Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Finally got a PSA 10 of a card I wanted when I was 11

PSA wasn't even around back in 1982 when these came out. But as an 11 year old who read the cover of SCD from cover to cover every issue, I was fascinated with this card. I think it's a relatively high pop card now, but I saw this one tonight in a random browse and decided what the heck, I'd buy a part of my childhood wish list image

1982 Fleer John Littlefield "Lefty"

Buying US Presidential autographs

Comments

• Options
    MULLINS5MULLINS5 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭

<< <i>PSA wasn't even around back in 1982 when these came out. But as an 11 year old who read the cover of SCD from cover to cover every issue, I was fascinated with this card. I think it's a relatively high pop card now, but I saw this one tonight in a random browse and decided what the heck, I'd buy a part of my childhood wish list image

1982 Fleer John Littlefield "Lefty"

image >>

Very nice! I'm doing the same on a lot of random cards I wanted as a kid.

Congrats on the pickup!
  • Options
    begsu1013begsu1013 Posts: 1,943 ✭✭
    remember that one! the original reverse negative vs the murphy card. I've been looking for a childhood card myself. a psa graded 1990 pro set fred marion w/ the belt error card for years. I think they quit grading them which I find odd because they keep grading the star wars c3po obscene card....
  • Options
    skrezyna23skrezyna23 Posts: 908 ✭✭✭
    I have done the same with a few cards I liked when I was little.. this one stood out to me..

• Options
    I'm not familiar with the Marion error...........
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm not familiar with the Marion error........... >>

LINKY

It is not Marion's belt though!! Look at the San Fransico player.
  • Options
    That's the beauty of the hobby...just like cars it helps us go back in time. I probably looked at that same littlefield a dozen times but never pulled the trigger so I'm glad someone did
    It never leaves you...
  • Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    Wasn't there a red line variation with the green well?

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options

yeah, you have to look at john taylors belt. pretty sophomoric but I was probably only in 8th grade when it came out.

what's up w. the greenwell card?
  • Options

<< <i>Wasn't there a red line variation with the green well? >>

Yes there was a red line variation which was rather uncommon but I don't believe it was ever classified as an error. Now this may have changed over the years but last I looked which has been years it was just listed as red var. I have a few of the red line variations. Man the 87 Donruss Mike Greenwell was so hot back in the day I couldn't collect enough. Great card from the era that revitalized the hobby!
    JDRF saves lives, let not another child walk down the path of juvenile diabetes alone. Consider giving either time or money, it will come back to you. $15,800 and counting....
  • Options
    mtcardsmtcards Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭
    I dont understand why PSA would not grade the "errors", its not like it says "Fred Marion Schlong Variation" or anything like that
    IT IS ALWAYS CHEAPER TO NOT SELL ON EBAY
  • Options
    especially since it wasn't intentional error like the 77 c3po error. just perfectly timed, perfectly shadowed gear.
  • Options
    esquiresportsesquiresports Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭
    That is a very cool card that I remember (hearing about) well. Down in San Diego where I grew up, it was almost like an urban legend because no one had one.
    Always buying 1971 OPC Baseball packs.
  • Options
    stevebaystevebay Posts: 289 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

LINKY

It is not Marion's belt though!! Look at the San Fransico player. >>

and for the record, Marion dropped the easy interception (or a defensive penalty was involved), as there was no interceptions thrown by Montana in that 1989 game.
  • Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    That Littlefield looks great. Yes, that was a major error back in the day. Congrats on the pick up.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    Nathaniel1960Nathaniel1960 Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are there counterfeit Littlefield ERRs?
    Kiss me once, shame on you.
    Kiss me twice.....let's party.