Home Precious Metals
Options

CLCT nearing 14-year high.

Comments

• Options
    metalmeistermetalmeister Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still holding and collecting my 10% dividend. It was too good to pass up a few years back.
    email: ccacollectibles@yahoo.com

100% Positive BST transactions
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Still holding and collecting my 10% dividend. It was too good to pass up a few years back. >>

Since my average share price was less than $3 ( purchased in early 2009) My dividend rate is around 35%

btw CLCT just broke $25+
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    dbcoindbcoin Posts: 2,200 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Still holding and collecting my 10% dividend. It was too good to pass up a few years back. >>

Since my average share price was less than $3 ( purchased in early 2009) My dividend rate is around 35%

btw CLCT just broke $25+ >>

I don't understand that thinking and many people have that same exact thinking. It doesn't matter what you bought it at that determines the dividend. What matters is the current yield.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

I don't understand that thinking and many people have that same exact thinking. It doesn't matter what you bought it at that determines the dividend. What matters is the current yield. >>

Understand....perhaps I should have rephrased it to: I'm getting a 35% return in dividends on my initial investment. Would that be politically correct? image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

I don't understand that thinking and many people have that same exact thinking. It doesn't matter what you bought it at that determines the dividend. What matters is the current yield. >>

Understand....perhaps I should have rephrased it to: I'm getting a 35% return in dividends on my initial investment. Would that be politically correct? image >>

That's fine. But what if you sold here and bought back at $18. What would your yield on the initial capital be then, 50%? Just a thought.
  • Options
    rawteam1rawteam1 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭
    Completely wrong, what price one purchased at, is the price which their specific yield is based on....

His huge dividend is also possibly a better tax deal depending on tax bracket, also getting paid more each year than u paid for the investment is quite a legendary feat, kudos to him...
    keceph `anah
  • Options
    Also no reason to sell til $32+ ...
    keceph `anah
  • Options

<< <i>Also no reason to sell til $32+ ... >>

Do you have a dog in this hunt? You have an awful lot to say for someone who seemingly has no idea what they are talking about.
    The current yield is like 5%. There are numerous stocks that pay that. Coin certs have fallen off the cliff in October. They are at just above 120K for the month. Last time it was this low the stock was $10. $32? Based on what metric?

I only have 4K shares left with asks in the $25+ range. Let's see if the shorts get end of day margin calls and they hit. If not, I can wait till tomorrow or next week. I am not in a hurry or need to sell.
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only have 4K shares left

need to get changin' that sig line

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options

<< <i>I only have 4K shares left

need to get changin' that sig line >>

So I did that, but why oh why did it change my icon? Now I can't change it back
  • Options
    MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I only have 4K shares left

need to get changin' that sig line >>

So I did that, but why oh why did it change my icon? Now I can't change it back >>

Nice trading and great business acumen.
  • Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>24.19, sell, sell, sell.

I sold 2K of my remaining 8K shares at around $24.30. They are in my taxable account unfortunately, but are held long term. October coin certs are just over 120K now with one day to go. Last time certs were this low the stock was in the $10-$12 range. Is it a one month lull or a trend? But shorts don't follow that closely and they are getting margin calls. Every short is under water big time.

To compare coin certs with last October, we are 50K behind. At $20/each, a $1M shortfall

added stats from last yr >>

dbcoin, interesting, I sold all @ $24.30 in my IRA. My cost wasn't anywhere near OPA's (clap, clap.) A bit late to this party but still profitable... Pushed the money into my "2014 Contest" stock. I'm sure I'll be sniffing around CLCT again smoeday.
  • Options
    The "shorts" are sh-ting in their shorts"image stock continues to move higher @ $25.10 as I type.
  • Options
    Just sold my remaining at $25.15 and $25.21

Love the company but things are not looking so good at this point:

- metals prices have collapsed. Modern submissions will suffer, SAE's in particular
    - October was a terrible month for coins, 127K. Levels not seen since Q4 of 2012 when stock was $10. They need 150K to be cash flow break even.
    - PSA monthly specials are back to discounted prices. They are lowering prices to maintain levels
    - dividend yield is nothing special now. I can get that or very close from many other companies.

Not sure if these trends are one offs are a signal of things to come. Get to the party late and leave early. I tend to leave way too early. The stock could hit $30 on short covering. But leaving early means I don't have to clean up the puke.

I'll be back once coin certs trend higher. Great management here. Well run company.
  • Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just too high for CLCT... sold half my position at $25.52 this morning. The shares I have left are all profit to me anyways so I'll hold those either way image
  • Options
    WingsruleWingsrule Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭✭
    Sold 85% at "terminus and exordium". Thanks, dbcoin for the data points!
  • Options

<< <i>Sold 85% at "terminus and exordium". Thanks, dbcoin for the data points! >>

My Latin is failing me .... how about in interpretation into English.
  • Options
    Zager and Evans did a song in the 70s (?) by that name - the chorus started with "in the year 2525..."
  • Options

<< <i>Zager and Evans did a song in the 70s (?) by that name - the chorus started with "in the year 2525..." >>

That was in the late 60's....If man is still alive...etc, but what I don't understand, what has it to do with your sale?
  • Options
    $25.25

• Options
    MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Zager and Evans did a song in the 70s (?) by that name - the chorus started with "in the year 2525..." >>

That was in the late 60's....If man is still alive...etc, but what I don't understand, what has it to do with your sale? >>

Don't know but Wingsrule works his tail off on the annual investment contest so be nice....at least until January! image
  • Options

<< <i>$25.25 >>

Ah so....now I get it. btw it closed at $24.60...the shorts may yet get their day in the sun.
  • Options
    CLCT's quarterly report for period ending 9/30/2012

period ending 9/30
  • Options

<< <i>CLCT's quarterly report for period ending 9/30/2012

period ending 9/30 >>

Good report. My estimate was fairly close. $1.8M cash burn came out of the blue. Bonuses? Must be nice to be the CEO. They did not mention anything about a slowdown. Also didn't mention what they world coins were as a percent of business. 21c EPS vs 20c last year is meager increase considering how much more revenue they did. Will monitor stats page to see if October was a one off.
  • Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Made 21c but paid out 32c in dividends?

Subtract intangibles and goodwill and other nonsense from assets and book value is about $3/share.
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options

<< <i>Made 21c but paid out 32c in dividends?

Subtract intangibles and goodwill and other nonsense from assets and book value is about $3/share. >>

So... Dreck, gem, choice or bodybagged...
    keceph `anah
  • Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you've 10 minutes to spare here are the minutes of today's conference call with Robert Deuster, CEO and Joe Wallace, CFO.

CLCT Link

• Options

Subtract intangibles and goodwill and other nonsense from assets and book value is about $3/share. >>

They've been doing that for 4 years. Excess cash on hand.
  • Options

<< <i>

They've been doing that for 4 years. Excess cash on hand. >>

Sigh. For about the 25th time, EPS and cash flow are two different things.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Sigh. For about the 25th time, EPS and cash flow are two different things. >>

How true ... Thanks for reminding the troops, once again. image
  • Options
    CLCT should issue a million shares which would more than double and book value while resulting in only a 12% dilution of shares. The stock is high because people want it. Sell them what they want.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Sigh. For about the 25th time, EPS and cash flow are two different things. >>

How true ... Thanks for reminding the troops, once again. image >>

Until something happens to cash flow--whuch always happens. The answer is what I wrote above.

• Options

<< <i>CLCT should issue a million shares which would more than double and book value while resulting in only a 12% dilution of shares. The stock is high because people want it. Sell them what they want. >>

Keep your day job. Who cares about book value? You are fixating on the wrong things

If anything, they should buy back some shares. Actually they are every quarter, $400K last quarter alone
  • Options
    Lmao!!!!

You would make a great investment banker but a lousy CEO.

Stock buybacks.....lmao!!!

• Options

<< <i>Lmao!!!!

You would make a great investment banker but a lousy CEO.

Stock buybacks.....lmao!!! >>

I'm laughing all the way to the bank...literally
  • Options
    The stock was a great buy at $2 (book value), but not at $24. You are now paying $20 for a rather specialized and moficrum business. Cash on hand is worth cash on hand. Goodwill and prospects for growth or investor psychology can quickly be worth nothing.

• Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Down $1.13 near the close. I guess smoe didn't like Friday's 10-Q(?)
  • Options
    Post from 10/31........ the shorts may yet get their day in the sun .. today was their day.
  • Options
    down to $21.55 today....getting close to the magic $20 mark.
  • Options

<< <i>down to $21.55 today....getting close to the magic $20 mark. >>

coin certs through the quarter so far are down considerably compared to last year, though November appears to have picked up from October. Card certs are slightly ahead of last year. To me, there is no magic share price to buy back in to. When I see coin certs trending higher, that is the key. Would you rather buy a company with rising revenue or falling revenue?
  • Options
    The Kennedy silver sets should help with the cert. numbers, but most important....as long as they can afford a 6% dividend rate, I have my doubts that it will drop much lower than $20. X' dividend date was 11/14
  • Options
    "should help" and "is helping" are two different things. Last time coin certs were this low the stock was $10.
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,863 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HOW the
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,863 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^ plastic held it together image
  • Options
    They should have issued a million shares at $25. The stock would still be at $21 now but at least they would have another $25 million in the kitty thus ensuring dividends, bonuses for management and working capital for further growth including research and development.

Nah, better to just spend money rather than raise.....good old American (banker) and (stupid) American way.

• Options

<< <i>They should have issued a million shares at $25. The stock would still be at $21 now but at least they would have another $25 million in the kitty thus ensuring dividends, bonuses for management and working capital for further growth including research and development.

Nah, better to just spend money rather than raise.....good old American (banker) and (stupid) American way. >>

Issued to who? Who would have bought at the all-time high? You sound like an Obama adviser. They have plenty of money, a surplus in fact. Why do they need to raise more?
  • Options
    You crack me up dbcoin. That's punny.image

• Options
    Who would have bought at the all-time high?

Didnt you write that CLCT should be buying back their own shares? You advocate that they themselves should be buying at all-time highs. I advocate raising and saving money. Who sounds like an Obama advisor?

• Options

<< <i> Who would have bought at the all-time high?

Didnt you write that CLCT should be buying back their own shares? You advocate that they themselves should be buying at all-time highs. I advocate raising and saving money. Who sounds like an Obama advisor? >>

I said they actually are buying back their own shares according to documents filed with the SEC. You guys can invest anyway you see fit. I make money investing my way. Good luck to you.
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,532 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>And a 5.60% yield.
    image >>

cool yield.