Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Anyone hear lately from Lawnmowerman (Matt)?

Haven't seen him post here in a while and was wondering if anyone here had heard from him..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.

Comments

• Options
    Tim and I have both been concerned and exchanging PMs. I spent a while this morning on google, trying to find his home or business phone number. If anybody has a way to get a hold of him, please let one of us know.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,545 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I havnt seen him post in a bit but thats not totally uncommon for him. Is there reason to be alarmed? Did something go on that I dont know about?

Hopefully all is well with Matt, Im sure he will be back on soon.
  • Options
    I've been a member for 7 months and Matt logs on every single day. Most of those days we exchange PMs. The last time I heard from him was 9 days ago, he didn't mention a vacation, and we haven't seen him log on since. It's probably nothing, and I hope that's the case, but that's why we're concerned.
  • Options
    jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭
    I know he is a landscaper so maybe he is just tied down with work? I hope that is the case
    and nothing is wrong..
    Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
  • Options
    jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭
    He was on another board late Saturday night.
    Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
  • Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's to hoping he won the lottery and is hunkering down with a financial adviser to sort out what to do with the winnings.
  • Options

<< <i>He was on another board late Saturday night. >>

That's good to know, thanks.
  • Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    I know he likes tight ends...

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options

<< <i>I know he likes tight ends... >>

The tightest.
  • Options
    Just heard this from TNP777:

I spoke with Matt on Saturday night. He is on vacation... right now. If people you know are asking, tell them he is on vacation and that he is fine.
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    Maybe Lawnmowerswife can help, she was on here at one time.

Hope it is that he is taking a break!!
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My money's on alien abduction.
    Mike
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭

<< <i>My money's on alien abduction. >>

i'm curious to know what Matt would do with the aliens if he abducted them. demand their Emmitt Smith cards, or else?
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just assumed he was back hounding Emmit Smith to auto his cards, lol..

Good to hear all is well.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    UphillUphill Posts: 360 ✭✭
    Has anyone ever seen Matt and Emmitt Smith at the same time?
    Jamie

Looking for Charlie (Charley) Maxwell cards.
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Why do ANY of you actually care about Matt!

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options

<< <i>Why do ANY of you actually care about Matt!

image >>

Never mind a week and a half, Doug, I would be posting a thread asking WTH you are if you didn't bump your B/S/T thread within 25 hours, LOL..

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,545 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok how about Stown since we are on the topic of potentially missing people?

I have not seen that fella in a long time.
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Ok how about Stown since we are on the topic of potentially missing people?

I have not seen that fella in a long time. >>

Barry is alive and well. He is helping take care of family.
  • Options

<< <i>Never mind a week and a half, Doug, I would be posting a thread asking WTH you are if you didn't bump your B/S/T thread within 25 hours, LOL.. >>

I think I fall into that category too. And I've caught quite a bit of flack over it.
  • Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lawnmowerman se encuentra en una playa nudista con Dimeman. Todo está bien.
  • Options

<< <i>Lawnmowerman se encuentra en una playa nudista con Dimeman. Todo está bien. >>

Hey, I pressed 1 not 2, LOL!!

• Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    Ive also spoken to Matt. And yeah, he's on a much deserved vacation.

I was actually wondering about Stown myself yesterday. Happy to hear he is doing ok too. Hope for the best for him with what ever is going on with his family.
  • Options
    Baez578Baez578 Posts: 967 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Why do ANY of you actually care about Matt!

image >>

Never mind a week and a half, Doug, I would be posting a thread asking WTH you are if you didn't bump your B/S/T thread within 25 hours, LOL.. >>

Lol
  • Options
    Baez578Baez578 Posts: 967 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Lawnmowerman se encuentra en una playa nudista con Dimeman. Todo está bien. >>

Estan con migo en Puerto Rico! No se preocupen image
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>Never mind a week and a half, Doug, I would be posting a thread asking WTH you are if you didn't bump your B/S/T thread within 25 hours, LOL.. >>

Al igual que las reglas lo permiten, mi amigo.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    RookieHOFersRookieHOFers Posts: 733 ✭✭✭
    Huh?
    Matt
    I collect: 80’s Rookies and 86 Fleer Basketball
  • Options
    oDay otnay orryway, awnmowermanlay isyay ustjay onyay acationvay. Iyay amyay uresay ehay isyay appyhay otay owknay eoplepay arecay!
  • Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    He was posting as recent as 2 or 3 weeks ago.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    EagleEyeKidEagleEyeKid Posts: 4,496 ✭✭
    Matt is fine. Dropped him off at the Burbank airport this morning. He just got home awhile ago.
    Finally got to meet my buddy after 8 years from the boards just chatting. I consider Matt my friend.
    We ate like pigs, laughed at everything and at everyone. Did the Vegas deal and gave them our money.
    Had a blast and hope to do it again next year.
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Matt is fine. Dropped him off at the Burbank airport this morning. He just got home awhile ago.
    Finally got to meet my buddy after 8 years from the boards just chatting. I consider Matt my friend.
    We ate like pigs, laughed at everything and at everyone. Did the Vegas deal and gave them our money.
    Had a blast and hope to do it again next year. >>

Who bailed Matt out of jail and how is it they are allowing you access to a computer in your jail cell?
  • Options
    cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Matt is fine. Dropped him off at the Burbank airport this morning. He just got home awhile ago.
    Had a blast and hope to do it again next year. >>

Who bailed Matt out of jail and how is it they are allowing you access to a computer in your jail cell? >>

Did you forget, what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas. image
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options
    elsnortoelsnorto Posts: 2,013

<< <i>Here's to hoping he won the lottery and is hunkering down with a financial adviser to sort out what to do with the winnings. >>

+1

The bad news is that David is his financial adviser and, since last Monday, has been trying to convince Matt that sniping is ineffective before he moves on to making asset allocation recommendations. image

Snorto~
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Here's to hoping he won the lottery and is hunkering down with a financial adviser to sort out what to do with the winnings. >>

+1

The bad news is that David is his financial adviser and, since last Monday, has been trying to convince Matt that sniping is ineffective before he moves on to making asset allocation recommendations. image

Snorto~ >>