NFL Drafts, respectively.

GO PATS !!! >>

I have seen the excuse that "the Patriots didn't need to cheat to win, they even played better with the balls properly inflated blah blah blah".

It really doesn't matter AT ALL if their cheating was necessary for them to win! In fact had they cheated and lost, it would have been just as bad. Please stop using this lame excuse. In fact, it really just shows how stupid anyone is that cheats when they don't have to in order to win.

Do any of you Patriot fans even care that two employees lost their livelihoods because of this? The team didn't waste any time throwing them under the bus. REAL CLASS ORGANIZATION!

I am not a "hater", but I am becoming one. Maybe you guys could start yet another thread!?!?!?!?!?

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options

<< <i>

Dave >>

Yet ANOTHER lame excuse for cheating. Thanks though for admitting that they did cheat. image
  • Options
    The witch hunt is over and Goodell got his just desserts. Now, let's move on and play football.

I hate the Pats but even I had to admit this whole saga was a colossal waste of time and money.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Dave >>

Yet ANOTHER lame excuse for cheating. Thanks though for admitting that they did cheat. image >>

What's lame is you still being so hung up one this, A judge ruled in NE favor get over it.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Dave >>

Yet ANOTHER lame excuse for cheating. Thanks though for admitting that they did cheat. image >>

What's lame is you still being so hung up one this, A judge ruled in NE favor get over it. >>

That's funny! I am hung up on this? WOW! NE is a cheating organization, that's all we need to know. Proven twice now. Many guilty parties get off on technicalities, add NE to that list.

Over it.