Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

ALL SUBS POPPED - ok status Anyone interested in piggybacking on a $10 blue flip PSA/DNA encapsulati

Comments

• Options
    slum22slum22 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭✭
    Happy my two cards ended up authentic. Makes it worth the wait. I sent my cards in for a private signing and the promoter was so unorganized I was worried if the autos would come back good. Derrick, thanks for doing this for all of us. Let me add my wishes too for your son to make a quick return to the diamond.
    Steve
  • Options
    maddux69maddux69 Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for all you do Derrick! I am very pleased with mine, if I had to choose 2 out of the 3 to pass, this would be them!

222 83779534 Reprint Card Stan Musial Authentic
    223 83779535 Ticket Mickey Mantle Authentic
    224 1991 K.C. Royals Police George Brett George Brett Questionable Authenticity
  • Options

<< <i>it's a good sign if psa is starting to reject the ttm selannes. >>

Yes, hopefully they're starting to get on top of this.

Congrats to everyone on what look like some overwhelmingly strong results.

Derrick, this has to be one of the highest success % blue flip group subs of yours, right?
  • Options
    raiderguy10raiderguy10 Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭
    Actually - I think mathematically - this was the worst.....wasn't it? We have pretty dang good success rates on these for how many there are.

Was really disappointed in my Al Davis that failed. It was from a book that was part of his aide's (al locasale) collection. I understand why it failed because it's not a typical looking Davis signature - but I know it's 1000000% real. But I don't need a slab to know it either and it's not going anywhere anyway image
    Collect HOF Autos and Anything Raiders.

"In Al We Trust!"

Looking for Autos of HOFers Charles Bidwill, Tim Mara, Joe Carr, Fritz Pollard, Guy Chamberlin & Bill Hewitt
  • Options
    >>

Mydaughtersnameismattingly
    225 1984 Donruss 248 Don Mattingly Don Mattingly Inconclusive/Unable to Render Opinion
    226 1984 Fleer 131 Don Mattingly Don Mattingly Inconclusive/Unable to Render Opinion
    227 1984 Topps 8 Don Mattingly Don Mattingly Inconclusive/Unable to Render Opinion
    228 83779540 1987 Topps 500 Don Mattingly Don Mattingly Authentic
    229 83779541 1988 Donruss Baseball's Best 1 Don Mattingly Don Mattingly Authentic
    230 83779542 1988 Topps 386 Don Mattingly Don Mattingly Authentic
    231 83779543 1988 Topps 300 Don Mattingly Don Mattingly Authentic
    232 83779544 1991 Leaf 425 Don Mattingly Don Mattingly Authentic
    233 83779547 1991 Topps 100 Don Mattingly 10 Hits in 1990 Don Mattingly Authentic
    234 83779548 1994 Donruss 340 Don Mattingly Don Mattingly Authentic >>

Had a feeling they might not slab the three rookies and I understand why, but I had to give it a shot! I'm going to have them framed and matted instead. Thanks a bunch for doing this!

• Options
    Was disappointed when I saw that MDNIM. I knew which ones they were right away image

"In Al We Trust!"

Looking for Autos of HOFers Charles Bidwill, Tim Mara, Joe Carr, Fritz Pollard, Guy Chamberlin & Bill Hewitt
  • Options
    Yeah I was 50/50 on whether or not they would do it. I totally get why they didn't. They really would have looked cool in slabs though! BTW, is there a refund for inconclusive/unable to render?

• Options

<< <i>Dallilama11
    1 83779117 2013 Topps 337 William Moore William Moore Authentic
    2 83779123 2005 Topps 89 Brian Finneran Brian Finneran Authentic >>

I'll take 2/2 for my first ever flip. Thanks a bunch!
  • Options

<< <i>Today or tomorrow . >>

Totally called it
  • Options
    Yep I'll refund the difference net of shipping charges back to you.

"In Al We Trust!"

• Options
    Ok great, thanks!

<< <i>

<< <i>Today or tomorrow . >>

Totally called it >>

LMAO!

• Options
    For a TTM Peyton Manning to pass is awesome . When the previous sub 's Manning didn't pass I got worried, if I'm glad it was the Teemu Selanne that failed and not the Manning or Musial . The Manning that he signed c/o Denver Broncos TTM are real , no wonder he's stopped signing the last 2 years . Great stuff . Jim Walker 1969 Topps made the flip all worth it . Jimmy Walker and Peyton Manning were the 2 I was most concerned about it . 1998 Score Rookie Manning TTM and a Stan Musial I picked up for $5 in a garbage bin all passed. Thank you Derrick . Jonathan Ogden and Walter Jones were cheap pickups on Ebay. I will take 97.4% rate of success .
  • Options
    Wow Shane, that's some awesome vintage poppage!
  • Options
    PMKAYPMKAY Posts: 1,372 ✭✭
    Anyone else ready for the next one?
  • Options
    mschwademschwade Posts: 66 ✭✭
    Yes, ready for next one. Thanks Derrick!!
    Ohio State football coaches and All-Americans collector.
  • Options
    GrimsterGrimster Posts: 286 ✭✭✭
    Sweeeeeeeeeeet. All of mine came back authentic. Super happy about the Schwarzenegger's. Just in time for the new movie coming out image
  • Options
    totallyraddtotallyradd Posts: 928 ✭✭✭
    TotallyRadd
    237 83779551 1981 Topps 761 Rollie Fingers Traded Rollie Fingers Authentic
    238 83779553 1983 Fritsch Madison Musketeers 13 Jose Canseco Jose Canseco Authentic
    239 83779554 1985 Huntsville Stars Team Issue 44 Jose Canseco Jose Canseco Authentic
    240 83779567 1986 Mother's Cookies A's Team Set 9 Jose Canseco Jose Canseco Authentic
    241 83779568 1986 Fleer Update U-20 Jose Canseco Jose Canseco Authentic
    242 83779569 1983 Topps 145 Don Sutton Don Sutton Authentic
    243 83779570 1971 Topps 2 Dock Ellis Dock Ellis Authentic
    244 83779571 1979 Topps 691 Dock Ellis Dock Ellis Authentic
    245 83779572 1963 Topps 126 Bob Uecker Bob Uecker Authentic
    246 83779574 1972 Topps 585 George Scott George Scott Authentic
    247 83779576 2007 Bowman Chrome Draft Picks & Prospects BDPP49 Jonathan Lucroy Jonathan Lucroy Authentic
    247 83779577 2007 Bowman Chrome Draft Picks & Prospects BDPP49 Jonathan Lucroy Jonathan Lucroy Authentic
    248 83779578 1990 Score 619 Leroy Butler LeRoy Butler Authentic
    249 83779579 1990 Action Packed Rookie Update 10 Leroy Butler LeRoy Butler Authentic

Pretty stoked to see what these bad boys look like in slabs! I got 6 of em in person (2 Canseco's, the Lucroys, and the Butlers), Uecker and Fingers came TTM, the rest were eBay bids.

Thanks again for setting this all up Derrick!
  • Options
    depcsdepcs Posts: 74 ✭✭
    Depcs
    215 83779527 1957 Topps 24 Bill Mazeroski Bill Mazeroski Authentic
    216 83779528 1962 Topps 50 Stan Musial Stan Musial Authentic
    217 83779529 1967 Topps 309 Hurlers Beware Richie Allen Authentic
    218 1974 Topps 382 Bob Moose Bob Moose Questionable Authenticity
    219 83779531 1965 Topps 170 Hank Aaron Hank Aaron Authentic
    220 83779532 1953 Topps 191 Ralph Kiner Ralph Kiner Authentic
    221 83779533 1965 Topps 500 Eddie Mathews Eddie Mathews Authentic

Great to get these in slabs. Thanks Derrick! The Allen card also was signed by Callison. Why wouldn't that be mentioned? Second try on the Moose. Got it from a reliable source on SCN. Oh well.
  • Options

<< <i>Depcs

Great to get these in slabs. Thanks Derrick! The Allen card also was signed by Callison. Why wouldn't that be mentioned? Second try on the Moose. Got it from a reliable source on SCN. Oh well. >>

It may be mentioned on the slab itself if it were only two individuals.

"In Al We Trust!"

• Options
    Thanks again Derrick - these are going to look great in my collection!

BTW - I already have two for the next one image
    Collecting Topps Baseball: 1966-present base sets
    Topps/OPC Hockey 1966-Present base sets
  • Options
    alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Depcs

Great to get these in slabs. Thanks Derrick! The Allen card also was signed by Callison. Why wouldn't that be mentioned? Second try on the Moose. Got it from a reliable source on SCN. Oh well. >>

It may be mentioned on the slab itself if it were only two individuals. >>

Thats what happen with a previous sub of mine, the poppage listed 1, but both were noted on the label.
    Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page
  • Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,055 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Wow Shane, that's some awesome vintage poppage! >>

Thanks. I was hoping so much for the McGwire to be authentic. I still do not have a regular Topps card in a Cardinals uniform signed by McGwire. I just can't find one.

Shane

• Options
    Thank you for putting this together Derrick . I wish I could have done 2,000 items. This was great results for me 38 out of 39 . Peyton Manning and Jim Walker passing. The last one in 2014 was 24 out of 26 . Got the entire 1951 NBA Championship Rochester Royals slabbed, the price was fantastic, been wanting to get them slabbed since 2005 and now I have. Thank you Derrick for doing this .
  • Options
    jmlabonnerjmlabonner Posts: 325 ✭✭✭
    Woohoo! Thank you!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Cardnbeads - was the Selanne acquired TTM? >>

it's a good sign if psa is starting to reject the ttm selannes.

203 83779492 1980 Topps Scoring Leader Bird,Erving,Johnson Magic Johnson Authentic

is this the triple sig or just the magic? >>

Churchiscool--I wish it was a triple sig. No it is just the Magic. As I said in my first post, I got the Magic in a private signing. The person I went through to get the card signed was not the actual person holding the private signing (it was held in LA). The promoter I used was through Houston, TX. I did not know he was not the one who was actually doing the signing (I found this TX promoter through a thread on this forum). I messaged him and he replied quickly and I sent him my two cards, the Baylor RC and Magic Bird card. After the signing I tried to get in touch with him and he would not reply to calls or emails for weeks. Finally, he called me back weeks later and asked where I wanted my cards shipped to. The Baylor RC ended up with inscriptions on them that I did not request, HOF and ROY. Based on the poor communication and the screw up with the inscriptions I was a little leery of the whole situation. I submitted the Baylor because I wanted to get it slabbed for my collection. I only subbed the Magic Bird card because my goal is to get Bird and Erving to eventually sign the Magic Bird Erving card, but I didn't want to put any more sigs on the card until I could be sure the Magic auto was legit. Sorry for the long answer to a short question.

Anyway, I am fired up to get these cards in hand. Thanks again Derrick for running this.
    Steve
  • Options
    Nascar360Nascar360 Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭
    Thanks Derrick for putting this together!

I got these all in person but it's nice to have them in slabs. I was worried about the Jeff Gordon & Jimmie Johnson rookie card autos since they were rushed.

Boom Confetti

266 83779598 1983 Uno Racing 23 Richard Petty Richard Petty Authentic
    267 83779599 1987 World of Outlaws 52 Jeff Gordon Jeff Gordon Authentic
    268 83779600 2000 Maxx Racing 60 Jimmie Johnson Jimmie Johnson Authentic
    269 83779601 1983 Uno Racing 28 Darrell Waltrip Darrell Waltrip Authentic
  • Options
    churchiscoolchurchiscool Posts: 532 ✭✭
    steve/slum,

i'm having the magic part sig next week and will need bird/erving also. i can let you know when the others come up for signing. they usually double up magic's price at around $100 each.
  • Options

<< <i>steve/slum,

i'm having the magic part sig next week and will need bird/erving also. i can let you know when the others come up for signing. they usually double up magic's price at around $100 each. >>

Thanks, I would appreciate that! It sucks, Bird did a private signing earlier this year but it was before this sub and I debated sending the card to have it signed then, but didn't want to chance it because I wanted to make sure this auto was good. Magic seems to sign a ton, Bird seems to do it semi-regularly. Erving seems like he will be the tough one. I'd appreciate any help I could get with the project though.
    Steve
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>steve/slum,

i'm having the magic part sig next week and will need bird/erving also. i can let you know when the others come up for signing. they usually double up magic's price at around $100 each. >>

Thanks, I would appreciate that! It sucks, Bird did a private signing earlier this year but it was before this sub and I debated sending the card to have it signed then, but didn't want to chance it because I wanted to make sure this auto was good. Magic seems to sign a ton, Bird seems to do it semi-regularly. Erving seems like he will be the tough one. I'd appreciate any help I could get with the project though. >>

Dang that stinks because Erving had a signing here in Chicago at the Fantantics Authentic show back in March. Obviously after when these were sent it, but it would've been a good chance to get him.
  • Options
    Dang that stinks because Erving had a signing here in Chicago at the Fantantics Authentic show back in March. Obviously after when these were sent it, but it would've been a good chance to get him. >>

Thanks for your post. It is ok. I am just happy the Magic auto is good. Luckily, Bird and Erving are relatively young and seem to sign at least once or twice a year, so I am hopeful I can complete my card in the next year or so (knock on wood). Congrats on your sub. Like you, this was my first auto sub and I went 2/2 so I am super stoked. Can't wait to get the cards back.
    Steve
  • Options
    I can't remember which member it was - but I just got these back TTM yesterday. I think someone in this sub had a HOF Plaque that was TTM that didn't pass. Does that mean these aren't good?? I was gonna send them in with the next sub but if not I won't waste my time.

"In Al We Trust!"

• Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,055 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I can't remember which member it was - but I just got these back TTM yesterday. I think someone in this sub had a HOF Plaque that was TTM that didn't pass. Does that mean these aren't good?? I was gonna send them in with the next sub but if not I won't waste my time.

image >>

Those look good to me.

Shane

• Options

<< <i>I can't remember which member it was - but I just got these back TTM yesterday. I think someone in this sub had a HOF Plaque that was TTM that didn't pass. Does that mean these aren't good?? I was gonna send them in with the next sub but if not I won't waste my time.

image >>

Where did you send the Brett to get a TTM? I've been trying and keep getting the "too busy, unable to sign" and a pre-print via the KC Royals address.

John
  • Options
    Home addy

"In Al We Trust!"

• Options

<< <i>Home addy >>

PM Sent.
  • Options
    Awesome submissions guys!
  • Options
    nic9212, absolutely awesome submission. I'm so pleased with my results. 38 out of 39 is fantastic, the best success rate that I had in a submission where I sent more than 20.
  • Options
    Special thanks to Derrick for putting this together. Looked the previous flips , he organized so many more items with this flip than he did the first few flips, it had to be over 800 items in this flip. Thank you Derrick.
  • Options

<< <i>Anyone else ready for the next one? >>

I've actually been thinking a lot about this - and I think I'm going to change course a little bit. Usually I do two of these a year but.....

I'm really thinking of skipping the second $10 sub this year and trying to get a 5,000 item $5 sub for early next year. If we start accumulating items now I think it's very attainable.....and this is the direction I'm leaning at the moment. I would think at $5 a pop there would be a ton of interest....especially with the success rate we're at right now.

"In Al We Trust!"

• Options
    If $5 is doable I would be thrilled and would have a lot to sub. I hope we can make this happen.
  • Options
    I plan on asking veronica next week. I know that's the current threshold but whether they'd let me reserve that far ahead is another story...

I'll make a post when I find out

"In Al We Trust!"

• Options

<< <i>

I've actually been thinking a lot about this - and I think I'm going to change course a little bit. Usually I do two of these a year but.....

I'm really thinking of skipping the second $10 sub this year and trying to get a 5,000 item $5 sub for early next year. If we start accumulating items now I think it's very attainable.....and this is the direction I'm leaning at the moment. I would think at $5 a pop there would be a ton of interest....especially with the success rate we're at right now. >>

Interesting idea. I'll definitely sub with you whichever way you go. From my perspective, it helps a lot to know early. If you're going to do a $5 sub in a year's time, announcing it quickly would stop me from subbing blue flips via other venues to let them build up.

It's kind of worrying to think how many I would have to sub, but the short answer is a lot.

Thanks again for running a great sub, Derrick.
  • Options
    I'm definitely on board with the $5 sub! I only submitted 5 items this go around since it was my first time but way more will go this next one!
  • Options
    go big or go home! 5000 items in 2016, poppage in early 2017.
  • Options

<< <i>

I'm really thinking of skipping the second $10 sub this year and trying to get a 5,000 item $5 sub for early next year. If we start accumulating items now I think it's very attainable.....and this is the direction I'm leaning at the moment. I would think at $5 a pop there would be a ton of interest....especially with the success rate we're at right now. >>

If you can get the price down to $5 I'm in for a minimum of 200, likely closer to 300.
  • Options
    alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭
    At $5 per, I will probably sub every autograph I have. Assuming I have the cash.
    Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page
  • Options
    I just did a quick check of what I have to sub for football and non sports autographs and it's just under 300 so I am for sure in for a minimum of 300.
  • Options
    I would do at least 200 cards if we could get $5 per blue flip if we could get $5 per blue flip encapsulation .
  • Options
    Is $5 a item even possible with 5,000 items?
  • Options
    I believe that's the threshold now

Not sure if they'd reserve that nine months ahead though

"In Al We Trust!"