Home Precious Metals

Up or down?

derrybderryb Posts: 36,189 ✭✭✭✭✭
silver up or down by midnight 12/14? I say up.

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

Comments

• PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,399 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I say up. Of course, this is just wishful thinking on my part.image

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• CoulportCoulport Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭
    Probably up.
    Won't matter to me since I am waiting till after the first of the year to buy 2015 silver Eagles.
    The most money I made are on coins I haven't sold.

Got quoins?
  • BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,987 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • bluelobsterbluelobster Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭
    Volaitilty way up or way down...
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>silver up or down by midnight 12/14? I say up. >>

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Silver tends to go up end of year/start of year, to coincide with the new year release of the SAEs.
    Must be a conspiracy! (had to toss that in as so many on the forum seem to think everything is a conspiracy)

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,620 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like it was down about 1%.
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Usually goes down a bit on Monday.... I always assumed a bit of profit taking.... Cheers, RickO
    Once again, below $16image
  • jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once again, below $16image

OPA, I thought you've been calling for low numbers in silver for quite awhile. Does this mean we're getting closer to a bottom, if you are showing signs of frustration?

I'm telling ya, you gotta just ignore the price. Send for my free book, "the practice of silver zen".image
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay, silver prices have been dropping all morning, which means that everybody is waiting for it to hit rock bottom, so they can buy low. Which means that the people who own the silver contracts are saying, "Hey, we're losing all our damn money, and Christmas is around the corner, and I ain't gonna have no money to buy my son the G.I. Joe with the kung-fu grip! And my wife ain't gonna f... my wife ain't gonna make love to me if I got no money!" So they're panicking right now, they're screaming "SELL! SELL!" to get out before the price keeps dropping. They're panicking out there right now, I can feel it.

<< <i>Once again, below $16image

OPA, I thought you've been calling for low numbers in silver for quite awhile. Does this mean we're getting closer to a bottom, if you are showing signs of frustration?

I'm telling ya, you gotta just ignore the price. Send for my free book, "the practice of silver zen".image >>

10 4...It was a moment of frustration after it's recent rally. I was hoping that we hit the bottom the last time it dropped below $16.
  • OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,936 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Silver tends to go up end of year/start of year, to coincide with the new year release of the SAEs.
    Must be a conspiracy! (had to toss that in as so many on the forum seem to think everything is a conspiracy) >>

That's what they *want* you to believe! image

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

• lcoopielcoopie Posts: 8,755 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    LCoopie = Les
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neutral is also an option

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,492 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Neutral is also an option >>

i like neutral
    It was a moment of frustration after it's recent rally.

Silver had a rally? In my silver meditative state, I must've missed it entirely. A rally? Really? Silver?image

I knew it would happen.

<< <i>It was a moment of frustration after it's recent rally.

Silver had a rally? In my silver meditative state, I must've missed it entirely. A rally? Really? Silver?image >>

Well, maybe a mini or micro rally while you were napping...if you blinked you would have missed it ... December from $15.80 to about $17.10
    It wasn't even a very long nap!

I knew it would happen.
  • seebelowseebelow Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭
    Sideways. Although typical action coming....runs up, I buy, price immediately drops
    Interested in higher grade vintage cards. Aren't we all. image