Home Precious Metals

fake Englehard rounds?

AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,515 ✭✭✭✭✭
Sure look fake to my eyes. Seller has several up.
bobimage
ebay
Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com

Comments

• rawteam1rawteam1 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭
    no,
    y do u think or what evidence do u have/see that they r fake?...
    keceph `anah
  • AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,515 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's why I'm posting here. It appear that the detail is lacking and the gold pan looks like a pizza
    pan.

bobimage

edited to add: seller has removed all auctions.
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • rawteam1rawteam1 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭
    could be new fake...
    saw some new fake ones i never saw before today, they were .72 mexico silver coins...
    keceph `anah
  • I don't know about anyone else, but I'm always suspicious of any listing that has blurry pictures. eBay's listing wizard doesn't allow low-res or blurry pictures, so a seller has to go through some moderate work to "fake out" the system to allow low-quality pics.
    Successful BST: VPR, nederveit, RR, Littletweed
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    seller terminated the auction, but relisted the same rounds with similar blurry pictures.

'relisted auction
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Seller is definetly legit and transacts a lot of silver, engelhards as well. If the round is fake, he/she probably doesn't know it ....... And if they do they have a great scam going! Maybe someone here can contact em with the concern .......
    Condor
  • OnlyGoldIsMoneyOnlyGoldIsMoney Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>seller terminated the auction, but relisted the same rounds with similar blurry pictures.

'relisted auction >>

Apart from the complication of fuzzy photographs I don't see a problem with the Prospector illustrated.

There must be a mistake on the shipping figure as it is listed as $21.99 for shipping.
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it is ebay, then - IMO - good chance it is fake.... I am just totally soured on ebay... Cheers, RickO
  • tneigtneig Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭
    That is a good uncomplicated warning...

<< <i>If it is ebay, then - IMO - good chance it is fake.... I am just totally soured on ebay... Cheers, RickO >>

COA