Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

2014 CU Fantasy Football - Year 4 (CONGRATS TO PORKINS!!!)

124»

Comments

• Options
    Steve, I agree, it was a lot of fun this year. I must admit though, I was surprised to see you insert Johnny Football over Tannehill, but I can certainly see your thinking there. He was kind of a boom or bust play.

As for you Brendan, looks like the report card was right. They had us at one & two and here we are. I must say though, if my team was fully healthy, I would probably be the underdog. Now with Julio Jones & Kennan Allen injured and Hopkins has no QB to throw him the ball, I don't know what I'm going to do this week?

Anyway, it's been a blast & I would like to thank you all for playing & I hope we have 3 leagues next year.
  • Options
    slum22slum22 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭✭
    Mike,

I definitely out smarted myself with the Johnny Football move. I was in pretty good shape as I had assembled a team with no great QB but good depth at WR and RB. At one point I thought I was strongly positioned as I had Dez and Jeffery as my top 2 WRa and I had stashed Josh Gordon for the entire season to play my flex position (my other WR were Decker and Lafell). I had Gronk for my TE. I figured in the PPR league I was at a big advantage with 3 stud WR and a top 1-2 TE every week. I figured I would only have to start 2 RB's each week. And with Ahmad Bradshaw, Ronnie Hillman, Alfred Morris and a couple other streaming RB options I figured I could find two a week to keep me afloat. My QB's were Carson Palmer (who was awesome when healthy for fantasy purposes) and Tannehill. I felt well positioned heading into the stretch run and then my top 2 RB's and number 1 QB all went down. Of course with you missing Julio Jones this week I can't complain about injuries hurting my team. Good luck next week. Anything can happen but I think You have an uphill fight. Brendan had the strongest team from start to finish this year and would be a deserving champion. Of course, you have reeled off something like 12 straight wins so you are more than deserving to be champion as well. Good luck to both of you and may the best team win. Hopefully you both have great weeks and league B will find the overall bonus championship.
    Steve
  • Options
    Congrats Brendan - good win. Good luck to you and CocoaBeach this weekend for the championship and bring the trophy home for league B!!
    Collecting Topps Baseball: 1966-present base sets
    Topps/OPC Hockey 1966-Present base sets
  • Options
    cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

<< <i>What is it looking like over in League A? >>

CPAMike's Marauders (8-5-0 | 5th) 132.02 over Wrestling Card King (12-1-0 | 1st) 74.58

Porkins (8-5-0 | 2nd) 141.88 over Matt's Hammered (7-6-0 | 6th) 130.70

I'll update the thread as games are played in League A's championship game starting with the Thursday night tilt although I'm not thinking many guys are starting from that matchup.

Good luck to Scott, Brendan, and Mike during championship week!!!
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options
    PorkinsPorkins Posts: 605 ✭✭✭
    Good luck to the guys left over in League B!

And some good luck to you as well, Mike!!
  • Options
    Bump for updates on the Championship games. See bottom of my 1st post on page 1.

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hiya Mike

Merry Christmas!
    Mike
  • Options

<< <i>Hiya Mike

Merry Christmas! >>

Hi Mike,

Merry Christmas to you too!!!

Collecting:
  • Options
    Baez578Baez578 Posts: 967 ✭✭✭
    Had fun playing. Looking forward to next year
  • Options
    Merry Christmas Mike!

Quick update on B championship. I don't want to jinx anything but congrats to Mike (cocoabeachdodgers$) as he has the lead on Brendan (TeamUSSR) in the championship game. The score is 125.58 to 68.06 with cocoabeachdodger$ final and TeamUSSR with D. Thomas WR and C. Barth PK still to go.

In the consolation game both teams are final with my team beating Fusions 132.04 to 107.58.

Congrats to the champions and all those who finished in the money. Big thanks to the commissioners Mike and Brendan. Hope to play again next season.
    Steve
  • Options

<< <i>Had fun playing. Looking forward to next year >>

I'm already preparing my scouting reports for next year. image

Looks like League A will be crowned the ultimate CU Champions. I had a back and forth game today with Scott, but it isn't over until the fat lady sings. I know the pictures will be coming soon. image

In League A, the battle for 3rd place is still undecided but it looks like Matt's Hammered has the edge going into Monday night.

In League B, congratulations to Steve who's Rad Team beat the Fusions (not sure who on CU this is so I apologize for not including your name) by a final score of 132.04 to 107.58. image

Collecting:
  • Options
    brendanb438brendanb438 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭
    My team, Team USSR decided to crap the bed this weekend lead by Andrew Luck's Pro Bowl performance today. Unless Bebe and Barf can combine for the best WR/K week ever in Fantasy Mike will be taking down League B with 125.58 points.
  • Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    All teams in league A had five losses except mine at 12-1 but after putting up a ton of points while I had the first round bye, I put up my two lowest scores the last two weeks by a mile lead by Andrew Luck and Jamaal Charles. 12-1 and 0-2 and thus I earned 4th place........ At least I won the Super Bowl in my other league and went back-to-back in a fourteen team league by winning my last ten games straight. I also squeaked into the playoffs as a 6th seed in another league and it looks like I may pull it off. Pretty strange overall but at least I will be celebrating to some degree.
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options
    Don't want to jinx ya Mike (or do I?) but congrats on a great season and a well earned victory!

It was a blast!
  • Options

<< <i>Don't want to jinx ya Mike (or do I?) but congrats on a great season and a well earned victory!

It was a blast! >>

Your teams are always tough Porkins!
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options

<< <i>Don't want to jinx ya Mike (or do I?) but congrats on a great season and a well earned victory!

It was a blast! >>

The fat lady hasn't sung yet so I'll be glued to the T.V. tonight. My team peaked at the right time, but if Murray wasn't banged up and the Cowboys didn't run away with the game, you would have had me hoping for a Monday night football shootout.

Merry Christmas to you too Steve and congrats again on the 3rd place finish.

I have sent PM's to all the League A guys in the money to verify your paypal address for payment tonight after the Monday night tilt.

Thanks to everyone for a great season and I hope everyone is back for more fun next year!!

Collecting:
  • Options

<< <i>

It was a blast! >>

Your teams are always tough Porkins! >>

Well thanks for that WCK, and ditto!

And by the way thanks for setting up and running it Mike!

Happy Holidays everyone!

• Options

<< <i>

The fat lady hasn't sung yet so I'll be glued to the T.V. tonight. My team peaked at the right time, but if Murray wasn't banged up and the Cowboys didn't run away with the game, you would have had me hoping for a Monday night football shootout. >>

Interesting turn of events on one play, is AJ hurt? Denver D scores!!!!!!
  • Options

It was a blast! >>

It's a ballgame!!!!!!!!! image
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WCK, don't you think you're laying it on a little bit too thick there?

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Not really...it is anyone's game in my opinion....now if I was taunting one team that would be another story........
  • Options
    PS- I'd much rather be in the position of each team than mine right now!
  • Options
    Way to go & congrats to everybody that came in the money, also to everybody that enjoyed playing. It was a lot of fun & of course, a lot of factors are involved in winning these leagues. Some luck, some skill but I want to say that I can not overstate the importance of drafting with the idea of depth at the RB & WR positions. I rarely draft a QB or TE before the 6th round and sometimes much later. Let's start the count down to next year and hopefully we will have at least 3 leagues.imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    Congrats on the win Mike in League B!! I can safely say that LUCK played a big part in me losing to you this week. image

I am sure Andrew corn holed a lot of people in their championships.

Mike won with 125.58 points this week. When I get off tonight I can post a screenshot if that beat League A's top score in the championships.
  • Options
    Despite some of the comments yesterday suggesting it was all but over, Porkins did pull out the win last night in crazy fashion 148.54 to CPA Mike's 146.94. AJ Green let down CPA Mike by getting hit and injured and pulling up with a 0 and Peyton's 4 INTs were huge factors in the loss. Not only did all of that have to happen, but Denver's Defense came up with a TD, INT and fumble recovery to spur the comeback. What is pretty crazy is that Porkins would have went back -4 points in points allowed but since it was the Offense that gave up the TD and not the Defense it was enough for Porkins to win. I had no dog in the fight, but just happy to see how close our championship was playing out over the course of the evening after seventeen weeks of fun. Porkins has had one of the top two teams the last two years during the regular season so he had some karma due his way apparently image
  • Options

<< <i>Despite some of the comments yesterday suggesting it was all but over, Porkins did pull out the win last night in crazy fashion 148.54 to CPA Mike's 146.94. AJ Green let down CPA Mike by getting hit and injured and pulling up a 0 and Peyton's 4 INTs were huge factors in the loss. Not only did all of that have to happen, but Denver's Defense came up with a TD, INT and fumble recovery to spur the comeback. What is pretty crazy is that Porkins would have went back -4 points in points allowed but since it was the Defense Offense that gave up the TD and not the Defense it was enough for Porkins to win. I had no dog in the fight, but just happy to see how close our championship was playing out over the course of the evening after seventeen weeks of fun. Porkins has had one of the top two teams the last two years during the regular season so he had some karma due his way apparently image >>

OMG!! I did not even check the scoreboard to see that this had happened until you posted this. I am in 10+ fantasy leagues each year and was busy keeping track of the ones that I thought I had a chance.

I have never felt so sheepish about putting up a "W." Wow, so sorry that happened, Mike.
  • Options

<< <i>OMG!! I did not even check the scoreboard to see that this had happened until you posted this. I am in 10+ fantasy leagues each year and was busy keeping track of the ones that I thought I had a chance.

I have never felt so sheepish about putting up a "W." Wow, so sorry that happened, Mike. >>

I was right about that fat lady, damn her and Andy f'n Dalton. I knew right away (and my wife can attest to it, LOL) on that pick-6 with A.J. Green getting exposed on that high throw from Andy Dalton, I was in big trouble. For those that watched the game, the kicker was A.J. Green was open later in the game and Andy Dalton threw it high again on him.

Congrats again to Scott (Porkins) on a hard earned victory to claim the overall CU Fantasy Football title. I'd also like to congratulate Mike (CocaBeachDodgers) on his League B championship!!!

Thanks to everyone for making it a fun year this season and looking forward to next year. image

Collecting:
  • Options
    Everyone from League A should have received their payouts from me. Congrats again!!!

Collecting:
  • Options
    Everyone who finished in the money in League B if you can PM me your PayPal email address info again and I will be issuing payouts tonight.

Once I am all settled in I will also start digging through my PMs to find the above info if I haven't heard back from you yet.
  • Options
    Winnings for League B have all been sent out other than for 4th place. Still waiting on the info to send this payment.

I love how PP is messing with me when it comes to gift payments already. I have to now include first name, last name and the country of residence for it to send them out. So far I have paid out around $2k for leagues I ran and PP is probably close to blocking my account all together from gift payments. image
  • Options
    PM just sent Brendan - was on my way back from vacation yesterday. Thanks again for running this and congrats to all the winners!!
  • Options
    Oh yeah - Mike (CocoabeachDodgers) - hell of a run - lost first 2 then ran the table - nice job!!
  • Options
    All of League B has been paid out.

Was a hell of a fun year and looking forward to next season already!
  • Options
    So we doing this again this year? image

Looking forward to the 2 groups again.
  • Options
    I hope so. I am in if we do it again.
    Steve
  • Options
    CocoaBeachDodgersCocoaBeachDodgers Posts: 749 ✭✭✭
    Count me in. It's never too early to start thinking fantasy footballimageimage
  • Options
    You guys might be able to talk me into it again image

Looking forward to it!
  • Options
    Bump.

Almost that time. image