Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

vandweller's Dwight Evans thread

124»

Comments

• foozfooz Posts: 21
    I don't comment, but I check every update on this thread...love Dewey updates!!!
  • Originally posted by: miwlvrn

You should have your new one for your set very soon...

Unfortunately, word from PSA is that it's not eligible. But still glad to have it.

• GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm always happy to see this thread updated. Dewey was one of my favorite players in the '80s.

Today's pickup. Looking forward to opening this one, getting it in a slab, adding it to the master set composite.

• ldfergldferg Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: LarkinCollector
    Originally posted by: vandweller
    Originally posted by: DanBessette
    Always puts a smile on my face when this thread updates.

Thanks! I pretty much update for you alone. :-)

Even though Dan comments the most, I'm sure I'm not alone in the group of others actively following your updates as well image

Correct. You are not alone. Enjoying the passion of these player set collectors.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    I always look at the updates image

Great stuff man!!

Here's a little Dewey auto to share

• I'll have to pick one of those up one of these days. Thanks for showing it off, zep. It's a really handsome piece.

• Maybe a little silly, but just picked this one up. I'm going to add all five versions to my collection. (Base, Tiffany, DS, Micro, OPC). Would love to track down any more Evans cameos, but this might be the only one.

• So I have a self-imposed moratorium on buying Dwight Evans cards for the rest of the year as I try to pursue some other life goals. But I did commit to buying any of the basic Topps cards I didn't have if they happened to pop up in 10s. That would be 1973, 1974 (no 10s yet), 1975, 1977. And just my luck if one didn't pop up right as I had sold off some other cards that didn't fit in my collection, giving plenty of extra funds. This is a really big acquisition, as an upgrade in my Basic Topps Master set, and being my birth year. Can't wait till it arrives.

• Nice card!

Not to hijack your thread, but I recently got my 74 Topps Evans PSA 9 that I've wanted for a long time. Long term plan is to crack it out, meet him at a signing, and get it back in an 8 or 9 holder. Time will tell.
  • PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,857 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not a big Dwight collector, but I did pick this up today at the White Plains show since the price was right. Nice back centering too!

• grote15grote15 Posts: 29,670 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is a sweet pickup, David!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • craig44craig44 Posts: 11,087 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice card of an underappreciated player. I have been a sox fan for 35 years now and saw Evans play for years. Can't imagine a better fielding right fielder

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• magellanmagellan Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭

Dewey is one of my all time favorite Sox. What a rightfield cannon ! Guess I never noticed this thread before, keep up the good work.

Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
    Did I leave anything out?