Home Precious Metals

'bout bloom'n time ......

Silver Baron
Silver is the mortar that binds the bricks of loyalty.

Comments

• mhammermanmhammerman Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭
    Hopefully, everybody was able to stock up during the lull.
  • piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    Really? Not even 1 full day of trading and some think this is the launching pad?
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Really? Not even 1 full day of trading and some think this is the launching pad? >>

I agree. Tomorrow may be more like the Challenger.
  • gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Really? Not even 1 full day of trading and some think this is the launching pad? >>

image someone missed the dipimage
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,072 ✭✭✭✭✭

Probably not for those holding high dollar collector silver.

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

Watch the b-tard penny pinchers start taking their miniscule profit and fall back <$20. I'm hope I'm wrong as I love, absolutely love the volitility, but have seen this countless times. Why should this time be any different from a longer term perspective?

<< <i>Watch the b-tard penny pinchers start taking their miniscule profit and fall back <$20. I'm hope I'm wrong as I love, absolutely love the volitility, but have seen this countless times. Why should this time be any different from a longer term perspective? >>

Looks like I'll be pinching nickels this time around.

Probably not for those holding high dollar collector silver

Why would any collector of high premium collectible silver care what Spot is doing. That type of collector is going to pay whatever the market is bringing ffor that particular piece at any given time.

Looks like I'll be pinching nickels this time around

Not possible, the math doesn't add up from recent lows even if timed perfectly at the absolute bottom.
  • fishcookerfishcooker Posts: 3,446 ✭✭
    *the* dip?

<< <i>Probably not for those holding high dollar collector silver

Why would any collector of high premium collectible silver care what Spot is doing. That type of collector is going to pay whatever the market is bringing ffor that particular piece at any given time.

Looks like I'll be pinching nickels this time around

Not possible, the math doesn't add up from recent lows even if timed perfectly at the absolute bottom. >>

More than possible. My broker's math shows a gain of 16.48% today alone on USLV and a 27.8% gain on what was purchased 5/30. As I have tried to stress many times there is money to be made (or lost) playing the short term market's volatility with paper products. You don't have to be just a physical stacker or just a paper player, you can be both.

*the* dip?

thank you, that's what I'm saying. What happened to going down to $5 again which has been the sentiment here as of late? Now that would've been a dip LOL.

Down to $18 and back to $20.50 is decent. but the time spent holding any insignificant amount is/was pointless. If thousands of oz's were being held within that range, I hope they have sense enough to sell today. Some wont though. For every person who still thinks it's going down to $5, there's at least one that thinks it's going to go to $50 again, which for a currently 35 year old person has happened twice (and I doubt they were in heavy at age 1). I guess some have more patience than I. lol
    Perhaps as importantly, CRB index now within a point (1/3%) of its 12 month high.
  • BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,971 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Watch the b-tard penny pinchers start taking their miniscule profit and fall back <$20. I'm hope I'm wrong as I love, absolutely love the volitility, but have seen this countless times. Why should this time be any different from a longer term perspective? >>

What's a reasonable profit on a roll of ASEs?
    My broker's math shows a gain of 27.8% on USLV that was purchased 5/30

Show me where it was posted here that this was done by you and I will stfu and ask for a towel to wipe the egg off of my face. image
  • bestmrbestmr Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭
    I actually hope it goes down. More bang for my eBay bucks come July's payout. image
    Positive dealing with oilstates2003, rkfish, Scrapman1077, Weather11am, Guitarwes, Twosides2acoin, Hendrixkat, Sevensteps, CarlWohlforth, DLBack, zug, wildjag, tetradrachm, tydye, NotSure, AgBlox, Seemyauction, Stopmotion, Zubie, Fivecents, Musky1011, Bstat1020, Gsa1fan several times, and Mkman123 LOTS of times
  • GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,347 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gold up $40,,,,,, Silver up a buck,,,,,,

we can only hope for more golbal turmoil image

GrandAm image
    GrandAm :)

<< <i>My broker's math shows a gain of 27.8% on USLV that was purchased 5/30

Show me where it was posted here that this was done by you and I will stfu and ask for a towel to wipe the egg off of my face. image >>

Last time I took credit for some good fortune you publicly called me a liar. I have not since posted my specific trades but just to get you to stfu here's a screenshot of one of five USLV purchases, using five accounts, that occured on 5/30. To everyone else, my apologies for having to stoop to this level.

Nice score, Derry!!!

<< <i>Nice score, Derry!!!

image >>

Some days peanuts, some days shells. I get my share of shells.

• .......................... and here I was just hoping that we could all enjoy the moment.

Silver Baron
    Silver is the mortar that binds the bricks of loyalty.
  • jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,289 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why should this time be any different from a longer term perspective?

It's not. Keep stackin'. Nice call, derryb.image
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gutsy call, congratulations, but it wasn't necessary to post the proof. I for one, have always believed you and took your advise, to stick with ASE's or 90% silver US COins and eliminate the common bullion junk. btw, I've added the 5 oz pucks to that list.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
    Nice call derryb. Sorry to call you out, that's a bad on my part and a lessoned learned. I can admit a wrong doing having had many opportunities to do so. image

Feel free to insert cheap shots here________________________________. I kind of deserve this one.

For the record, I think this is yet another head fake. I am not buying generic to add to the long term stack, but am always buying collector caliber items.
  • OperationButterOperationButter Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
    2 monster box profit. Grats! image
    Gold is for savings. Fiat is for transactions.

BST Transactions (as the seller): Collectall, GRANDAM, epcjimi1, wondercoin, jmski52, wheathoarder, jay1187, jdsueu, grote15, airplanenut, bigole
  • BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay, the value of my silver is back to where it was when it was this price one of the other times before.

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,289 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Late to today's party, I stacked some Spouses after the spike anyhow. The dollars that I rescued are grateful.image
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • mhammermanmhammerman Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭
    "btw, I've added the 5 oz pucks to that list."

I've been enjoying my pucks, they are pretty nice for stacking. I'm going to get some more.
  • mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭
    Who is in on DSLV now?
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • mikliamiklia Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭
    dude, I've seen a shop or two in my day, and that's totally shopped bro. last login 2009! image

great score derry, and well done owning it PoM.

• WingsruleWingsrule Posts: 2,977 ✭✭✭✭
    POTD!

<< <i>dude, I've seen a shop or two in my day, and that's totally shopped bro. last login 2009! image >>

Last login directly into account shown was 2009. Since then all five accounts were linked to one account and access to all is gained by logging into just that one account, not this one. This allows one to move from account to account without having to log into and out of each account every time one switches accounts. All I have to do is use the "change accounts" box in upper left corner of image, another reason I like this particular on-line broker. FWIW I don't have and have never used the Photoshop program. All of my digital imaging is done using the simple shareware Picasa program. (Correction to earlier post: the USLV was purchased on 5/27, the transaction settled on 5/30.)

Friday's price action will tell us a whole lot about the short term outlook. Overnight action held strength, a good sign. Bumpy ride ahead?

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It will be interesting to see what gold closes at today...... Cheers, RickO
  • cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,526 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>It will be interesting to see what gold closes at today...... Cheers, RickO >>

Why? You have stated you are a long term holder. What does todays closing price mean to you?
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

<< <i>

<< <i>It will be interesting to see what gold closes at today...... Cheers, RickO >>

Why? You have stated you are a long term holder. What does todays closing price mean to you? >>

Today's closing price will be an ink spot on next year's chart. You of all people should see the value in that.

• mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

Why? You have stated you are a long term holder. What does todays closing price mean to you? >>

Good question......Ricko?
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more