Home Precious Metals

The Official: "My thread may get deleted if I talk about" thread

Your official reminder of what this Forum is NOT for!
1) Talking about: Other members here if they are talked about in an untruthful and/or contrary public, factual evidenced manner.

2) Talking about: Guns

3) Talking about: "things" or "subjects" other than precious metals, or how the subject matter may directly effect precious metals and/or the value of precious metals.

4) Mentioning: 1, 2 or 3 in any order.

To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.

Comments

• MetalsmanMetalsman Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭
    how about we talk about BS'ers image

not you but the ones that troll to get their post count up like its some status symbol...... and spout off all the rules that they have known and want all to know they are it...... you know who trolls you Rich!
  • piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    not you but the ones that troll to get their post count up like its some status symbol...... and spout off all the rules that they have known and want all to know they are it...... you know who trolls you Rich!

Life on the CU boards LOL
  • VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>"My thread my get deleted if I talk about" thread >>

Do you mean: "My thread might get deleted if I talk about" thread?

<< <i>

<< <i>"My thread my get deleted if I talk about" thread >>

image >>

let me guess... english teacher, coin collector?image
  • bestmrbestmr Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭
    I've ALWAYS thought they needed an Open Forum for whatever pops up. Just because we're interested in coins, metals, cards, ect., doesn't mean that's our ONLY interest. A lot of us have many different hobbies/interests. I can see it being hard to control with so many different topics though so we'll probably not see one anytime soon.
    Positive dealing with oilstates2003, rkfish, Scrapman1077, Weather11am, Guitarwes, Twosides2acoin, Hendrixkat, Sevensteps, CarlWohlforth, DLBack, zug, wildjag, tetradrachm, tydye, NotSure, AgBlox, Seemyauction, Stopmotion, Zubie, Fivecents, Musky1011, Bstat1020, Gsa1fan several times, and Mkman123 LOTS of times
  • BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,977 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I've ALWAYS thought they needed an Open Forum for whatever pops up. Just because we're interested in coins, metals, cards, ect., doesn't mean that's our ONLY interest. A lot of us have many different hobbies/interests. I can see it being hard to control with so many different topics though so we'll probably not see one anytime soon. >>

Haint gonna happen here. There are other sites for that.
    Haint gonna happen here

Yet, a reminder is still required. You can't fix stupid, evidently.

<< <i>

<< <i>I've ALWAYS thought they needed an Open Forum for whatever pops up. Just because we're interested in coins, metals, cards, ect., doesn't mean that's our ONLY interest. A lot of us have many different hobbies/interests. I can see it being hard to control with so many different topics though so we'll probably not see one anytime soon. >>

Haint gonna happen here. There are other sites for that. >>

you mean like the US Coin Forum? Have you looked at it lately.. without bias?image

Forgot the "a" . Corrected, thank you Sir.
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Haint gonna happen here

Yet, a reminder is still required. You can't fix stupid, evidently. >>

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit.. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit.. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad. >>

• TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Metal and stone go together in my other business. image
  • lcoopielcoopie Posts: 8,692 ✭✭✭✭✭

Rule 1) This is not a public forum. This is a PCGS forum paid for by PCGS and provided for PCGS customers to exchange information regarding collecting US coins. We make the rules this is not a democracy.

Rule 2) Anyone posting crude or vulgar pictures or language will no longer be allowed to post. No more warnings.

Rule 3) Anyone attacking another poster or making disparaging personal remarks will no longer be allowed to post. No more warnings.

Rule 4) Anyone making libelous remarks concerning any individual, any company, or any other entity will no longer be allowed to post. No more warnings.

Rule 5) If you have nothing to contribute to an OP then do not post. Snide remarks and other negative comments will result in your losing your ability to post. No more warnings.

Rule 6) This forum is about US Coins. If your post is not directly related to US Coins then this is the wrong forum. Do not post it or your posting privileges may be removed.

Rule 7) This is a PCGS forum. Posts promoting or bashing other grading companies or service are not allowed. Those posts will be removed and your posting privileges may be removed as well.

Rule 8) This forum is provided for the education and sharing of information. Not as a personal soapbox. If you want to learn and share information about US Coins you are welcome.

Rule 9) Your signature may contain multiple images and/or links but must be limited to a single line. If you would like additional advertising space on this site please contact our Advertising Department. Violators will have their posting privileges removed.

Rule 10) If you don't like any of the rules outlined above see Rule 1.

Edited: Sunday February 16, 2014 at 10:47 AM by DonWillis
    LCoopie = Les
  • Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you !!! image
    Timbuk3
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't believe our host deletes threads any longer. They do however continue to delete offenders.

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

• vprvpr Posts: 604 ✭✭✭
    I was able to read most of the responses before the thread got deleted. : ) Thanks for the suggestions. I'm going with a friend, to do "it" in a couple of weeks.
    References: Too many to list. PM for details. 100% satisfaction both as buyer and seller. As a seller, I ship promptly and keep buyers updated.
  • gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    Avid collector of GSA's.
    I don't believe our host deletes threads any longer. They do however continue to delete offenders

Wrong, one was laid to rest yesterday.
    Which thread got deleted?

• PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,301 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>image >>

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

>>>>What did I miss........image

here's a current on the US Coin forum....
    Thread Title: I spent a buck today at Carl's Jr. for a...........
    Created On Wednesday September 24, 2014 3:09 PM

1800th Post... trying to catch Bochi!

<< <i>>>>>What did I miss........image >>

Probably nothing.
    Locking a thread does not mean it has been deleted.

image blah blah blah coming from one of the ones that's always quoting the rules, how ironic.

Why do you have to be such a troll? Reputation to live up to? You know darn well which one. Coming from the guy that probably has a program on his computer that updates screenshots of every thread when a new post gets added to it. Laughable
  • It was the one I recommended not wasting the op's time with such wimpy rounds as a .22 if he was gonna buy a gun. Then all the anti's ran over and threw a fit I think, cause this threads still here WTF. Lol, POM thanks for being on the forums and being a stand up guy.
    Positive BST transactions:michaeldixon,nibanny,
    type2,CCHunter.
    Pass The Popcorn Please..... shhhhh!image

Here comes the good part........

<< <i>Why do you have to be such a troll? Reputation to live up to? You know darn well which one. Coming from the guy that probably has a program on his computer that updates screenshots of every thread when a new post gets added to it. Laughable >>

It was a legitimate question. Nice response considering you're the one that started this thread about how to behave on the forum. image

• joefrojoefro Posts: 1,872 ✭✭

There used to be an open forum here years ago, then it was taken away due to too many threads getting nuked. PCGS doesn't need to pay people to mod an open forum.
    Lincoln Cent & Libertad Collector

<< <i>

<< <i>image >>

image >>

Whats lame is this thread. I rather talk about guns,gold, and government than a set of rules the OP don't ever follow.

Avid collector of GSA's.
  • carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭✭
    Your official reminder of what this Forum is NOT for!
    1) Talking about: Other members here if they are talked about in an untruthful and/or contrary public, factual evidenced manner.

3) Talking about: "things" or "subjects" other than precious metals, or how the subject matter may directly effect precious metals and/or the value of precious metals.

4) Mentioning: 1, 2 or 3 in any order.

Get Em Gomer!

Loves me some shiny!
    image Andy says get your bullet Barney, Gomer's got a live one!
    Avid collector of GSA's.
    What's funny in all this is if it has been anyone else creating a thread like this, they'd be hearing the singing praises of doing their part in keeping this Forum true to what it is intended to be.
    But because it's me....
    That's ok, I get it. That's fine, I'm a grown man, I can take the heat and know that I helped DW in what he has stated what this Forum is to be used for.

<< <i>Your official reminder of what this Forum is NOT for!

4) Mentioning: 1, 2 or 3 in any order. >>

5) Making everything about you or about someone else.

6) Creating rules and being the first one to break them.

7) TROLLS will be reported as well.
  • mikliamiklia Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭
    this is obviously a case of reverse racism. Or reverse vampires. Or racist vampires.
    Is this thread still about you? Maybe you should change the title.

Is this thread still about you?

Only you and your cronies would interpret that way LOL. You seem to be the only one that even cares because you think people actually respect you here.

My post at 11:28 AM CT is all that needs to be said. Carry on trolling. (psst, psst, over here arseclown. It's obvious it's po'ing you that I'm not taking your stinky bait)

• << <i>Your official reminder of what this Forum is NOT for!

4) Mentioning: 1, 2 or 3 in any order. >>

I think this thread is useless and deserves to get deleted. Who made you king?
  • mikliamiklia Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭

<< <i>My post at 11:28 AM CT is all that needs to be said. >>

Glad you said more then. I enjoy your logic.

• telephoto1telephoto1 Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wake me when someone uncovers the point of this thread... image

RIP Mom- 1932-2012
    POM on his soap box grandstanding once again.

The pattern for rants seems to follow Ag spot dropping sharply.
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • +1

BTW that's another rule, No post padding, which I'm not doing as I am pointing out a rule.image
    Witty sig line currently under construction. Thank you for your patience.
    and the trolling rolls on & on & on. Seems the trolls care more about the whole thing than I do LMAO!
  • BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,285 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>POM on his soap box grandstanding once again.

The pattern for rants seems to follow Ag spot dropping sharply. >>

You're missing 1 part.....anyone who disagrees or dares to make their own statement is considered a troll.

You are right, though, I have noticed the same thing....whenever silver drops, threads get started about how dealers aren't discounting enough for him, how cheap people who want to buy his stuff are being, etc etc etc.......it's never anything positive...always a rant and then calling others "trolls". Pretty common thing for low class people on the PM boards lately....just call people "trolls" because they aren't on your bandwagon rather than recognize what a real internet troll is.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• That post didn't have you in mind, just throwing in a little humor. You probably shouldn't assume everything said is aimed in your direction, that can bring about paranoia.
    Witty sig line currently under construction. Thank you for your patience.
    Avid collector of GSA's.
    You probably shouldn't assume everything said is aimed in your direction, that can bring about paranoia

BINGO! If people here weren't so anal thinking everything isn't about THEM, and directed at THEM directly, this Forum could actually be enjoyable. Ironic that the trolls think this thread is about me, or some agenda I have. I got tired of spelling every little thing out a long time ago, and so here we are with me absolutely and entirely misunderstood and the troll gang thrives because I am not one to "go along with the program". So be it.
    You jus cant let this thread go, all about me and my rules go ~ could ya!image
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Guns have been discussed many times on the U.S. Coin Forum......

Cheers, RickO