Home Precious Metals

Please Maria....not you too.

MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭
I will always be in love with Maria Bartiromo, now on Fox. What mortal man could not.

She was just interviewing fed member James Bullard. He said core CPI is at 1.5%.

Please, please, please, challenge that Maria. She has to know that that number is a fallacy.

Maria just passed over it like a pair of sandals in the $9.99 bin at Kohls.

...another house shill.

Comments

• Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good Morning MGLICKER, it's Sunday morning 11AM, do you know where your money is?
  • BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It must be very frustrating to be smarter and better informed than almost everyone else, including professional economists, bankers, captains of industry, political figures, and TV personalities,
    and be limited to posting the insightful comments to an obscure and thinly viewed precious metals forum. Well, keep up the fight glick, we're here for you! <sob> et tu, Maria, et tu? image

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i liked her until about 3 years ago when she made a mean comment about the working class and them not spending money like they should when they have it. shes off my christmas list
  • mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭

<< <i>It must be very frustrating to be smarter and better informed than almost everyone else, including professional economists, bankers, captains of industry, political figures, and TV personalities,
    and be limited to posting the insightful comments to an obscure and thinly viewed precious metals forum. Well, keep up the fight glick, we're here for you! <sob> et tu, Maria, et tu? image >>

Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just like looking at her........image Cheers, RickO
  • cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,526 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was never a fan of Maria--talks too much.
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Was never a fan of Maria--talks too much.

>>

And her voice is to squeaky.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • LowBudgetLowBudget Posts: 383 ✭✭
    it's still an idiot box
    "I'm dropping my standards so that I can buy more"
  • piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    She's queen of the financial talking heads is what it amounts to. I equate mainstream media to a politician because ultimately that's who's pulling the strings of the mainstream media. I feel sorry for your misguided soul if you feel otherwise.
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,072 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>It must be very frustrating to be smarter and better informed than almost everyone else, including professional economists, bankers, captains of industry, political figures, and TV personalities,
    and be limited to posting the insightful comments to an obscure and thinly viewed precious metals forum. Well, keep up the fight glick, we're here for you! <sob> et tu, Maria, et tu? image >>

Markets and public opinion are controlled by perception. Control perception, you control the market and the the public opinion. Washington knows this better than anyone. People like Bullard and Susan Rice are marched out in front of the cameras on their day off for a reason. People like Maria not only give them the platform but help to create the mirage. The big media are mouthpieces for the big corporations that own them - they have an agenda. Media personalities are no different than the political puppets whose strings are pulled by these corporations. Corporate America - it's that simple.

"Freedom of the press belongs to those that own one."

Investigative journalism has unfortunately moved off of the evening news and off of the front page. This is why the role of the independent commentator/journalist/blogger is more important than ever. The internet has become the only venue available to them. Whether right or wrong they keep alive the questioning attitude. With enough attitudes asking the same question the mainstream media is eventually forced to help seek answers.

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

• VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>
    Markets and public opinion are controlled by perception. Control perception, you control the market and the the public opnion. Washington knows this better than anyone. People like Bullard and Susan Rice are marched out in front of the cameras on their day off for a reason. People like Maria not only give them the platform but help to create the mirage. The big media are mouthpieces for the big corporations that own them - they have an agenda. Media personalities are no different than the political puppets whose strings are pulled by these corporations. Corporate America - it's that simple.

"Freedom of the press belongs to those that own one." >>

Well put. The media today is a complete joke but they must be subservient to their masters. A decade from now we'll look back and see much, much more.

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,072 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The FED in particular has a policy of saying nothing publicly without it being well scripted and designed to serve their purpose. I question all of their comments with "why do they want me to believe this?"

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

• pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,503 ✭✭✭
    Look what has happened to 60 minutes. After all the originals all died out, so did the show. HBOs VICE is probably the best news show on now for investigative reporting.
  • jrt103jrt103 Posts: 419 ✭✭✭
    kelly evans is cuter anyways
  • CrackoutCrackout Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it just me, or does Maria always look like she's got the flu?image
  • bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

Maria is god awful . If you insist on looking at women on CNBC there is Amanda Drury (dumb like Maria) and Kayla Tausche (surprisingly sharp) .

There is also Sara Eisen (I previously thought she was sharp) who in an amazingly dumb move left Bloomberg to go to CNBC .

CNBC is the HMS titanic and the icebergs are closing inimage
  • ArizonaJackArizonaJack Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭
    CNBC has two shows that I like, Shark Tank and The Profit.
    Martha McCallum is the hottie on FOX
    " YOU SUCK " Awarded 5/18/08
  • roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭

Surely "they" all know that the CPI calculated today has little in common with the one from 1980 (ie major revisions in 1983 and then the early to mid 1990's). What has changed so much that CPI required so much modification
    to tell us what our cost of living is? I think it was a matter of changing fact into perception. It's easier to change perception via the media.....it's a lot harder to change the facts. Hard to believe that the mathematics I studied
    in the mid-1970's was incapable of properly defining the CPI - 10 to 20 years later. I'd bet Gauss, Euler, Newton, and Fibonacci would be surprised too. image
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭✭

I admire all of the preening forum silver back's on this forum smacking each other with their stalks of sugar can. Nice teeth guys!
    I use the WSCMI to gauge prices. That is the Wendy's Single Combo Meal Index. I have been going to Wendys since the 1970's.
    The price of a WSCM was $3.99 5 years ago, now it is $5.99 and 5 yr ago one was size Medium. Now medium size is an extra .65!

You guys can debate your seasonally adjusted voodoo...its fascinating to witness the arguments of our board leaders.

I am just going to keep going to Wendy's about once a month for my own report.

Loves me some shiny!
  • bidaskbidask Posts: 13,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maria and yours truly New York Stock Exchange June 2011.image

I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

• DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Look what has happened to 60 minutes. After all the originals all died out, so did the show. HBOs VICE is probably the best news show on now for investigative reporting. >>

This.

I've said it before. As a degreed journalist and ex cnn editor/producer, the entire essence of the news industry has changed and I am glad I have not been in the field in almost 20 years. At least I finished off in sports and was away from most of that crapola. TW/AOL buying up cnn was just about the pinpoint beginning of the end.
  • MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Maria and yours truly New York Stock Exchange June 2011.image

image >>

image Lucky man!
  • VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Maria and yours truly New York Stock Exchange June 2011.image >>

Maria never looked so good! image

But seriously bidask, that is a nice photo. image