Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

The fake 1796 Liberty Cap Half Cent that sold for $3,850

Comments

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,481 ✭✭✭✭✭
    AND you have the eBay buyers' protection plan to protect you !!!! imageimage

I guess eBay is backing counterfeits now. image
    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ebay continues to be a resource for con artists.... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,147 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "This coin is in VG - VF condition. Since I am not an official coin grader, I have included pictures of the coin (front & back) for your further inspection"
    Well you certainly can't accuse him of over grading, anyway.....LOL
    Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • Options
    EXOJUNKIEEXOJUNKIE Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>He decided to sell it a reasonable price instead. >>

Looks like it sold for $2,000.00.
    I'm addicted to exonumia ... it is numismatic crack!

ANA LM

USAF Retired — 34 years of active military service! 🇺🇸
  • Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,481 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>He decided to sell it a reasonable price instead. >>

Looks like it sold for $2,000.00. >>

That was $2,000 too much, but if you are dumb enough to think that people are selling $100,000 + coins for $2,000 in a public sale, perhaps you are getting what you deserve. image
    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    sold the same coin back on Nov 16th for $3,850. Buyer has not left feedback.

bobimage
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file