Home Precious Metals

A bullion dealer data chart I found on the aboutAg site

bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

A list ofa bunch of the major dealers with some background info in chart form.

table here

Better business ratings , whether they are leveraged , whether the salesmen get commisions, delivery times , whether there are any lawsuits against the company

If you click the company name on the table a company specific page with more details comes up.

For instance names of the principals and who owns the company and connections to other companies

Comments

• morbidstevemorbidsteve Posts: 572 ✭✭✭
    Great info. Thanks!
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    thanks. this will be helpful.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • bestmrbestmr Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for that great info. Interesting that almost half have a lawsuit against them.
    Positive dealing with oilstates2003, rkfish, Scrapman1077, Weather11am, Guitarwes, Twosides2acoin, Hendrixkat, Sevensteps, CarlWohlforth, DLBack, zug, wildjag, tetradrachm, tydye, NotSure, AgBlox, Seemyauction, Stopmotion, Zubie, Fivecents, Musky1011, Bstat1020, Gsa1fan several times, and Mkman123 LOTS of times
  • BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,056 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Several weeks go someone mentioned a connection between JMBullion and silver.com. It looks like they were right. The websites are similar also.
    theknowitalltroll;
  • PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,916 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>A list ofa bunch of the major dealers with some background info in chart form.

table here

Better business ratings , whether they are leveraged , whether the salesmen get commisions, delivery times , whether there are any lawsuits against the company

If you click the company name on the table a company specific page with more details comes up.

For instance names of the principals and who owns the company and connections to other companies >>

Thanks. Great reference. I don't see Scottsdale, Silvertowne or OPM on the list. I wonder why since they are fairly large bullion companies. Are there any others that are missing that should be on this list? Hopefully, it's a work in progress and they'll add more dealers.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.
    "Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value---zero."----Voltaire
    "Everything you say should be true, but not everything true should be said."----Voltaire

<< <i>

<< <i>A list ofa bunch of the major dealers with some background info in chart form.

table here

For instance names of the principals and who owns the company and connections to other companies >>

Thanks. Great reference. I don't see Scottsdale, Silvertowne or OPM on the list. I wonder why since they are fairly large bullion companies. Are there any others that are missing that should be on this list? Hopefully, it's a work in progress and they'll add more dealers. >>

No bulliondirect or Goldmart or SDBullion either
    theknowitalltroll;

<< <i>

<< <i>

table here

Thanks. Great reference. I don't see Scottsdale, Silvertowne or OPM on the list. I wonder why since they are fairly large bullion companies. Are there any others that are missing that should be on this list? Hopefully, it's a work in progress and they'll add more dealers. >>

No bulliondirect or Goldmart or SDBullion either >>

Monarch Precious Metals, Modern Coin Mart, and Prospector's Gold and Gems should also be on that list since they produce their own bars and rounds and deal in bullion products. I'm sure there others that have been missed.

"Everything you say should be true, but not everything true should be said."----Voltaire

• piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    To keep the site unbiased, I get no money from dealers.
    If the data is useful, I hope you will consider paying for it. Thank you!

I wonder how many here will do what the provider of the information asks since everyone is saying it's helpful. image

Liberty Coin is not on it rither and they do a ton of bullion.
    I wonder if it was being done voluntary, almost as a promotional thing
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

table here

No bulliondirect or Goldmart or SDBullion either >>

I guess when you make a donation you can mention the ones missing.

Monarch Precious Metals, Modern Coin Mart, and Prospector's Gold and Gems should also be on that list since they produce their own bars and rounds and deal in bullion products. I'm sure there others that have been missed. >>

theknowitalltroll;
  • bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

We could probably do a table of our own. Keeping it current is the issue.
  • JohnnyCacheJohnnyCache Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Click on Provident Precious Metals and you'll see some of the companies that were thought to be missing are actually part of a larger conglomerate.

<< <i>Owned by Elemetal, LLC, which also owns NTR Metals and OPM Metals. >>

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very useful site....thanks... Cheers, RickO
    Does anyone see any bullion companies that should be avoided based on the data in this chart?

• rawteam1rawteam1 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Does anyone see any bullion companies that should be avoided based on the data in this chart? >>

There is no real actionable data there, but I will reiterate for one to do any biz at all with Texas or Florida might end up being a bad idea....
    keceph `anah
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 28,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    thanks for the information
  • bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Does anyone see any bullion companies that should be avoided based on the data in this chart? >>

There is no real actionable data there, but I will reiterate for one to do any biz at all with Texas or Florida might end up being a bad idea.... >>

Well in Florida its the individuals of course that are suspect but what wrong with Texas ? Something about the laws that govern these types of business in the state?
  • rawteam1rawteam1 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭
    Both debtor havens...
    keceph `anah
  • jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,634 ✭✭✭✭✭
    < Does anyone see any bullion companies that should be avoided based on the data in this chart? >>

It was not a very good feeling to have NW Territorial Mint holding >$20,000 for several months and not being able to tell me when they would ship. And Ross Hansen did not do what he offered to do after the fact to make it right. Never again.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    It was not a very good feeling to have NW Territorial Mint holding >$20,000 for several months and not being able to tell me when they would ship. And Ross Hansen did not do what he offered to do after the fact to make it right. Never again.

Haven't bought from them in 3+ years after a similar incident.

So I'm still wondering, has anyone donated to aboutag for providing this information as is requested by the site owner?
    I've my time and information leading to the near halt of the selling of counterfeit bars. It's a good feeling to have contributed to a worthy cause that has abundantly enhanced the hobby with its information.
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.