Options

The topic of deflated balls

Comments

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    100 balls on the wall

MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,751 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>90 degrees? Who inflates footballs in the shower? If balls were inflated with 90 degree air it was intentional and just as much of a cheat as simply deflating them. They cheated.........they got caught.

Nice physics lesson though! >>

Hey, I just posted the physics lesson for its own sake - I couldn't care less who wins this Super Bowl or how tight Tom Brady's balls are. But point of order - if there is no rule against inflating a ball with 90 degree air, then inflating a ball with 90 degree air - intentional or not - is NOT cheating. And I don't think there's a rule against it.

I've also since read that all but one of the balls was actually only one pound under the limit, which would mean it was inflated with 70 degree air - or room temperature. If, as another poster said, every team inflates their balls indoors, then balls losing one pound of pressure - or two or more in Green Bay in January - absolutely must have been happening routinely for decades. The only thing unusual about this latest episode is that someone actually "noticed". This is a scandal manufactured out of nothing at all. >>

Completely agree!!
  • Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    seebelowseebelow Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭
    Espn physics lesson today....basically for every 10 degree drop, the psi decreases by 2. Soooo, by that rule a ball inflated at 70 degrees then taken outside where it's 10 degrees should result in ZERO psi? Ummm not quite sure about that espn. haven't seen it.

Take it all with a grain of salt. And why werent Indys balls the same psi then?
    Interested in higher grade vintage cards. Aren't we all. image
  • Options
    EstilEstil Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭✭
    Once my wife (remember she's from greater Boston; Malden to be exact) found out about the deflated balls I've been playfully teasing her about it, like how when they do the pre-game intros with those giant inflated football helmets, maybe the Patriots' one will be partially deflated? image It's a wonder I haven't gotten smacked yet... But I did get her some good Super Bowl munchies for tomorrow so...
    WISHLIST
    Dimes: 54S, 53P, 50P, 49S, 45D+S, 44S, 43D, 41S, 40D+S, 39D+S, 38D+S, 37D+S, 36S, 35D+S, all 16-34's
    Quarters: 52S, 47S, 46S, 40S, 39S, 38S, 37D+S, 36D+S, 35D, 34D, 32D+S
    74 Topps: 37,38,46,47,48,138,151,193,210,214,223,241,256,264,268,277,289,316,435,552,570,577,592,602,610,654,655
    1997 Finest silver: 115, 135, 139, 145, 310
    1995 Ultra Gold Medallion Sets: Golden Prospects, HR Kings, On-Base Leaders, Power Plus, RBI Kings, Rising Stars
  • Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,969 ✭✭✭✭✭

This deflate thing is getting ridiculous I'm sitting here watching one of 200 super bowl pre-game shows and Ray Lewis is lecturing the patriots on integrity image

What would posses a murderer to lecture anyone about integrity? Why does that idiot even have a job on tv ? He's a complete moron.
  • Options
    lightningboylightningboy Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭
    Now that the bandwagon has had almost 2 weeks to steamroll over the Patriots, does anyone want to talk about the new report stating that it wasnt quite 11 out of 12 balls severely under inflated, it was actually 1 ballimage

Somehow I don't think this topic of conversation will have same the legs as the anti Patriot one did.
  • Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,372 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>90 degrees? Who inflates footballs in the shower? If balls were inflated with 90 degree air it was intentional and just as much of a cheat as simply deflating them. They cheated.........they got caught.

Nice physics lesson though! >>

Hey, I just posted the physics lesson for its own sake - I couldn't care less who wins this Super Bowl or how tight Tom Brady's balls are. But point of order - if there is no rule against inflating a ball with 90 degree air, then inflating a ball with 90 degree air - intentional or not - is NOT cheating. And I don't think there's a rule against it.

I've also since read that all but one of the balls was actually only one pound under the limit, which would mean it was inflated with 70 degree air - or room temperature. If, as another poster said, every team inflates their balls indoors, then balls losing one pound of pressure - or two or more in Green Bay in January - absolutely must have been happening routinely for decades. The only thing unusual about this latest episode is that someone actually "noticed". This is a scandal manufactured out of nothing at all. >>

Come on..........if someone inflated the football with extra hot air it would be because he knew what would happen when the air cooled, that's cheating.

On the other hand then there must be no rule against inflating the footballs with 400 degree air and having pork rinds for a snack instead of playing football!

Hope it's a good game today.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    EstilEstil Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>This deflate thing is getting ridiculous I'm sitting here watching one of 200 super bowl pre-game shows and Ray Lewis is lecturing the patriots on integrity image

What would posses a murderer to lecture anyone about integrity? Why does that idiot even have a job on tv ? He's a complete moron. >>

So what are you saying, that this whole deflate debate is all a bunch of hot air? image
    WISHLIST
    Dimes: 54S, 53P, 50P, 49S, 45D+S, 44S, 43D, 41S, 40D+S, 39D+S, 38D+S, 37D+S, 36S, 35D+S, all 16-34's
    Quarters: 52S, 47S, 46S, 40S, 39S, 38S, 37D+S, 36D+S, 35D, 34D, 32D+S
    74 Topps: 37,38,46,47,48,138,151,193,210,214,223,241,256,264,268,277,289,316,435,552,570,577,592,602,610,654,655
    1997 Finest silver: 115, 135, 139, 145, 310
    1995 Ultra Gold Medallion Sets: Golden Prospects, HR Kings, On-Base Leaders, Power Plus, RBI Kings, Rising Stars
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>This deflate thing is getting ridiculous I'm sitting here watching one of 200 super bowl pre-game shows and Ray Lewis is lecturing the patriots on integrity image

What would posses a murderer to lecture anyone about integrity? Why does that idiot even have a job on tv ? He's a complete moron. >>

So what are you saying, that this whole deflate debate is all a bunch of hot air? image >>

Started out hot, has now cooled off!
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options

<< <i>

So what are you saying, that this whole deflate debate is all a bunch of hot air? image >>

I don't know that it is all hot air , I just think its ironic that a someone like Ray Lewis should be lecturing anyone. Anyone that dodged a murder rap by ratting out his friends in the way he did should probably just shut up about the transgressions of others.

• Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    Latest report show3s:
    1 ball 2 lbs under
    several 1 lb under
    the rest 12.5 or not below enough to matter.

All that BS for that seems a bit much to me.
  • Options
    alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    When is the super bowl anyways???
  • Options
    Ray Lewis should be thankful that he had the money to hire a good lawyer or he wouldn't be on the street talking about the Patriots.
  • Options
    The Seahawks ball is now officially deflated
  • Options
    DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually thought this post about 'deflated balls' was about Bruce Jenner.
    "Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)
  • Options
  • Options

<< <i>I actually thought this post about 'deflated balls' was about Bruce Jenner. >>

Maybe yes maybe no , I'm afraid you will have to tune in to the reality show to find out. image He will probably get breast implants at the end of season one then kill himself midway through season 2
  • Options
    MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I actually thought this post about 'deflated balls' was about Bruce Jenner. >>

• Options
    Being married to that piece of work would make any man want to cut off his deflated balls!
  • Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps he can make a comeback as a woman.....would be interesting!
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options

<< <i>Perhaps he can make a comeback as a woman.....would be interesting! >>

Pole vault might be more difficult.
  • Options
    Browns general manager Ray Farmer may be facing a multi-game suspension, and the Browns could face fines and loss of draft picks as the NFL is prepared to punish the team for illegal texting during a game.

Mary Kay Cabot of the Northeast Ohio Media Group reported that the NFL is finishing up an "integrity of the game" probe of the team.

Last month, the NE Ohio Media Group reported that a "high-ranking personnel member" texted the sideline from the press box during a regular season game, to discuss the playcalling. That would be a violation of the NFL's electronic use policy.

Cabot confirmed with several league sources that Farmer was the team official that sent the text messages.

Sanctions are expected to be announced within the next few weeks. The team could lose a draft pick, and Farmer may be facing a suspension of three or four games.
  • Options

<< <i>Browns general manager Ray Farmer may be facing a multi-game suspension, and the Browns could face fines and loss of draft picks as the NFL is prepared to punish the team for illegal texting during a game. >>

At this rate, they may have to call off the draft.
  • Options
    Now that Jerry Rice has admitted to cheating do all of the 49ers titles get vacated or just some of them?

MJ
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

<< <i>Now that Jerry Rice has admitted to cheating do all of the 49ers titles get vacated or just some of them?

MJ >>

Edit: On second thought we should allow each team a certain amount of cheats per game. We could have regular cheating and flagrant cheating. Sort of like in basketball. Texting and playing arena music too loud could be regular cheating and super glue gunk on your hands would be a flagrant. Maybe if a team gets 20 total a game, you would fine the owner $25 and make him watch the next game with his wife.

I am sure that we could work out the details.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Now that Jerry Rice has admitted to cheating do all of the 49ers titles get vacated or just some of them?

MJ >>

I would throw his ass out of the Hall of Fame. Another sports hero bites the dust. >>

The Hall would be the size of a phone booth under your regime.

MJ
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

MJ >>

I would throw his ass out of the Hall of Fame. Another sports hero bites the dust. >>

The Hall would be the size of a phone booth under your regime.

MJ >>

I'm just curious where the rest of these "holier than though" posters are and why they are not carrying a battle flag against jerry rice and the Cleveland Browns. image
  • Options
    fergie23fergie23 Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm just curious where the rest of these "holier than though" posters are and why they are not carrying a battle flag against jerry rice and the Cleveland Browns

Not a holier than though poster but figured I would comment.

I imagine with the Browns people yawn over what they have been accused of doing because their team has sucked for so long. If you cheat and you still lose what difference did it truly make? It is when you cheat and win that your accomplishments are looked at in a different light. That said with the new evidence that has been presented since the infamous 11 out of 12 balls were deflated leak I think the league does not even slap the Pats on the wrist unless they get a confession from a Pats employee.

When all the ex-athletes came out criticizing Brady I thought at the time that they had best be careful. The "if you ain't cheating you ain't trying hard enough" saying has been around for a long time. Unlike the NCAAs the NFL doesn't have retroactive take backs for infractions so Rice's records are safe. Rice will simply be looked at as a hypocrite for those that even care to remember. Doesn't change the fact that he was the greatest WR of all time. Just like the cloud of suspicion around Brady doesn't change the fact that he is now the greatest QB of all time.

Robb
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    There is no question that Brady is the best quarterback of all time now.
  • Options
    I appreciate your post Robb, it's the other fella's here that were so quick to hammer the patriots but will turn a deaf ear to everyone else in regards to cheating because they are haters pure and simple and I think it's completely ignorant
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,769 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Will be enjoying a good book on Super Bowl Sunday! >>

You missed a good game, loser.
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,769 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>There is no question that Brady is the best quarterback of all time now. >>

Mark Wahlberg said he is -- that's good enough for me. image
  • Options
    Text messages are a fun read! image
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options

And one more for WCK imageimageimageimage

• Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whatever the outcome is for Tom he is still the man.

He has it all. Someone has to be the stud who is the quarterback that wins titles and is married to a super model who just so happens to make millions herself.

We can all only dream.

• Options
    Apparently the NFL decided that they did not care about this act and came down on the Patriots for it.
  • Options

<< <i>image

And one more for WCK imageimageimageimage

image >>

• Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The NFL just lowered the boom on these cheaters!

LOVE IT!

Dave
    Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options
    garnettstylegarnettstyle Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭
    Its about time they punished those cheaters. They should take away their super bowl trophy.

IT CAN'T BE A TRUE PLAYOFF UNLESS THE BIG TEN CHAMPIONS ARE INCLUDED

• Options

<< <i>The NFL just lowered the boom on these cheaters!

LOVE IT!

Dave >>

Ofcourse you do because your Seahawks made the biggest fools out of themseves a few months back LOL

• Options

<< <i>Its about time they punished those cheaters. They should take away their super bowl trophy. >>

I love that you keep outdoing every last comment you make that is dubbed "One of the most ridiculas ever" image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Its about time they punished those cheaters. They should take away their super bowl trophy. >>

I love that you keep outdoing every last comment you make that is dubbed "One of the most ridiculas ever" image >>

You're just butt hurt that your team is part of a franchise full of cheaters. Happy spygate.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

I love that you keep outdoing every last comment you make that is dubbed "One of the most ridiculas ever" image >>

You're just butt hurt that your team is part of a franchise full of cheaters. Happy spygate. >>

6 Super Bowls and 4 Wins?? LOL You must be thinking of some other guy LOL

Happy better luck next year for your pathetic team
  • Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just got done listening to some Boston radio....people are going ABSOLUTELY INSANE over this. I was howling! Some Patriot fan called in and wants to start a 'class action' lawsuit against the NFL over Brady's suspension. What on earth do N.E. fans know about 'class', anyway. Too funny!

Dave
    Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options

<< <i>Just got done listening to some Boston radio....people are going ABSOLUTELY INSANE over this. I was howling! Some Patriot fan called in and wants to start a 'class action' lawsuit against the NFL over Brady's suspension. What on earth do N.E. fans know about 'class', anyway. Too funny!

Dave >>

The class action lawsuit talk is actually funny, ALMOST as funny as Pete Carrol throwing the ball on their last offensive play in the Super Bowl image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

You're just butt hurt that your team is part of a franchise full of cheaters. Happy spygate. >>

6 Super Bowls and 4 tarnished Wins??

>>

Yep.

• Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    This feels very personal to some Patriot's fans. Very defensive. Interesting.
  • Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    While there is no definitive proof...i.e. "Brady was generally aware". Out come the legions of clowns who want to geld him...primarily Seahawk crybaby looooooooozers. But, I'll give you Seattle guys a pass because it must have been incredibly painful to watch the interception conjured up by your DOOFUS coach.

I suspect and won't be surprised that much, if not all of the pummeling of Brady and the Patriot's organization will be overturned. You can't shoot somebody because of innuendo, which is mostly what appears to be the case here. This of course has nothing to do with the esteemed Commissioner's handling of the Ray Rice fiasco. Boy, I'll get these basta$ds this time. Instead of looking at logic (no matter who the team)...it's just the same old sour grape PU$$IES who are still fuming over their incredibly inept play at the end of the SB.

So, I say, rave on you lunatics...let's see how the appeal goes.

PS for Seattle fans...LLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOVED the interception. imageimageimage