RelaxnRelaxn Posts: 866 ✭✭✭✭

thoughts?

Comments

• crypto79crypto79 Posts: 8,623
    Nice coin
  • WTCGWTCG Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭
    Coin looks fine to me.
    Follow me on Twitter @wtcgroup
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • RelaxnRelaxn Posts: 866 ✭✭✭✭
    So, the toning being absent in the fields but very apparent all around the fields is original? Specifically, the obverse field under "OF AMERICA"?

I do not have an image host account so not able to crop and re-post. Sorry.

• RollermanRollerman Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The toning looks o.k., but what about all the bumps? My guess is rusted obverse die....or is it just my monitor?
    Pete
    "Ain't None of Them play like him (Bix Beiderbecke) Yet."
    Louis Armstrong
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still a newb at 10k posts.

This isn't post dipped and retoned?

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • NotSureNotSure Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The toning looks o.k., but what about all the bumps? My guess is rusted obverse die....or is it just my monitor?
    Pete >>

I was going to ask that same question. Looks like the bumps on a Lincoln that have those trapped gas bubbles, from a defective planchet. But, seeing how it's 90% silver, could it be from that? Though, we DO see it on other silver coins from that era, and it IS caused by rusted dies. My first thought was, 'It looks like those Lincolns with the trapped gas bubbles', but given it's silver, wasn't sure if that was possible. COULD that happen to a silver coin, or is it always a matter of rusted dies, when that bubbling appears (if a rusted die, they can't be gas bubbles)????
    I'll come up with something.
  • Big picture! Get Photobucket etc.
    Rusted dies (recall as "common" on CC mint?)
    Looks dipped and with natural old retone IMO

What is going on with the right field - the seeming depression and the mangled elbow/knee?

Eric
  • 3keepSECRETif2rDEAD3keepSECRETif2rDEAD Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice Coin!

Erik
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
    is that a no line fatty holder?

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • 3keepSECRETif2rDEAD3keepSECRETif2rDEAD Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>is that a no line fatty holder? >>

Absolutely it is image

Erik
  • So that odd area is rust, late die state and/or die fatigue?

Eric
  • Cool coin, rusted die, no line fatty....
  • kazkaz Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭✭✭
    imo, the toning looks like old, post-dip album color. Nice!
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minimal tarnish... overall nice coin....Cheers, RickO
  • joebb21joebb21 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Post dip sulfur retoned.

the 76-cc dime is known to be plagued with rusted dies. See this example from the gardner collection
    link
    may the fonz be with you...always...
  • TiborTibor Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    After seeing the Gardner coin I can't imagine a grade of 67. My
    grade would more in the line of 62.
  • AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>The toning looks o.k., but what about all the bumps? My guess is rusted obverse die....or is it just my monitor?
    Pete >>

I was going to ask that same question. Looks like the bumps on a Lincoln that have those trapped gas bubbles, from a defective planchet. But, seeing how it's 90% silver, could it be from that? Though, we DO see it on other silver coins from that era, and it IS caused by rusted dies. My first thought was, 'It looks like those Lincolns with the trapped gas bubbles', but given it's silver, wasn't sure if that was possible. COULD that happen to a silver coin, or is it always a matter of rusted dies, when that bubbling appears (if a rusted die, they can't be gas bubbles)???? >>

Gas bubbles? Not a chance as these are not plated like the zincolns. The OP's coin was made with rusted dies. Very common. Toning is nice and
    original. Does not look dipped. I think it is an MS coin. I see no circulation patterns (look at her head).

bobimage
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file