If you had Indican Cent would you rather have a Photo Seal or CAC

Assuming you can only have one.

I vote Photo Seal

Comments

• joebb21joebb21 Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally CAC sticker.

may the fonz be with you...always...
  • rkprkp Posts: 430 ✭✭✭
    In general, IMHO I think the market would prefer a CAC sticker. However, Rick has probably looked at more Indian cents and in greater detail than anybody else in that grading room, so they should[i/] prefer a photo seal.
  • WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a collector, I'd want and probably pay extra for Rick's opinion.
    We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • fivecentsfivecents Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When it comes to Indian cents I choose Rick's Photo Seal over CAC. By a long shot.image
  • illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>When it comes to Indian cents I choose Rick's Photo Seal over CAC. By a long shot.image >>

Yep! image
  • PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,301 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought I read somewhere on the forums that JA said that the Eagle Eye sticker would automatically get the CAC sticker. I may be mistaken though.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• coindudeonebaycoindudeonebay Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I thought I read somewhere on the forums that JA said that the Eagle Eye sticker would automatically get the CAC sticker. I may be mistaken though. >>

That used to be the case but is no longer. I recently heard of some Indians that were sent to CAC with photo seal and were not CAC'd. So that being said, which would bring more money and therefore be more desirable?
  • TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I CAN't decide with INDICAN CENTS image

Try PCGS for grading. Rick Snow for buying/selling/assessing/appraising/identifying and grading. CAC for making sure they both got it down to a science and approve it.

It's just a coin. How complex is that ?
  • ArizonaJackArizonaJack Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭
    Photo seal by a mile
    " YOU SUCK " Awarded 5/18/08
  • MidLifeCrisisMidLifeCrisis Posts: 10,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since both are widely accepted in the market and both seem to enhance the sell - ability of the coin, I think it's a wash. I'd take either as long as the coin is deserving.

In other words, I care more about the coin than the sticker.
  • SonorandesertratSonorandesertrat Posts: 5,695 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Photo seal by a mile >>

Yep
    Member: EAC, NBS, C4, CWTS, ANA

RMR: 'Wer, wenn ich schriee, hörte mich denn aus der Engel Ordnungen?'

CJ: 'No one!' [Ain't no angels in the coin biz]
  • tradedollarnuttradedollarnut Posts: 20,146 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whichever's bids are higher when I decided to sell...
  • BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,427 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My experience would favor Photo Seal. I have never seen an Indian cent with that endorse that I did not like.
    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Whichever's bids are higher when I decided to sell... >>

Ditto.
    All coins kept in bank vaults.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
    SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!
  • PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,301 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I thought I read somewhere on the forums that JA said that the Eagle Eye sticker would automatically get the CAC sticker. I may be mistaken though. >>

That used to be the case but is no longer. I recently heard of some Indians that were sent to CAC with photo seal and were not CAC'd. So that being said, which would bring more money and therefore be more desirable? >>

I wonder if Rick ever got any CAC coins that he wouldn't photo-seal.image

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• coindudeonebaycoindudeonebay Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭
    ^^^ That would be interesting to know....
  • MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭
    Photo Seal is my choice.
  • BryceMBryceM Posts: 11,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My priorities would be:

A - a coin that I like.
    B - PCGS grade, assuming I agree with it
    C - PS
    D - CAC

But why not have all four?
  • OldIndianNutKaseOldIndianNutKase Posts: 2,700 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For IHC PhotoSeal is by far the better choice.

OINK
  • BGBG Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My choice:

• PTVETTERPTVETTER Posts: 5,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm thinking CAC, because Rick has a personal intrest in the photo seal coins.

CAC has no intrest in the coin, only the quality.

Again grading is SOOOO subjective, isn't it.?
    Pat Vetter,Mercury Dime registry set,1938 Proof set registry,Pat & BJ Coins:724-325-7211

• barberkeysbarberkeys Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a marketing tool, or as an indication of quality?

Vern
    l
    It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got.
  • JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Without sounding like to much like Switzerland either would work for me. If you put a gun to my head and I had to pick one, probably CAC.

MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
    Rick backs his "subjectivity" with a buy back and has seen more friggin gem Indians and FE's than any human on the planet. I can't believe this is even a question.
  • EagleEyeEagleEye Posts: 7,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Jack and others. Photo Seal is only for flying eagle and Indian cents. Both CAC and Photo Seal is important for full red coins because the color is guaranteed. Beyond that, both are important for getting correctly graded coins that will have eager buyers in the future. Believe it or not, I am stricter on coins that I Photo Seal from my own inventory that those that are shipped to me for the service.

As for PTVETTERS comparison, both CAC and Photo Seal buy and sell coins they sticker - that is the main reason for doing it. I can't make buy offers on PCGS and NGC coins based on the what has gotten holdered over the past 25 years.
    Rick Snow, Eagle Eye Rare Coins, Inc.Check out my new web site:
  • crypto79crypto79 Posts: 8,623

<< <i> both CAC and Photo Seal buy and sell coins they sticker - that is the main reason for doing it. I can't make buy offers on PCGS and NGC coins based on the what has gotten holdered over the past 25 years. >>

Such a simple and logical concept I will never know why people have such a hard time grasping it.

I would chose photo seal because as Billjones said (i have never seen a marginal PS coin) but really either is fine. I do have more faith currently that CAC has a shot of maintaining a busniess modle post JA, not sure if any warrantee goes when RS retires.
  • Wabbit2313Wabbit2313 Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>. Believe it or not, I am stricter on coins that I Photo Seal from my own inventory that those that are shipped to me for the service.

>>

This quote can't be good for consistency. So which coins were from your inventory, and which ones are less of a coin since they were not in your inventory?
  • AMRCAMRC Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Whichever's bids are higher when I decided to sell... >>

MLAeBayNumismatics: "The greatest hobby in the world!"
  • EagleEyeEagleEye Posts: 7,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This quote can't be good for consistency. So which coins were from your inventory, and which ones are less of a coin since they were not in your inventory?

I think you read into that statement a different meaning. I am not easier on my own coins was the intent of the statement.
    Rick Snow, Eagle Eye Rare Coins, Inc.Check out my new web site:
    ' I do have more faith currently that CAC has a shot of maintaining a busniess modle post JA, not sure if any warrantee goes when RS retires.'

Good point, but I have seen many CAC FE and IHC pieces that I did not care for. I haven't yet seen one PS coin that I thought was overgraded. The PS sticker does have enough cachet that other dealers have noted it in marketing coins in their inventories.

• Wabbit2313Wabbit2313 Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>This quote can't be good for consistency. So which coins were from your inventory, and which ones are less of a coin since they were not in your inventory?

I think you read into that statement a different meaning. I am not easier on my own coins was the intent of the statement. >>

Gotcha, it sounded like you are saying you don't grade all the coins under the same standards. Customer submitted coins are forgiven more than your own.

Cheers!
  • jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,583 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have to agree with the majority. I have seen a few CAC Indian and flyers that were marginal, but every coin with a photo seal, I have liked.

I have a 56 flyer rick photo sealed for me as well as had pcgs s-3 label it. I often thought about sending it to cac, but haven't yet

Jim
  • ThePennyLadyThePennyLady Posts: 4,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    From a marketing standpoint, my Flying Eagle/Indian cent customers hands down prefer Photo Seal coins over CAC - Photo Seal has been around for many many years, and they sell better than even CAC FE/Indian cents in my experience.
    Charmy HarkerThe Penny Lady®
  • LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Photo-Seal, hands up. image

What's the "hands down" supposed to mean.......... image Charmy, since you're posting, does that mean the Tukwilla show is slow?? image
    "My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Of course, photo seal. Rick is stricter than CAC. If you look at his web-site, you can find coins with CAC sticker but not photo-sealed....
  • DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No brainer.....Photo Seal!
  • BurksBurks Posts: 1,103
    If I have no intentions of ever selling it, Photo Seal all day. He's the leading expert in these coins, who better to say "Yup, this thing is the real deal for grade blah blah blah".

Buying to resell? CAC all the way.
    WTB: Eric Plunk cards, jersey (signed or unsigned), and autographs. Basically anything related to him

Positive BST: WhiteThunder (x2), Ajaan, onefasttalon, mirabela, Wizard1, cucamongacoin, mccardguy1

Negative BST: NONE!
  • orevilleoreville Posts: 11,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Photo seal in a close vote.

All of my Indians hsve both PS and CAC.
    A Collectors Universe poster since 1997!
  • WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you kidding??? Photo Seal!

WS
    Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.
  • tightbudgettightbudget Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭
    Photo Seal. No question.
  • jcpingjcping Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭
    I choose Rick's Photo Seal over CAC too. To be honest, this is a no brainer. image
    an SLQ and Ike dollars lover
  • ThePennyLadyThePennyLady Posts: 4,439 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Photo-Seal, hands up. image

What's the "hands down" supposed to mean.......... image Charmy, since you're posting, does that mean the Tukwilla show is slow?? image >>

It was nice seeing you at the show! I'm sure you know the Tukwila show has been very active with a nice crowd most of the day, but as you also know, most shows are slow by 3 or 4, so that's when I either go shopping for more coins or catch up on communication. I did the shopping first, then turned to the computer!
    Charmy HarkerThe Penny Lady®

<< <i>From a marketing standpoint, my Flying Eagle/Indian cent customers hands down prefer Photo Seal coins over CAC - Photo Seal has been around for many many years, and they sell better than even CAC FE/Indian cents in my experience. >>

I really wish Rick did Lincolns.

<< <i>

<< <i>From a marketing standpoint, my Flying Eagle/Indian cent customers hands down prefer Photo Seal coins over CAC - Photo Seal has been around for many many years, and they sell better than even CAC FE/Indian cents in my experience. >>

I really wish Rick did Lincolns. >>

I really wish he did large cents--his office is a 30 min drive from my house.

• goodmoney4badmoneygoodmoney4badmoney Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

I really wish he did large cents--his office is a 30 min drive from my house. >>

I wish he did errors, his shop is only 5 minutes from my place!

• << <i>

<< <i>

I really wish he did large cents--his office is a 30 min drive from my house. >>

I agree but you can only be an expert in so many things
  • CatbertCatbert Posts: 6,549 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm resurrecting this thread for Realone and others that was from May of last year. I'm not able to create a hyperlink to place this in the other thread. I'm making a point that it isn't an automatic thing for CAC to sticker EE designated Indians.
    "Got a flaming heart, can't get my fill"
    I'm resurrecting this thread for Realone and others that was from May of last year. I'm not able to create a hyperlink to place this in the other thread. I'm making a point that it isn't an automatic thing for CAC to sticker EE designated Indians.
    bump

re his mistaken point that CAC automatically stickers EE Indians

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file