Home Sports Talk
Options

Bay Area Pro Teams...Sucking Everywhere, All the Time.

124»

Comments

• Options
    WTCGWTCG Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭
    Probably not a good time to walk around outside. After watching that crap most fans feel like stabbing someone right now.

And in a post game talk one Tight End talked about the need to execute. Damn right, after playing like that the entire offense deserves to be executed.
    Follow me on Twitter @wtcgroup
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That was a very sorry showing against a crap team to boot.

The Cowboys and 49ers will both be watching the playoffs from their homes!image
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭

<< <i>That was a very sorry showing against a crap team to boot.

The Cowboys and 49ers will both be watching the playoffs from their homes!image >>

The Rams had a good defense just waiting to come out. They aren't that crappy. They need a QB and then they are a playoff team.
  • Options
    1st and goal on the 2-yard line and your offense can't score a single point...not even a stinking field goal to tie the game. You sure as hell do not deserve to play January football. Sweet mother of God that was pathetic.

What makes it even more painful is the fact they did this not against a top defense but against the Rams. The stinking Rams, a team they played just three weeks ago. A team down to their 3rd string QB. Jesus Christ, they lost to a 3rd string quarterback.

Now just a short 6 1/2 days away from their next loss. A loss to a team that has a good quarterback, not a 3rd string starter.
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • Options

<< <i>1st and goal on the 2-yard line and your offense can't score a single point...not even a stinking field goal to tie the game. You sure as hell do not deserve to play January football. Sweet mother of God that was pathetic.

What makes it even more painful is the fact they did this not against a top defense but against the Rams. The stinking Rams, a team they played just three weeks ago. A team down to their 3rd string QB. Jesus Christ, they lost to a 3rd string quarterback.

Now just a short 6 1/2 days away from their next loss. A loss to a team that has a good quarterback, not a 3rd string starter. >>

I think the Rams are better than you give them credit for. The Rams were ahead at the half last time the two teams played. The NFL is extremely competitive and ANY team can win any game. The fact remains that the 49ers can back into the playoffs and win the super bowl just like the Giants did.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    49ers with a dramatic come from behind win today and not a peep from their supposed fan WTCG. Not at all surprising.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

<< <i>49ers with a dramatic come from behind win today and not a peep from their supposed fan WTCG. Not at all surprising. >>

I thought he jumped off the Golden Gate already!?
  • Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if WTCG will post to this thread again after the Thanksgiving day game between the 49rs and Seahawk?

One more win by the 49rs and they will be assured of not having a losing season. Two more wins and they will be assured of having a winning season.
  • Options

<< <i>I wonder if WTCG will post to this thread again after the Thanksgiving day game between the 49rs and Seahawk?

One more win by the 49rs and they will be assured of not having a losing season. Two more wins and they will be assured of having a winning season. >>

He posts only when they lose--a true fan.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Just wanted to bump it so WTCG can easily find this thread.
  • Options

<< <i>Just wanted to bump it so WTCG can easily find this thread. >>

He's firing up the laptop as we speak! Nothing is more elating to him than a beatdown on national TV!

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Just wanted to bump it so WTCG can easily find this thread. >>

Tryptophan-induced coma. The b*tching, whining and moaning will commence in earnest tomorrow morning.
  • Options
    CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070
    That game wasn't nearly as close as the score indicated.
  • Options
    If the 49rs lose to the Raiders today the playoffs will be unlikely. Talk about a turn for the worse this year for SF.
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man what a thumping by the Rams.......then turn around and lose to the hapless Raiders!

I think WTCG has it right on the 49er's this year!image
  • Options
    I agree with WTCG~the Niners really do suck, LOL..

• Options
    He can't even post he is so upset.
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    Not gonna lie. I really, really, really enjoyed seeing the 49ers get punked by Oakland today. It's becoming more and more apparent that Harbaugh just isn't invested in this team anymore. It's also apparent that forcing Kaepernick on the world was the wrong move. Should have kept Alex Smith.
  • Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    The inaugural season for the Santa Clara 49ers isn't going so well.
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    Santa Clara Karma......on the other hand, Alex Smith wasn't winning any titles for the 49ers and it is starting to look like Kaep will not either.
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options
    W.C appears to be correct about the 49rs this year. They are a turd of a team. They had a 21 point lead over San Diego tonight and lose 38-35 in overtime.

Injuries and disfunction have torpedoed the 2014 season

At least the Giants had a great season and the Warriors are off to a great start.
  • Options

<< <i>W.C appears to be correct about the 49rs this year. They are a turd of a team. They had a 21 point lead over San Diego tonight and lose 38-35 in overtime.

At least the Giants had a great season and the Warriors are off to a great start. >>

The Harbaugh circus grinds down to its final week...players probably are figuring why bother at this point.

• Options
    This thread is updated after a hiatus. I'll get to the 49ers later.

So what's happening in the Bay Area pro sports scene? Lots and lots misery on at least five fronts. Sucking is still universal.

San Jose Sharks have notched a few wins together recently after a few weeks of horrible play. Beating a few weak teams has given the team some confidence. If they can hold up they just might make it all the way to the first round of the playoffs once again. The San Jose Mercury News recently published an article about the end of the Sharks sellout streak and the team's inability to sell out games in the last two weeks. That fact reinforces the reasons why the ownership is more interested in maintaining a weak playoff team season after season instead of rebuilding for the future. Give the people in the South Bay the feeling that the team has some shot of not choking in the playoffs people will show up. Start losing games and fans disappear in a flash. We've already seen it happen.

Warriors are playing well but most of the games they've played so far have been against weaker teams. Andrew Bogut is hurt like he always is. Perhaps the Warriors should find another big man who's a bit more reliable. The team's real test is whether they can hold up against the other elite NBA teams. My prediction for the Warriors is for the next few seasons they will be the NBA version of the San Jose Sharks: a great regular season team but always coming up short in the playoffs.

In the last few weeks the A's have traded away for spare parts every single player of consequence they had on the roster. Josh Donaldson, Brandon Moss, Jeff Samardzija, Jon Lester and Derek Norris are all gone. It's just the A's business plan: trade away talent for spare parts, devalue the roster and the organization, disenfranchise the few fans they have left, cry poor, gripe about their stadium, gripe about their city then act surprised when nobody shows up to their games. The A's are not interested in fielding a successful ball club. They are more interested in being the farm system of Major League Baseball. If a player pans out he's promptly sold for spare parts. A's merchandise department should consider selling jerseys with Velcro numbers and letters. That way when a fan buys a jersey then their favorite player gets traded away they can adjust accordingly without having to donate to Goodwill. The 2015 season looks to be a 95 to 100 loss type season.

Despite winning the World Series the Giants can't get a single player of consequence to sign with them on their own free will. They couldn't keep Sandoval, couldn't get Lester, couldn't get Headley, couldn't get anybody with proven talent to sign with the team. They won't get Shields, won't get Scherzer, won't get Zorbist either. So what does the team do to fill their hole at 3B? They trade for McGehee from Miami, a guy who hits into more double plays than almost any other player, whose hits for singles are the highest percentage of almost any active player and who was such an awful player just a short two seasons ago he had to play in Japan. They found him the same place they found Dan Uggla, Brandon Hicks, Bill Hall, Jeff Franceour and Miguel Tejada. McGehee will be lucky to hit .220 next season. He'll be another automatic out in the lineup. Now they can focus on the LF hole. So which stopgap, over the hill, bargain bin journeyman will they bring in to play LF? The 2015 season will be just like the 2011 season except without the decent pitching they had in 2011. It'll be a 70-92 type season.

Great news, Raiders still own the Number 1 draft pick in the 2015 NFL Draft. Obviously they don't need to draft another QB so it's a great position for them to trade down.
  • Options

<< <i>I wonder if WTCG will post to this thread again after the Thanksgiving day game between the 49rs and Seahawk?

One more win by the 49rs and they will be assured of not having a losing season. Two more wins and they will be assured of having a winning season. >>

How's that coming along? Winning season my ass. They're lucky to have won 7 whole games this season.
  • Options
    Since my last post the 49ers have...

Beat New Orleans in overtime...that was after choking away a 14 point lead and with help from the refs. The Saints are an awful team even by NFC South standards
    Barely beat the NY Giants...oh whoopee, a team that lost to Jacksonville
    Barely beat the Redskins...oh whoopee, a team with no defense
    Got destroyed by Seattle at home...expected.
    Lost to the then 1-11 Raiders...enough said
    Lost to Seattle again...no surprise.

Tonight they led 28-7 at halftime only to completely choke away that 21 point lead completely. Let's think about that again...they choked away a goddamn 21 point lead! Then they had the chance to pull it out in overtime and what did they do? They fumbled the goddamn ball! Merry effing Christmas.

And people here thought I was crazy when I predicted this 49ers team to be the 2014 version of the 2013 Texans. Here we are...team has a losing record, is out of the playoffs, plays like garbage at home and on the road, overrated defense and a completely useless offense. And the team still has the balls to charge $15 for beer at Levi's Stadium.

Let's think about this one again...they choked away a 21 point lead! 21 points! Hey Quinton Patton, meet Kyle Williams.

Who's got it better than us?...30 OTHER GODDAMN TEAMS. Good grief.

• Options

<< <i>W.C appears to be correct about the 49rs this year. They are a turd of a team. They had a 21 point lead over San Diego tonight and lose 38-35 in overtime.

At least the Giants had a great season and the Warriors are off to a great start. >>

Damn right I am correct about this turd of a team. People like me saw it coming. Considering how they've played this season they're lucky to have enough wins to justify painting their turd of a team gold and calling it a golden nugget. They're lucky to be 7-8. They should be 2-13.

Injuries had an impact but the real culprit was simply poor play, especially on offense. The team's Offensive Coordinator, Greg Roman, is straight up excrement. The defense is overrated. Right now they don't look like they can beat a rug much less an NFL team. Hell, they'd probably lose to a community college team.

The Giants 2014 season will be a distant memory in six months time. I'm predicting a complete meltdown in 2015. They'll be lucky to win 70 games next season.
  • Options
    ChiefsFan1stChiefsFan1st Posts: 845 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

Damn right I am correct about this turd of a team. People like me saw it coming. Considering how they've played this season they're lucky to have enough wins to justify painting their turd of a team gold and calling it a golden nugget. They're lucky to be 7-8. They should be 2-13.

Injuries had an impact but the real culprit was simply poor play, especially on offense. The team's Offensive Coordinator, Greg Roman, is straight up excrement. The defense is overrated. Right now they don't look like they can beat a rug much less an NFL team. Hell, they'd probably lose to a community college team.

The Giants 2014 season will be a distant memory in six months time. I'm predicting a complete meltdown in 2015. They'll be lucky to win 70 games next season. >>

I wouldnt call that luck. If the 'niners win 70 games next season, they will set records that the NFL aint even thought of yetimage

Edited for spellingimage
    I dont wanna grow up, Im a Toys-R-Us kid!
  • Options
    Choked away a 21 point halftime lead...21 STINKING POINTS! Oh why the hell do I care anyway? Game doesn't matter anymore. Team will be headed off for vacation come January. Next week against Arizona will be great...looking forward to the 3 field goals the team will score in 4 quarters of football.
  • Options
    Sad.