Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Old style coin boards from the 1930's ... with a digital twist

WingedLiberty1957WingedLiberty1957 Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
I always loved these old style Coin Boards from the 1930's. I think they were made to hang (perhaps even frame). This one below was called the "Lincoln Penny Collector".

I thought I would try my hand at making a digital version of this old and somewhat famous coin board -- and then toss in a few of my favorite Lincoln Cents from my collection, from my friend Robec's collection, and a few other assorted gems from others -- just to show how this might look partially filled. Note that all coin face images are resized TrueView photos (shot by Phil Arnold). (So only a few of the coins below are actually mine -- they are simply shown as sample hole fillers).

Most of us cut our teeth at pushing coins into coin folders or albums, which is why I think this format appeals to me.

A few downsides: 1.) this layout only allows one side to be displayed at a time; 2.) the overall coinboard image width is 1100 pixels which is good for web (forum) display, but with as many as 9 coins across, the coin face is limited to 100x100 pixels, which doesn't allow a lot of detail. Still I think it's cool looking.

Comments

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file