Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

And again, photobucket goes FUBAR.

coindeucecoindeuce Posts: 13,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
They're a lot like sleazeBay, with their drone techno geek programmers trying to "improve" the site. Just try their new non-functional photo editing. You'll be scratching your head in no time. image

"Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon
http://www.americanlegacycoins.com

Comments

• Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,994 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>They're a lot like sleazeBay, with their drone techno geek programmers trying to "improve" the site. Just try their new non-functional photo editing. You'll be scratching your head in no time. image >>

I never use their photo editing stuff.
  • Options
    halfhunterhalfhunter Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭
    Used it today to crop & resize this print of The General to share on another forum with nary a problem . . .

Just got it back from the frame shop.

HH
    Need the following OBW rolls to complete my 46-64 Roosevelt roll set:
    1947-P & D; 1948-D; 1949-P & S; 1950-D & S; and 1952-S.
    Any help locating any of these OBW rolls would be gratefully appreciated!
  • Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,486 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I edit my own pictures before I put them up there. I shutter every time they unveil an "improvement" because it usually means the system will be screwed up for a week or so. They also had one round of "enhancements" which left me having to make more key strokes to do the same thing. They call that "progress."
    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    Almost a week now without photo editing function. They don't have a human CS phone line anymore, and one has to jump through hoops to find a link to even obtain their tech support email address. This sucks. image

"Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon

• Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Almost a week now without photo editing function. They don't have a human CS phone line anymore, and one has to jump through hoops to find a link to even obtain their tech support email address. This sucks. image >>

I use photobucket since this summer when I let my website lapse. I have never used any photo-editing there though, I still use MS image composer from ca. 1994 that has been adapted to 64 bit programming.
    In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,217 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>They're a lot like sleazeBay, with their drone techno geek programmers trying to "improve" the site. Just try their new non-functional photo editing. You'll be scratching your head in no time. image >>

Free shareware has its pitfalls.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Show me the coin, I'll edit for you image
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,858 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Show me the coin, I'll edit for you image >>

^ … then you can call me THE COIN DOCTOR image
  • Options
    thebeavthebeav Posts: 3,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I had to give up on them a few years ago.....
    They have become the epitome of 'bloatware'......
  • Options
    CoinZipCoinZip Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭
    I edit with photoscape....

I host FREE with tinypic.com

I no longer battle the photobucket debacle.

Coin Club Benefit auctions ..... View the Lots

• Options
    Discovered last night that their latest software revision isn't compatible with yet with current Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer browsers.

Had to open up Google Chrome to make the editing feature work. Eventually PB.com will come up with a solution for Firefox and Explorer users.

• Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bought a real editing program (Photoshop Elements) and only use the free hosting, and put up with adds when uploading only.
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,475 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

I never use their photo editing stuff. >>

Neither do I.

Does this mean it's fixed?
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    Well, Photobucket has become just as unusable as the CU Forums.

I no longer have access to my Libraries except at the initial loading.

I can select one of the sub albums but the default no longer loads to the album you happen to be in. Everything gets defaulted to "My Bucket".

"My Bucket" does not have access to my albums.

I appear to no longer have the capability of having the "Links" displayed under the photographs in Albums and their latest software upgrade evidently reinstalled an "old email account" which I have not used for a couple of years and which simply does not exist.

There is no readily apparent method of submitting a problem as everything points back to a FAQ page which simply does not address my personalization of customization problems.

In short, its a major PIA to use.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    If I use Google Chrome and enable Java Script, the danged thing starts working ok.

I have soooo many photo's uploaded to this thing it makes searching for a new host very difficult.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,876 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why not just use the PCGS or Heritage inventory features. I use PCGS for both PCGS and NGC coins, track prices, pictures etc. Never bothered with Photobucket.
  • Options
    thisnamztakenthisnamztaken Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Bought a real editing program (Photoshop Elements) and only use the free hosting, and put up with adds when uploading only. >>

Ditto! I've been using PSE8 for several years now and it's inexpensive, easy to use for a non-techy like me, and does a great job editing, using layers, etc. - also, elementsvillage.com has a lot of nice, helpful people that will answer any of your PSE questions/problems (free) also. image
    I never thought that growing old would happen so fast.
    - Jim

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file