Options
She's A Bad Mama Jama... Largest Known SAC $1 Broadstruck Mint Error
Broadstruck
Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
Never photographed this one with my DSLR before and figured I'd share 
There's only a few broadstrike, partial collar, and off center errors known for the SAC $1 series and this one well She's a Bad Mama Jama
2000-P SAC $1 PCGS MS67 Large Uncentered Broadstrike Mint Error

There's only a few broadstrike, partial collar, and off center errors known for the SAC $1 series and this one well She's a Bad Mama Jama
2000-P SAC $1 PCGS MS67 Large Uncentered Broadstrike Mint Error

To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
0
Comments
Why do you think there are so few Sac errors of those types? They made a jillion of the things...
What is your theory?
<< <i>Wow -- that is so cool Broadstruck.
Why do you think there are so few Sac errors of those types? They made a jillion of the things...
What is your theory? >>
Thanks the mints started experimenting with usage of the Schuler presses around 1999 and most major mechanical errors since this press was adopted have seized entering the marketplace. Some errors might occur during initial die set-up, but more then the newer vertical presses it's the screening process that has eliminated errors escaping the mint. Even smaller denominations such as Lincoln errors have dried up and are almost nonexistent.
<< <i>
<< <i>Wow -- that is so cool Broadstruck.
Why do you think there are so few Sac errors of those types? They made a jillion of the things...
What is your theory? >>
Thanks the mints started experimenting with usage of the Schuler presses around 1999 and most major mechanical errors since this press was adopted have seized entering the marketplace. Some errors might occur during initial die set-up, but more then the newer vertical presses it's the screening process that has eliminated errors escaping the mint. Even smaller denominations such as Lincoln errors have dried up and are almost nonexistent. >>
After 2009, the broadstrike errors would also just not exist on SACs as the struck oversized planchet would not make it through the 2nd edge lettering part of the process at that increased size.
Cool error Broadstruck.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
My sets: [290+ horse coins] :: [France Sowers] :: [Colorful world copper] :: [Beautiful world coins]
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
<< <i>After 2009, the broadstrike errors would also just not exist on SACs as the struck oversized planchet would not make it through the 2nd edge lettering part of the process at that increased size. >>
Actually there are quite a few broadstruck or multistruck pres and native dollars that are much larger in diameter than a normal coin and these pieces have simply been released without the edge lettering. I dont know if they missed the lettering step altogether or the machine somehow lets the coin pass without putting the edge lettering on. Then again, maybe they came through the back door as so many missing edge lettering dollars have.
<< <i>
<< <i>After 2009, the broadstrike errors would also just not exist on SACs as the struck oversized planchet would not make it through the 2nd edge lettering part of the process at that increased size. >>
Actually there are quite a few broadstruck or multistruck pres and native dollars that are much larger in diameter than a normal coin and these pieces have simply been released without the edge lettering. I dont know if they missed the lettering step altogether or the machine somehow lets the coin pass without putting the edge lettering on. Then again, maybe they came through the back door as so many missing edge lettering dollars have. >>
I should have said, the broadstrike errors should not exist from 2009 or after for the Sacagawea's. I always assumed there was some sort of mechanism built into the edge lettering presses that would throw out coins of too large a diameter. As you mentioned though, I'm sure these make it out by less than legal means.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
My sets: [290+ horse coins] :: [France Sowers] :: [Colorful world copper] :: [Beautiful world coins]
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
<< <i> it's the screening process that has eliminated errors escaping the mint. Even smaller denominations such as Lincoln errors have dried up and are almost nonexistent. >>
Employing all those illegal aliens.....
<< <i>Nice, but isn't this too new for you? >>
I actually have always liked the SAC $1 design.
<< <i>I actually have always liked the SAC $1 design. >>
It is a great design. The reverse is the most attractive design on a circulating coin since the early 20th Century classics.
<< <i>
<< <i>I actually have always liked the SAC $1 design. >>
It is a great design. The reverse is the most attractive design on a circulating coin since the early 20th Century classics. >>
I've always felt the same... As I think it's the best dollar design since 1935.
This is as far as I managed to get and I need to still photograph the group.
As to the musical selection, it made me want to listen to the Gap Band, for some reason.
Collector since 1976. On the CU forums here since 2001.
<< <i>
<< <i>
<< <i>I actually have always liked the SAC $1 design. >>
It is a great design. The reverse is the most attractive design on a circulating coin since the early 20th Century classics. >>
I've always felt the same... As I think it's the best dollar design since 1935. >>
But, considering the competition, that isn't saying a lot
BHNC #203
<< <i>I've always felt the same... As I think it's the best dollar design since 1935. >>
That's not a very high bar.
See http://www.doubledimes.com for a free online reference for US twenty-cent pieces
Sometimes, it’s better to be LUCKY than good. 🍀 🍺👍
My Full Walker Registry Set (1916-1947):
https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive-sets/16292/