Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

1 Limit per person Kennedy Gold at ANA show ?

2»

Comments

• Options
    drei3reedrei3ree Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭
    How will they enforce a household limit at the ANA?
  • Options
    bestdaybestday Posts: 4,220 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>How will they enforce a household limit at the ANA? >>

your account number .....email address.. ship address
  • Options
    blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,901 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

your account number .....email address.. ship address >>

They have none of that info at the show.
    http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

They have none of that info at the show. >>

which is surprising ,gives the ability to launder money quite easily at the ANA show... using a government entity...... for online ordering ,your info comes into play
  • Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You guys going to the ANA show can make good use of your new MINT BAGS........fill those suckers up.
  • Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,487 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>You guys going to the ANA show can make good use of your new MINT BAGS........fill those suckers up. >>

Given the crime rate in Chicago, I don't think I'd want to be walking the streets carrying one of these "suckers." The real "suckers" would be the people who are carrying them.
    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>You guys going to the ANA show can make good use of your new MINT BAGS........fill those suckers up. >>

Given the crime rate in Chicago, I don't think I'd want to be walking the streets carrying one of these "suckers." The real "suckers" would be the people who are carrying them. >>

if you visit Chicago avoid the south and west sides as the Economist magazine has stated ...they are war zones , The downtown mag mile Michidan Ave shopping idspoluted with stick thugs etc,, as an ANA all Nippon pilot found out last week
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yesterday, I got a rare opportunity to buy a Gold Kennedy ahead of the crowd. I found a source, and I bought 4 of them. I realize that it's not accepted practice to mention this, but I am willing to put a couple of these up on BST prior to the ANA Show, if there is interest in paying me a large premium.

I am a bit confused though, because it was my understanding that the new Gold Kennedys would have a double date. Anyway, here is my huge score:

imageimage

The coin appears to have a burnished proof surface, and there is some serious grease-filled die or strike-through of some sort on the reverse.

I expect some major offers on this baby.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    BurnieBurnie Posts: 436 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Yesterday, I got a rare opportunity to buy a Gold Kennedy ahead of the crowd. I found a source, and I bought 4 of them. I realize that it's not accepted practice to mention this, but I am willing to put a couple of these up on BST prior to the ANA Show, if there is interest in paying me a large premium.

I am a bit confused though, because it was my understanding that the new Gold Kennedys would have a double date. Anyway, here is my huge score:

imageimage

The coin appears to have a burnished proof surface, and there is some serious grease-filled die or strike-through of some sort on the reverse.

I expect some major offers on this baby. >>

Is it Milk or Dark Chocolate?
    BST transactions Wondercoin, MCM, levinll, Zrlevin and ajaan. Been buying and selling coins on E-Bay since 2002 as Monk2580
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Yesterday, I got a rare opportunity to buy a Gold Kennedy ahead of the crowd. I found a source, and I bought 4 of them. I realize that it's not accepted practice to mention this, but I am willing to put a couple of these up on BST prior to the ANA Show, if there is interest in paying me a large premium.

imageimage

Is it Milk or Dark Chocolate? >>

wonder a chocolate mint error ..as in mint flavor.

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it Milk or Dark Chocolate?

I can't say for sure because it's still in the original wrap, but based on the Washington Quarter that I opened yesterday, it's milk chocolate. Without a doubt, this was a sweet deal.image
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    CCC2010CCC2010 Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭

imageimage

SOLD! I was craving for Chocolates this morning... image
    References:Coinsarefun,DerryB,Bloodman,Zubie,Gerard,Skyman,Bestclser1,Lakesammman,Yellowkid,PerryHall,Piecesofme,HTubbs,grote15
    Coinfame,Kaelasdad,Type2,UNLVino,MICHAELDIXON
    Justacommeman,tydye,78saen,123cents,blue62vette,Segoja,Nibanny
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,230 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

Supposedly, that new ordering system that hasn't come will give the mint the ability to link CC used at counters with their online accts. if you have your 5 online, you won't get them at the sales counters using the same info.

Get your 3rd and 4th CC's ready now.
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,230 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>What the mint should do is to offer the coins on-line, with ordering limits, two weeks before they offer them at a show. That way everyone, who really wants a coin, would have a chance to place an order before the show sales.

It would still take weeks or months to get them. In hand is what people want. >>

No it won't if it were done fairly. At the Baltimore show a lot of the coins that were sold there should have been held back and shipped to the people who ordered on-line the first week. There could have sales on Thursday, and when that supply was gone, that should have been it, but it wasn't. The mint sells brought in more coins and sold them at least through Saturday. >>

Mint caters, gives favor to coin dealers .. Why is the Mint still shipping HOF coins 3 months after launch ??....
    many a hot coin gets placed in TPG holders the same week coins go on sale ...sometimes the next day ... any collectors recently get a hot coin delivered that quickly ?
    same will be for the kennedy gold at the ANA show, where dealers and their reps will snare most of the of the coins >>

Check the location of sellers. If they release at sales counters on day 1, they can be on ebay that day by locals or expressed person-to-person for listing the next day.

Now, I have seen pcgs first strikes listed on a Saturday that were released 2 days before on Thursday. Wrap you head around that non-show graded walk through turnaround time.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Supposedly, that new ordering system that hasn't come will give the mint the ability to link CC used at counters with their online accts. if you have your 5 online, you won't get them at the sales counters using the same info.

Get your 3rd and 4th CC's ready now. >>

Or just pay with cash at the show. The Mint still takes that image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Get your 3rd and 4th CC's ready now. >>

Or just pay with cash at the show. The Mint still takes that image >>

Cash sales is why I would be surprised.. if Mint still used a large limit at the show. ....what a money laundering vehicle !!!! ....At 2013 show .. a large dealer bought in excess of 50 Reverse gold buffalos
  • Options
    Coin shows have always been good for that. Easy to make six figures of cash disappear at even a mid-size show with zero paperwork. Much easier at a big show like ANA.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file