Home Precious Metals

Mods, my SINCERE apology

I know my rant was filtered and not posted.
My sincere apologies
If I end up bammed I deserve it, otherwise thank you.
" YOU SUCK " Awarded 5/18/08

Comments

• MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭
  • ArizonaJackArizonaJack Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭
    No, not at all.
    A certain member in one of your threads had me madder than a fire ant.
    Calm down, Jack, dont feed trolls.......defeat them ;-)
  • VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>No, not at all.
    A certain member in one of your threads had me madder than a fire ant.
    Calm down, Jack, dont feed trolls.......defeat them ;-) >>

It's all good. We often get more upset over Internet postings than in-person dealings because we don't filter information the same way. At least I don't and know I've made a horse's rear-end of myself more than once here........

Live and let live...........

• jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,633 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aren't you glad you're not him? How terrible would it be to go through life without ever getting a clue?image
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds interesting....sorry I missed it....image Cheers, RickO
  • KUCHKUCH Posts: 1,186
    I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO SEE (READ) YOUR RANT. Not to worry, it's been done before. Don't EVER apologize for your freedom to speak. (write) Sometimes that freedom comes with consequences. image
  • Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ??? image
    Timbuk3
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 28,047 ✭✭✭✭✭
    no hard feelings here.
    My rant included a few Fbombs, it never posted. The filter stopped it from posting. I don't regret it, but rules are rules.
    I just took a cpl minutes and retyped it sans Fbombs
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>My rant included a few Fbombs, it never posted. The filter stopped it from posting. I don't regret it, but rules are rules.
    I just took a cpl minutes and retyped it sans Fbombs >>

As far as I'm concerned, you have nothing to apologize for. image
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭
    This may become the mega apology thread considering the active acrimony.

• << <i>Sounds interesting....sorry I missed it....image Cheers, RickO >>

Ricko I have read some of your previous posts on the separation of church and state and I remember you posted in the "IGWT" thread that you disagree with the word "God" being put on money...another one of your posts seemed to indicate you doubted the existence of God. You do realize that a number of posts in the now famous threads in this section turned into religious debates. It is hypocritical and ironic that you post your approval here on a thread criticizing me-given the fact that in other threads I am debating the same religious fundamentalists who you previously appeared to strongly disagree with, based on your posts a long time ago in the US coin forum. The religious fundamentalists are the same ones who have it out for me who you are expressing your support for. I remember what you wrote in your previous posts about god/religion and I strongly believe that you would agree with me in a number of topics that the debates have turned into in these threads.
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,580 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The religious fundamentalists are the same ones who have it out for me who you are expressing your support for. I remember what you wrote in your previous posts about god/religion and I strongly believe that you would agree with me in a number of topics that the debates have turned into in these threads. >>

Such threads have no place on this forum. Somebody had to say it.

"How many times can a man turn his head and pretend he just doesn’t see?” - Bob Dylan

Agree Derry, and now this fool interpets " sorry I missed it " into supporting those against him. Shhhhhhh, the troll brought the religion in, let the religion get this young fool bammed.

• << <i>Agree Derry, and now this fool interpets " sorry I missed it " into supporting those against him. Shhhhhhh, the troll brought the religion in, let the religion get this young fool bammed. >>

This fool interpets? I am not familiar with that word.

• << <i>Agree Derry, and now this fool interpets " sorry I missed it " into supporting those against him. Shhhhhhh, the troll brought the religion in, let the religion get this young fool bammed. >>

No, WRM brought up religion when he posted that FRNs go against the bible and he went on about biblical prophecies and what is real money and what isn't-according to the bible-you are wrong. I didn't bring up religion, another poster did. Shhhh....
    Go away. You bother me.
  • rawteam1rawteam1 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Go away. You bother me. >>

lol, from now on i will refer to CRH as... the tick...
    keceph `anah
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,580 ✭✭✭✭✭

"How many times can a man turn his head and pretend he just doesn’t see?” - Bob Dylan

• << <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Agree Derry, and now this fool interpets " sorry I missed it " into supporting those against him. Shhhhhhh, the troll brought the religion in, let the religion get this young fool bammed. >>

No, WRM brought up religion when he posted that FRNs go against the bible and he went on about biblical prophecies and what is real money and what isn't-according to the bible-you are wrong. I didn't bring up religion, another poster did. Shhhh.... >>

Let the record show that WRM did not bring up God/religion. On "portfolio" thread, page 7, one known as "coinrollhunter" posted a comic about God, the cover of the book "Left Behind" and the "stereotypical poster", four posts before I replied regarding FRNs vs. Money....

Cheers, >>

I posted a picture of "left behind" and mentioned Tim LaHaye in reference to being left behind from an investment standpoint. Let the record show that it is indeed you who brought up God/religion. When you put up a link quoting bible verses with biblical explanations for what is and isn't money-"I fit your "stereotypical poster", so be warned that the following link contains Christian/Biblical teachings:
    You must avoid investing in frauds such as Enron, or the dollar, or bonds. Worshiping a false idol (dollar or bonds!) can cause your wealth to be destroyed.... Therefore the dollar, which used to be a weight of gold, is no longer a just weight of gold. The dollar is fraud, and an abomination. The dollar is also a deception, a broken promise, because it used to be a promise to pay a certain amount of gold or silver. "-like this-you bring up God/religion. Not me.
  • carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭✭
    Metals stay range bound for a while and the forum turns into Lord of the Flies

Loves me some shiny!
  • piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    Metals stay range bound for a while and the forum turns into Lord of the Flies

It was only a matter of time...and this time I didn't start it. Seeee, I'm becoming mellow in my older age. image
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • MetalsmanMetalsman Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Metals stay range bound for a while and the forum turns into Lord of the Flies

It was only a matter of time...and this time I didn't start it. Seeee, I'm becoming mellow in my older age. image >>

I just saw the Title and thought before looking.......... WHAT THE .... bleeppp. bleepp bleeep.. did Rich do now!... Wow Rich you've been replaced! image
  • ms70ms70 Posts: 13,951 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just got here. What happened? image

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• What motivates a troll, I wonder?
    Let's try not to get upset.
  • jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,633 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What motivates a troll, I wonder?

Seeking attention.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.

<< <i>What motivates a troll, I wonder?

Seeking attention. >>

Well, when your washing dishes for a job, makin mini, u don't have anyone listening to anything u say cept maybe the rats runnin around in the kitchen... Here on the forum one can become a superhero, thus the evolution(lol) of SuperTick... Lol
    keceph `anah
  • CakesCakes Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Sounds interesting....sorry I missed it....image Cheers, RickO >>

Ricko I have read some of your previous posts on the separation of church and state and I remember you posted in the "IGWT" thread that you disagree with the word "God" being put on money...another one of your posts seemed to indicate you doubted the existence of God. You do realize that a number of posts in the now famous threads in this section turned into religious debates. It is hypocritical and ironic that you post your approval here on a thread criticizing me-given the fact that in other threads I am debating the same religious fundamentalists who you previously appeared to strongly disagree with, based on your posts a long time ago in the US coin forum. The religious fundamentalists are the same ones who have it out for me who you are expressing your support for. I remember what you wrote in your previous posts about god/religion and I strongly believe that you would agree with me in a number of topics that the debates have turned into in these threads. >>

Why on earth would you bring Ricko into this thread, and how do you have time to research his posts?

BTW in researching him haven't you seen all his guns posts? Maybe not the best guy to start flaming.
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • BarberianBarberian Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

Seeking attention. >>

Well, when your washing dishes for a job, makin mini, u don't have anyone listening to anything u say cept maybe the rats runnin around in the kitchen... Here on the forum one can become a superhero, thus the evolution(lol) of SuperTick... Lol >>

Tuco, you and CRH, in your writings, have revealed much regarding who is likely more educated and logical and who likely washes dishes for a living.
    3 rim nicks away from Good

• << <i>

Seeking attention. >>

Well, when your washing dishes for a job, makin mini, u don't have anyone listening to anything u say cept maybe the rats runnin around in the kitchen... Here on the forum one can become a superhero, thus the evolution(lol) of SuperTick... Lol >>

Rawteam, your avatar is perfect for you...a stupid angry man. (Unless you are a woman).
    Yawn......
    keceph `anah
  • DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we lock these threads please.
  • drwstr123drwstr123 Posts: 7,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, I'm quite enjoying them.
    Speak as an individual, please.

<< <i>Hey, I'm quite enjoying them.
    Speak as an individual, please. >>

• DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,350 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Hey, I'm quite enjoying them.
    Speak as an individual, please. >>

image >>

If it were a discussion, fine. It's not though, and it's beyond its course of acceptable entertainment here by miles.

How many times doesn't count as vitriol again????

I love me some discussion and back and forth bit-chin, but this is not it for here at all and it's tiring. You guys want it, have fun, keep it in a church setting or in pms, but shut it please.
  • TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,191 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I forgive you. Will you forgive me ?

"MODern Geek, at your service" Bless you my brothers.

HE>I

• BarberianBarberian Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Yawn...... >>

Congrats, Tuco! That's the smartest, most logical thing you've written here!
    3 rim nicks away from Good
  • CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>The religious fundamentalists are the same ones who have it out for me who you are expressing your support for. I remember what you wrote in your previous posts about god/religion and I strongly believe that you would agree with me in a number of topics that the debates have turned into in these threads. >>

Such threads have no place on this forum. Somebody had to say it. >>

+1
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.