Home Precious Metals
Options

A headache waiting to happen, straight out of Canada

To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.

Comments

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you ask him why he's selling the same bars twice?

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    I don't see the scam. The titles and descriptions are different. He's just lazy and used one picture for two listings...

Did it change since you posted, or am I missing something else??
    Successful BST: VPR, nederveit, RR, Littletweed
  • Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I don't see the scam. The titles and descriptions are different. He's just lazy and used one picture for two listings...

Did it change since you posted, or am I missing something else?? >>

seems fine to me. seller also has positive feedback selling like bars.

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options
    lcoopielcoopie Posts: 8,788 ✭✭✭✭✭
    used one photo for 2 auctions,

maybe doesn't know how to crop

LCoopie = Les
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,212 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>used one photo for 2 auctions, maybe doesn't know how to crop >>

Seller is clear in title and description of both auctions on what is being sold. Both bars appear to have recently been dipped and the discoloration on the JM is suspicious. OP might be referring to a problem with the bar S/Ns, but unless he shares we will not know.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    rawteam1rawteam1 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭
    Chicken little...
    keceph `anah
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do not think it is a scam....just duplicate picture...maybe inadvertant, maybe just in a hurry... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭
    Best advice to sellers is one image, one sale.
  • Options
    piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    Best advice to sellers is one image, one sale

Exactly. Why open the potential problem for yourself by picturing 2 bars when you're selling only one and nowhere in the description does it specifically say "this auction is ONLY for the Engelhard/JM bar." (Correction, they have added this since listed, but only in the JM bar auction) They also have the Brand/Mint listed as APMEX.

Scam is inaccurate, I don't know what I was thinking when I posted that. A potential headache from the wrong buyer is more what I meant. Combine that with coming from Canada and having potential "duty fee" problems which I recently had to go thru...just something to avoid imo.

I'm going to change the title of this thread because it is not what I meant, sorry about that.
  • Options
    Many unknowledgable sellers who purchased their bullion from APMEX will list is as an APMEX brand/mint, probably because they still have it in the APMEX packaging. I search ebay bullion quite regularly and this is not uncommon.

The only one who might end up with a headache is one who buys strictly from the pictures without reading the words. I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed but it is clear to me what the seller intends to deliver.

• Options
    rawteam1rawteam1 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭
    Awesome, u have come to your senses... Briefly... For now... Lol...
    keceph `anah
  • Options
    I agree derry, but people do buy impulsively right near the end of an auction thinking what they see is what they'll be getting and don't take the few moments to READ. I hope that you'd agree with that.
    So with that said, I ask again. Why would the seller set him/herself up for a potential headache like that?

I'm not wanting to argue about this, it affects me in no way whatsoever. I just can't believe in this day and age of eBay morphing into the completely and totally weighted side for buyers that a seller would set themself up like that.
  • Options

<< <i>I agree derry, but people do buy impulsively right near the end of an auction thinking what they see is what they'll be getting and don't take the few moments to READ. I hope that you'd agree with that. >>

I agree with that and when they do get burned it is their own fault.

<< <i>So with that said, I ask again. Why would the seller set him/herself up for a potential headache like that? >>

Because the seller is not very smart, or just a bit lazy.

• Options
    I agree with that and when they do get burned it is their own fault

But in the world of eBay, a buyer can do no wrong, none at all.
  • Options
    I have noticed that when listing bullion/coins, eBay's pre-filled item details often has APMEX already specified. Very annoying, and easy to miss since you "assume" the pre-filled info is correct...
    Successful BST: VPR, nederveit, RR, Littletweed
  • Options

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>another headache waiting to happen? >>

Other than being overpriced, I don't see an issue. Am I missing something?
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>another headache waiting to happen? >>

Other than being overpriced, I don't see an issue. Am I missing something? >>

buyer might be expecting to get both items pictured. image