Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

ALL SUBS POPPED - ok status Anyone interested in piggybacking on a $10 blue flip PSA/DNA encapsulati

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    GrimsterGrimster Posts: 286 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    The Arnold Schwarzeneggers are awesome . How did you get them .
  • Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,055 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is weird....I replied to this thread yesterday, and it never showed up. It even said "frankhardy" was the last poster, but I couldn't see my post. Weird. Anyway, this is basically what I posted.

= = =

Thanks to Derrick again for the great job. Flawless. I just got mine back yesterday.

What I am about ready to say is probably blasphemy to some, but......

Those of you that have read my Topps Cardinals autograph thread will know that I have this collection in 2 albums. Anytime I get a slabbed card for my collection, I bust it out and put it in my album with the flip tucked in behind the card. These cards will be treated the same. You might wonder why I sent them in.....because these are cards that I wanted to authenticate. I will tuck the flip in behind the card. That way I know and don't have to wonder. I know that probably doesn't help resale much, but I'm not selling anyway.

The only exception to the above is my 2001 Topps Traded Albert Pujols. It is in a JSA/Beckett holder. The only reason I have not busted it out is because it is displayed and not in my album.

Here they are.

Shane

• Options
    byronscott4everbyronscott4ever Posts: 932 ✭✭✭
    I'm a frequent reader and infrequent poster. On the blue flips, why does PSA grade autographed inserts just like a normal unsigned card that got signed? Is that just how they do it? I seem to remember reading something that it could happen on cards where authenticity is questioned but these don't appear to fall in that category.
  • Options
    byronscott4everbyronscott4ever Posts: 932 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The Arnold Schwarzeneggers are awesome . How did you get them . >>

I wondered the same thing, namely because those are awesome quality. Years ago, Jesse Ventura had an event with Arnold appearing and I staked out a side door and got Arnold on a card and it was basically Arnold S. I should have been trying him when he filmed Jingle All the Way here because he was all over the place as was everyone else including Phil Hartman.
  • Options
    PMKAYPMKAY Posts: 1,372 ✭✭
    I was looking at some upcoming autograph signings and the prices that some athletes are charging. I don't remember the fee or which player it was but there was only one inscription that he would sign and that would cost an additional $35: "HOF". That got me wondering how many inscriptions are added after the fact by someone else to avoid these types of fees.
  • Options
    GrimsterGrimster Posts: 286 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>The Arnold Schwarzeneggers are awesome . How did you get them . >>

I wondered the same thing, namely because those are awesome quality. Years ago, Jesse Ventura had an event with Arnold appearing and I staked out a side door and got Arnold on a card and it was basically Arnold S. I should have been trying him when he filmed Jingle All the Way here because he was all over the place as was everyone else including Phil Hartman. >>

Actually bought them off another forum. Guy I got them from is a big Schwarzenegger fan and he said he got these through other forum trades and ebay. So I don't know if these were TTM or private signing or what. But ya, they are fantastic full autos. Once I had them in hand I knew I just HAD to get them slabbed (also to help give me peace of mind that they were authentic). They all turned out great so Im super happy about that.

• Options
    slum22slum22 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭✭
    Grimster--Shout out on the Will Clark autos. My favorite player growing up. Love those cards and they look great with the sig.

Frankhardy--Love the Musial and Gibson autos. I really like the design of those 60 Topps cards and the signatures look great on there. I don't think it is a bad idea to sub the auto and crack out. I sort of did the same thing. I wanted to make sure the Magic auto on my Magic Bird Erving card was legit before getting the other two signatures, so I will end up cracking that card too. Although I will end up leaving the card holdered once all three are on there.
    Steve
  • Options
    Thanks again Derrick and hopefully the $5 blue flip happens, if you get the $5 rate I'm in for 200+ .
  • Options
    raiderguy10raiderguy10 Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭
    Everyone should have a PM from me. If not please let me know - the stupid verification to make sure I wasn't a computer kept getting harder as I went down the list so it's possible some didn't go through. If not please either PM me or send an email to raiderguy10@gmail.com
    Collect HOF Autos and Anything Raiders.

"In Al We Trust!"

Looking for Autos of HOFers Charles Bidwill, Tim Mara, Joe Carr, Fritz Pollard, Guy Chamberlin & Bill Hewitt
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Shaq TTM? >>

churchiscool,
    Was your shaq ttm? If possible could you post a pic or send me a picture of it if you don't mind? I want to compare it to my TTM shaq.

Thanks -Nic
  • Options
    it was an ip. i think the consensus is the ttm ones are signed by his dad or a relative.

• Options
    DoctorKDoctorK Posts: 867 ✭✭✭
    Any word on the possibility of a $5 sub?
  • Options
    spanky74spanky74 Posts: 240 ✭✭✭
    I'd take a $10 deal again
  • Options
    checking on the cards i sent
    jesse6131414
  • Options
    alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭
    Wrong thread

Originally posted by: jesseboxingcardguy

checking on the cards i sent

Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page