Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Heritage auctions Michael Jordan BGS 10 fleer rookie

13»

Comments

• Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Ya im sure the Jordan PSA 8 will pass the 2K mark soon. It will never stabilize it will just keep going up and up. If its going to hit 2K so soon it will prob hit 10K in a few years..you really know your cards man >>

Hurry up and sell your outstanding $15 to $50 cards otherwise the Psa 8 will be out of reach! >>

There is no need to dog on this collectors buying power.

• Options
    AlbertdiditAlbertdidit Posts: 560 ✭✭✭
    And over $120,000 less than you predicted. Wow you were real close in predicting that one
  • Options

<< <i>And over $120,000 less than you predicted. Wow you were real close in predicting that one >>

Albertdidit like I said the auction hasn't ended yet so whatever it ends up at it will be interesting. As you said "it's obviously going to surpass the 200K mark any day now"
  • Options
    Your the one that said it will sell for over 200,000
  • Options

<< <i>You should pick up the Jordan for 80K since its obviously going to surpass the 200K mark any day now. You could make a killing. Jordan is after all the greatest of all time by far with nobody coming anywhere close. Prob 10x better than anyone in history >>

It's going to surpass the 200k mark any day now albertdidit?
  • Options
    yes I was trying to explain to you that you should snag this card for the 80K since your the one that said it will sell for over 200K
    What do you think buy it for 80K and in about 6 months you can flip it for 200 225 ? The card is rising like crazy by the day
  • Options
    Ndoggy, I just think there's more to this story than you're telling. You seem pretty intent on hyping up the card; beyond what I'd expect from someone who was simply an observer watching an item that they found to be a significant sports collectible. This is based on your initial (over)pricing, "dogged" responses to critics, and frequent bumping to keep the thread live. If this is an item that you personally benefit from, is an item of a friend of yours, or is a card that will dictate the value of some other collectible that you own, you should say it openly.
  • Options
    I'm going to take a shot in the dark and say that I doubt NDoggy is the owner of that BGS 10 lol.... If he was he wouldn't need to hype an all time iconic card in basically perfect condition on some sports card forum lol. The big fi$h will bid amazing money for that card without any help from "hype" on a message board. I'm sure NDoggy just loves & appreciates the classic 86 Fleer like most should and wants to always see it sell high/retain high value in any grade. But with this being the finest example possible, he (like myself) are intrigued to see where it ends at.
  • Options

<< <i>Ndoggy, I just think there's more to this story than you're telling. You seem pretty intent on hyping up the card; beyond what I'd expect from someone who was simply an observer watching an item that they found to be a significant sports collectible. This is based on your initial (over)pricing, "dogged" responses to critics, and frequent bumping to keep the thread live. If this is an item that you personally benefit from, is an item of a friend of yours, or is a card that will dictate the value of some other collectible that you own, you should say it openly. >>

None of the above apply charrigan. Check out the 79-80 opeechee hockey vending box in heritage that will sell for mucho $ too!image
  • Options

<< <i>I'm going to take a shot in the dark and say that I doubt NDoggy is the owner of that BGS 10 lol.... If he was he wouldn't need to hype an all time iconic card is basically perfect condition on some sports card forum lol. The big fi$h will bid amazing money for that card without any help from "hype" on a message board. I'm sure NDoggy just loves & appreciates the classic 86 Fleer like most should and wants to always see it sell high/retain high value in any grade. But with this being the finest example possible, he (like myself) are intrigued to see where it ends at. >>

Thank you BenG I agree with everything you said and your BGS 9 fleer Jordan rookie is fantastic!image
  • Options
    Didn't say he was the owner.
  • Options
    Looks like it ended at $71k including buyers premium...so consensus of board was right about this ending less than $75k. Personally, without the reserve I'm not sure it even gets to $71k.

As I stated in my first post, the sheet cut allowance (on other cards) has really hurt the BGS brand in my opinion.
  • Options
    I just don't see the value on this purchase over a $10k PSA 10 unless you plan on staring at the card through a jewelers loop. Seems like someone just bought a $61K gold sticker IMO. To each his own. Still a wonderful card.
  • Options

<< <i>I just don't see the value on this purchase over a $10k PSA 10 unless you plan on staring at the card through a jewelers loop. Seems like someone just bought a $61K gold sticker IMO. To each his own. Still a wonderful card. >>

I don't know if it's about viewing it through a loop as much as it is some people just flat out being obsessed with obtaining what they feel is the very best in existence, and having the money to blow to achieve that 'fix'. I know guys that are this way and it's sort of a sickness in my opinion.

That BGS 10 Jordan is a beauty, but I could find many beauties for what it cost.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I just don't see the value on this purchase over a $10k PSA 10 unless you plan on staring at the card through a jewelers loop. Seems like someone just bought a $61K gold sticker IMO. To each his own. Still a wonderful card. >>

I don't know if it's about viewing it through a loop as much as it is some people just flat out being obsessed with obtaining what they feel is the very best in existence, and having the money to blow to achieve that 'fix'. I know guys that are this way and it's sort of a sickness in my opinion.

That BGS 10 Jordan is a beauty, but I could find many beauties for what it cost. >>

Exactly my thinking. Side by side, many deserving PSA 10's are just as strong as the BGS 10. Add a slight premium for an absolutely dead nuts centered PSA 10 and you still have about $55-60k to play with.
  • Options
    DM23HOFDM23HOF Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greg: SHHHH! We want that extra 60k spent anywhere but centered Mantles image

Instagram: mattyc_collection

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,053 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There seems to be a trend/migration to of late for Jordan rookies. Does anyone think this is so due to LeBrons' going to Cleveland, and possibly lessening his chances (?) for more titles, and thinking he may not be the next Jordan as he was touted to be in the past. At least title wise.
    Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options

<< <i>There seems to be a trend/migration to of late for Jordan rookies. Does anyone think this is so due to LeBrons' going to Cleveland, and possibly lessening his chances (?) for more titles, and thinking he may not be the next Jordan as he was touted to be in the past. At least title wise. >>

No. The Jordan speaks for its self. It's an iconic card. Just like the 1952 Topps Mantle is for that era, the 2001 Bowman Chrome Pujols RC auto is for the modern/Bowman Chrome era, etc..
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    it's neither trend or migration. it's a world-wide obsession.
  • Options
    Curious that the BGS 10 Jordan is immediately available for purchase via the Heritage site... There's one likely conclusion to be drawn.

• Options

<< <i>Curious that the BGS 10 Jordan is immediately available for purchase via the Heritage site... There's one likely conclusion to be drawn. >>

I think Heritage does that for all their cards - not sure but think so
  • Options
    esquiresportsesquiresports Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭
    The card had a $60,000 reserve and did not receive a bid at that amount, so now it is available as a Buy It Now on HA.
    Always buying 1971 OPC Baseball packs.
  • Options
    DavisDavis Posts: 705 ✭✭
    Well I think that bursts the BGS bubble.
  • Options
    The BGS 10 MJ definitely failed to meet what were, perhaps, overly high expectations. I bet it still would have sold for way more than a gorgeous BGS 9.5, PSA 10, or SGC 98, which on its own is wild.

• Options

<< <i>The BGS 10 MJ definitely failed to meet what were, perhaps, overly high expectations. I bet it still would have sold for way more than a gorgeous BGS 9.5, PSA 10, or SGC 98, which on its own is wild. >>

Thanks for clarifying - I saw the $71k figure in red and assumed that's what it sold for....but I guess it's simply the $60k reserve plus H's 19.5% fee
  • Options
    vols1vols1 Posts: 768 ✭✭✭
    What was the highest auction bid?
  • Options
    esquiresportsesquiresports Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭
    I unfortunately did not see where it sat before they bumped it up. I think I could back into the number using the starting bid and number of bids. I will see what I can do later today.
    Always buying 1971 OPC Baseball packs.