thekid8thekid8 Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭
    Sorry double post
    Gary Carter Fans check out www.thekid8.com

• Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    All great stuff guys. Keep them coming.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    Baez578Baez578 Posts: 967 ✭✭✭

<< <i>All great stuff guys. Keep them coming. >>

+1
  • Options
    JaktJakt Posts: 573
    WOW! There are some really REALLY nice pieces in here. Thanks for posting this.
    I'm building a 1968 and a 1970 Topps set. I have lots of 1970s and 1960s to offer in trade.
  • Options
    Here is one of my favorite table books

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,355 ✭✭✭✭✭
    An opening day pin - still in original package from 1994.

Ft Hamilton had a box that was first come first served when I was stationed there.

I pulled this from a pack - a "fan favorite?" His record was 5 and 35. He must've been one hell of a good guy.

Mike
  • Options

<< <i>I pulled this from a pack - a "fan favorite?" His record was 5 and 35. He must've been one hell of a good guy.
    image >>

Gotta love Anthony Young. I remember his losing streak all too well. From Wikipedia:
    While with the Mets, from May 6, 1992 to July 24, 1993, he lost 27 consecutive decisions. This losing streak is the longest in MLB history, breaking the mark of 23 set by Cliff Curtis in 1910–11. During the losing streak, Young converted 12 straight save opportunities and threw 23 2⁄3 consecutive scoreless innings while filling in for Mets closer John Franco. During the streak, Young was 0–14 as a starter and 0–13 as a reliever.
    1992 2-14 - He also had 15 saves
    1993 1-16
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    YogiBerraFanYogiBerraFan Posts: 2,390 ✭✭
    Some Mets I had handy:

• Options
    Nice autos Rob ... gotta LOVE that '67 Seaver!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    YogiBerraFanYogiBerraFan Posts: 2,390 ✭✭

<< <i>Nice autos Rob ... gotta LOVE that '67 Seaver! >>

Thanks, I'm very happy with it. I think it was a PSA 4.5 crack-out. About 7 years ago I started a Seaver set. I'm trying to do a full signed run if his cards from 1967-1987.

On a side note, Oscar Madison takes credit for teaching him how to throw his curveball image
  • Options
    Kid4hof03Kid4hof03 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great autographs! The Hernandez 86's are outstanding.
    Collecting anything and everything relating to Roger Staubach
  • Options
    MikeyPMikeyP Posts: 990 ✭✭✭
    Those are some very impressive autographs Yogi Berra Fan. Very nice collection.

Also, I will trade you guys the entire Yankees lineup for David Wright if you are willing to pay the remainder of their contracts.
    "Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood."
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    Some great Mets stuff in this tread! Thanks for sharing all.
  • Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,542 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>image >>

Never saw that set, very cool!

Awesome autos, too! I have to dig out the few that I have, too.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

<< <i>Never saw that set, very cool!

Awesome autos, too! I have to dig out the few that I have, too. >>

Thought you might w/the Grote in the background of the Koosman card.
  • Options
  • Options
    I take care of the grounds maintenance at the Rays equipment manager's house. He hooks me up with games and autos whenever I want. I purchase the jerseys, he sends them off to the other team's equipment manger. I plan on getting others once I buy some more jerseys.

• Options
    Nice stuff, Matt!!

Larkin, I'm wondering why the Seaver card is with him sans Mets logo on front of hs jersey, though they include them on front of the box? Licensing issue for the individual cards?

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    That's really cool Matt!

Mike
  • Options

<< <i>Nice stuff, Matt!!

Larkin, I'm wondering why the Seaver card is with him sans Mets logo on front of hs jersey, though they include them on front of the box? Licensing issue for the individual cards? >>

I believe the two Seaver "front row" cards without logo are not from the 69 miracle Mets boxed set.
    All your money won't another minute buy.
  • Options
    My brother gave me this "promo" set of the Amazin Mets and their 25th anniversary.

My 11 yr old scanner is giving me some trouble right now - will post some examples after.

He told that the company was selling numbered sets and some very limited auto'ed sets - but they were way more than I would pay from what I recollect.
    Mike
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Nice stuff, Matt!!

Larkin, I'm wondering why the Seaver card is with him sans Mets logo on front of hs jersey, though they include them on front of the box? Licensing issue for the individual cards? >>

I believe the two Seaver "front row" cards without logo are not from the 69 miracle Mets boxed set. >>

Ahhh, now I see it, thanks.

• Options
    For those that don't know, Tommie Agee has a son, that won two super bowls with the Cowboys. Pretty nice success in that family having won 3 world championships between them.

imageimage
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Nice stuff, Matt!!

I believe the two Seaver "front row" cards without logo are not from the 69 miracle Mets boxed set. >>

Ahhh, now I see it, thanks. >>

Correct, the box set is a Spectrum product that was licensed, unlike the Front Row promo/set.
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    ttt.

• Options
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭

• Options
    Well, card and photo...

As for the card.. I remember seeing this card in the glass case at my local card shop, and dreamed of one day owning it... was an easy choice to pick it up when it came along.

As for the photo... he's gotten a lot of hate lately, but Granderson is the best... took my son to a Mets-Athletics game for his birthday this year... Granderson came up to the on deck circle. My son said hello to him, and Granderson turned around and chatted it up with my son, giving him a fist bump when it was time to head to the plate. Thankfully talking with my son rather than warming up didn't affect him too much, as he hit a single during that at bat.

• Options
    EchoCanyonEchoCanyon Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>image >>

I always wondered why there's no '72 or '73 Rusty....
  • Options

<< <i>I always wondered why there's no '72 or '73 Rusty.... >>

Did you say '73 Rusty?

• Options
    Mets bump
  • Options
    edited August 9, 2019 8:10PM
    This card looks like a 10 to me and I got it for $8. Love those "trophy" cards!

• Options
    MinorLeaguerMinorLeaguer Posts: 497 ✭✭✭
    A little late, so for the off-season...
  • Options
    BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a Yankee fan but I'll play along with this item of my all-time favorite Met:

Daniel
  • Options
    Great pack Daniel!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    bishopbishop Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭
    Topps 1981 Magic Memory set. Backs have team player stats or manager bios. Distributed in Cellos at two Mets home games

Topps Baseball-1948, 1951 to 2017
    Bowman Baseball -1948-1955
    Fleer Baseball-1923, 1959-2007

Al
  • Options
    bishopbishop Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭
    Backs

Topps Baseball-1948, 1951 to 2017
    Bowman Baseball -1948-1955
    Fleer Baseball-1923, 1959-2007

Al
  • Options
    edited August 9, 2019 8:25PM
  • Options
    countdouglascountdouglas Posts: 2,289 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not a Mets fan, but do have a few things to share.

I picked this up at a thrift store maybe 20 years ago, as I'm always on the lookout for officially licensed oddball items like this, regardless of team. It's stamped on the base "1994 Cooperstown Santa".

This was included in a large collection that I purchased. No idea of provenance or authenticity. It's on an official William White National League Ball.

This collection included a number of Royals items, so of course the previous owner had a lot of 1985 World Series mementos, including this phantom ticket. I just thought it was a neat and unusual item, and is not meant to be trolling.

• Options
    edited August 10, 2019 4:11AM
  • Options
    SkippyTSkippyT Posts: 40 ✭✭✭

This thread seems to have been dormant for much too long :-)