Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

One of the most bizarre things I've seen on ebay

Comments

• Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It must be legit. While the website is "UNDER CONSTRUCTIONS", just call and "Ask For pedro he will hele you to make you with any , again your satisfaction is our top priority"

He'll "hele" you with your coin "CALLECTION" image

If you look at the other auctions, they even have their own photo seal for TPG coins...

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• Options
    But then again, he's got 100% feedback for what it's worth.......

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,203 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ebay ...
    where sellers go to promote their business off ebay.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,863 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It looks a like a lot of work went into that catalog.

The back of the catalog says the following and the phone number matches the eBay listing.

<< <i>PEDRAM Collection Catalog #1
    P.N.G.M. Gallery
    P.N.G.M.
    4674 Seibert Ave
    St. Louis, MO 63123
    Phone: (314) 489-5839
    P.STARSBP@YAHOO.COM >>

It appears they also used to have a website at earlycoin.com.

Google shows:

<< <i>Pedram Coins Collection - About Us / Contact Us
    www.earlycoin.com/About-Us---Contact-Us.html‎
    Pedram Coins Collection - P.N.G.M Greatest Early Dollars Collection ... 4674 SEIBERT AVE. ST,LOUIS MO63123. Hours: Mon - Fri: 9AM - 5PM Sat&SUN: 10AM ... >>

• Options
    BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,867 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks to me like the same buyers bought the same coins a few times when glancing through feedback.

I wouldn't touch this with a 10ft pole.
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,373 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I lived near that neighborhood a long time ago. I might swing by sometime to take a look. I think it's all brick bungalow residential there. Looks like it might have changed since then.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    krankykranky Posts: 8,709 ✭✭✭
    I note the assemblage of logos on the front of the catalog includes PNG. I don't see anyone with that name listed on the PNG site as a member. Puffery is one thing, but outright misrepresentation is another.

And is there no regulation that limits the number of different fonts one may use on a single page? That catalog cover is burning my eyes.

New collectors, please educate yourself before spending money on coins; there are people who believe that using numismatic knowledge to rip the naïve is what this hobby is all about.

• Options
    magikbillymagikbilly Posts: 6,780

<< <i>real? or scam? >>

Real Scam? image

Eric
  • Options

<< <i>Looks to me like the same buyers bought the same coins a few times when glancing through feedback. >>

I thought the same thing. The feedback looks fluffed up.

• Options
    I don't see anyone with that name listed on the PNG site as a member.

What name? The gallery or business name? Might him or her be registered as an individual and still be allowed to use the logo? I don't know any of the customs of the organization just wondering.

I tend to think this is a legitimate enterprise. Maybe someone who normally sells the old fashioned way and hired some "web" people who don't have a real good ability to instill confidence with their spelling etc.
  • Options
    rkfishrkfish Posts: 2,617 ✭✭✭
    that picture of the bourse floor is from the GNA or BRNA show.......they use the same facility.
    Steve

Check out my PQ selection of Morgan & Peace Dollars, and more at:
    WWW.PQDOLLARS.COM or WWW.GILBERTCOINS.COM
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,839 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Real entertaining. Beyond that, unreal.
  • Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,110 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If that is one of the most bizarre things you've seen on eBay. . .

You've got to get out and cruise eBay more often!

peacockcoins

• Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Want to buy a Bridge comes to mind.
  • Options
    piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    wth? image
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • Options
    krankykranky Posts: 8,709 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I don't see anyone with that name listed on the PNG site as a member.

What name? The gallery or business name? Might him or her be registered as an individual and still be allowed to use the logo? I don't know any of the customs of the organization just wondering.

I tend to think this is a legitimate enterprise. Maybe someone who normally sells the old fashioned way and hired some "web" people who don't have a real good ability to instill confidence with their spelling etc. >>

As far as I know, PNG membership is only individuals, not companies. I looked through the list of all US-based PNG members and none had a name even close to the name on the cover of the catalog where it says "Selections by Pedram ________" (couldn't read the last name in the ebay photo).

New collectors, please educate yourself before spending money on coins; there are people who believe that using numismatic knowledge to rip the naïve is what this hobby is all about.

• Options
    ColonelJessupColonelJessup Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try an even more refreshing change of pace. AKA - You've got to get out more.. . image

Some of the things offered for sale on Craigslist that can be located with the search term "weird-ass" will forever change the boundaries of your conceptualization of "bizarre". Be sure to delete your browser search cache contents after your "research".

I have to ask. Was it the Cinco de Mayo "the sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world" bacchanal or did you just get "bored"?

TDN comes a courting to the siren call of the 'Bay. Now that's a real Walk on the Wild Side. . . . image

I hope you've been getting your shots. . . . image

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - Geo. Orwell
  • Options
    ALERT: BUMP THREAD: Monday May 05, 2014 9:34 PM

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,203 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ha!

Not an attractive coin, though.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    They must be getting more legit as they have their own stickers now.

imageimage
  • Options
    djdilliodondjdilliodon Posts: 1,938 ✭✭

<< <i>They must be getting more legit as they have their own stickers now.

imageimage >>

Its seems now a days everyone has there own sticker and thinks it increases the value by 100% image
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In scanning through that collage of seemingly impressive bust coinage, most of them to me look dipped, cleaned, or AT'd. It ain't Pogue.
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file