Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Dealers at shows? What's your number one turn off.

124»

Comments

• Options
    The auction houses brings up a good point to enter the discussion.

Personally, I know I haven't bid or won items because they don't accept credit cards. I've won a lot of auctions and do frequent those AH's. But I know the fact they don't take cc has definitely cost/lost them more money from me than the 3% may have saved. That's their business model and up to them. also,theyve lost more money in the sense I didn't unbid certain items regardless if I would have won or loss.

Just saying in my sample size of one, the "no credit card rule" overall has def cost them and lost them much more money with me at the end of the day.

If it's an item I have to have, fine. But some that would be cool to have and i would have placed a last minute bid, I don't bid. Just because I don't feel like writing a check, taking it to the post office (I don't leave them in my mailbox), waiting 7-10 days for it to clear, then another week to get it. Forget wiring it. Too much hassle. There have been times where I completely forgot I won some items by time they get here 3-4 weeks later.