Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Mets Appreciation Thread

PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
Now that the games are becoming less...meaningful...what better time to pay tribute to those Amazin' Mets by posting any cool Mets related items you might have in your collection! And I know the Met fans hear will not disappoint!

Comments

• Options
    edited August 9, 2019 8:03PM
  • Options
    edited August 9, 2019 8:04PM
  • Options
    edited August 9, 2019 8:04PM
  • Options
    edited August 9, 2019 8:05PM
  • Options
    edited August 9, 2019 8:06PM
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What, no "meaningful" games in September again?? LOL!

Pulled from a mini wax and self-submitted to PSA. Remains pop 1 of 2.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    The "other" Mets catcher in the 70s...

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    edited August 9, 2019 8:07PM
  • Options
    Felix Milan on top.. image

• Options
  • Options

<< <i>Felix Milan on top.. image

image >>

Awesome! Who are those other guys??
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    This was my ticket. Remember it like it was yesterday.

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    MikeyPMikeyP Posts: 990 ✭✭✭
    I like that 1974 Topps Tom Seaver card. Very nice Paul Maul.
    "Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood."
  • Options
    Self-submitted this pack to PSA via a CU group break...Met on top and Yankee on bottom~the way it should be. image

• Options
    Doug, why were your Mezz tickets the same price as my Upper Reserve????
  • Options
    Elliot Maddox on top.. image

• Options
    Tom Terrific...

• Options
    Tim, if you keep this up I might start to think you're actively searching for star packs that also show Mets.....
  • Options

<< <i>Doug, why were your Mezz tickets the same price as my Upper Reserve???? >>

Because they liked me better???? LOL NO IDEA.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    Another mini wax pack pull..Tom Terrific redux..

• Options
    That pesky Milan again...loved the way he choked up on that bat, lol..

• Options
    Tom Terrrific again. If you can't tell by now, he is my all-time favorite Met. Sorry, Jerry, LOL..

• Options
    One of my favorite packs, and one I know David (70toppsfanatic) will appreciate...33-card jumbo cello..

• Options
    Does anyone remember the song they used to play at Shea when Apodaca came into the game??

• Options
    One of my favorite packs...tougher year with Mets bookending each side, LOL..

• Options
    bigdcardsbigdcards Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭

To bigdcards: "you are right" - cpamike "That is correct" -grote15
  • Options
    bigdcardsbigdcards Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭
    To bigdcards: "you are right" - cpamike "That is correct" -grote15
  • Options
    Another personal favorite pack..

• Options
    Yogi on top and Kong on back (with Stone in the middle)~a Mets fan trifecta!

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A Met unopened pack showdown!

Cool stuff guys!
    Mike
  • Options
    Tom Terrific. I love the horizontal action shots Topps used during this era..

• Options
    Matlack was an underrated pitcher in his day..

• Options
    Tim, did you specifically request that Grote be cited on the '67 cello? Can one do that with any player?
  • Options
    edited August 9, 2019 8:09PM
    Me and Grote (not Tim!) in '76!

• Options
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options

<< <i>Tim, did you specifically request that Grote be cited on the '67 cello? Can one do that with any player? >>

Yes, you can. They will add any name to the flip as long as you request it.

I love that Grote pic, David! Our mothers must have shopped at the same clothes store! LOL!

Awesome stuff, guys! Doug's been trying to get me into programs and yearbooks~I like the graphics and the old ads.

Keep them coming!

• Options

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    One of my favorite autographed cards:

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    YA GOTTA BELIEVE:

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    Card looks real nice in person ... not so much scanned.

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    The certified auto cards are very cool Doug!
  • Options
    Kid4hof03Kid4hof03 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great stuff! Some amazin' unopened and autographed stuff in this thread.

Sorry for the bad photos but here are my Carter, Gooden and Strawberry game used jerseys:

Collecting anything and everything relating to Roger Staubach
  • Options
    Nice Jerseys!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    Again, bad pictures but here are a couple of my favorite advertising pieces:
  • Options
    Last but not least is this 1986 Mets painted mirror. I'm not really sure what it is but I think it was probably some sort of boardwalk game prize, it's the only one I have ever seen

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>image >>

The only redeeming quality of that pack is a Red is showing image
  • Options
    psychumppsychump Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭

<< <i>image >>

The last original New York Met
    Tallulah Bankhead — 'There have been only two geniuses in the world. Willie Mays and Willie Shakespeare.'
  • Options
    psychumppsychump Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭

<< <i>That pesky Milan again...loved the way he choked up on that bat, lol..

image >>

Love the Charlie Williams...Traded to Giants for...Willie Mays!
    Tallulah Bankhead — 'There have been only two geniuses in the world. Willie Mays and Willie Shakespeare.'