Home Precious Metals

WARNING .... Bad Engelhard from U.K.

Bad 10 oz. Silver from U.K.

More bad Engelhard from U.K.

So much bad stuff out of U.K. in the last 6 months .... image

Keep on Stack'n !!
( buttttt not from the U.K.)
Silver Baron
Silver is the mortar that binds the bricks of loyalty.

Comments

• piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    please study the photos closely

LOL, that's funny. Thanks for bringing this to my attention. That's a very well photographed fake that I can use as a reference. I determined that by not even having to study it closely. image
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No checks & balances in place on eBay for U.K. sellers as long as they identify it as "plated or replica," which btw, this seller does not.

Unusual though, the bar being auctioned, does have a serial #, but you can get them for about $10 each from China.

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am beginning to wonder if there is more fake material on ebay than authentic.....Cheers, RickO
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,580 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>So much bad stuff out of U.K. in the last 6 months .... image >>

Only a pit stop on its way from China.

"How many times can a man turn his head and pretend he just doesn’t see?” - Bob Dylan

• LukeMarshallLukeMarshall Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The C series must indicate China, or perhaps Copper...because that's what looks like is showing from under the silvery surface.

It's all about what the people want...

• Great call, SB image

The seller has near impeccable 40xxx+ feedback which suggests he, too, was duped.

Hopefully, the auction hammer below spot will lead him to seek truth discovery.
    “Be so good they can't ignore you.” — Jerry Dunn
  • PokermandudePokermandude Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Great call, SB image

The seller has near impeccable 40xxx+ feedback which suggests he, too, was duped.

Hopefully, the auction hammer below spot will lead him to seek truth discovery. >>

Unfortunately, it will surely hammer for above spot. All it takes is two people who don't think it is fake, to bid it up to that level.
    http://stores.ebay.ca/Mattscoin - Canadian coins, World Coins, Silver, Gold, Coin lots, Modern Mint Products & Collections
  • giantsfan20giantsfan20 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭✭
    What is the clues that this item is fake?
  • joefrojoefro Posts: 1,872 ✭✭
    That serial number looks awful
    Lincoln Cent & Libertad Collector

• << <i>What is the clues that this item is fake? >>

Mostly the serial number. Engelhard didn't put their serial numbers on frosted backgrounds; the font is wrong; the "C" is larger than the numbers; the serial number is "colored" - probably because the engraving went through the silver plate to the brass underneath.
    Successful BST: VPR, nederveit, RR, Littletweed
  • PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,902 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>What is the clues that this item is fake? >>

Mostly the serial number. Engelhard didn't put their serial numbers on frosted backgrounds; the font is wrong; the "C" is larger than the numbers; the serial number is "colored" - probably because the engraving went through the silver plate to the brass underneath. >>

What do they weigh? If they are brass, they'll be underweight or the dimensions of the bar will be off.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.
    "Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value---zero."----Voltaire
    "Everything you say should be true, but not everything true should be said."----Voltaire

• << <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>What is the clues that this item is fake? >>

Mostly the serial number. Engelhard didn't put their serial numbers on frosted backgrounds; the font is wrong; the "C" is larger than the numbers; the serial number is "colored" - probably because the engraving went through the silver plate to the brass underneath. >>

What do they weigh? If they are brass, they'll be underweight or the dimensions of the bar will be off. >>

Hit or miss. The ones I've seen have been underweight. But I've heard of REALLY good fakes out there. The ones I saw were even paramagnetic just like real silver.

It's also common for the fakes from China to come in sealed plastic making it harder to get clear measurements.
    Successful BST: VPR, nederveit, RR, Littletweed

• image .................. Yet another reason to add to my "never buy silver from overseas (especially raw) list!
    Condor