Home U.S. Coin Forum

Pistareen Pratfall Caption Contest

CoinosaurusCoinosaurus Posts: 9,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
Pity poor Pistareen, he has spilled all his coffee! Please write an pithy caption to amuse him and help ease his pain.

Pistareen has graciously agreed to add a 10% "snark fee" to the next invoice of the winning caption writer.

image[/URL]

Comments

• ModCrewmanModCrewman Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "I like my copper with that shiny wet look...mineral oil is for weenies...coffee is what it really takes to make 'em shine!"
  • CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Good-4 To The Last Drop"
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
    "Rich Columbian Blend!
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Step right up, sir, just wiping up the drool from the last serious, knowledgable, and sophisticated numismatist who looked into my case!"

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• SeattleSlammerSeattleSlammer Posts: 9,953 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Wait a minute, that ain't coffee!"

• DD Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭
    Pistareen's powerful penny pollutant plasters potential prized and profitable pieces.

-D
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

-Aristotle

Dum loquimur fugerit invida aetas. Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero.

-Horace
  • coindeucecoindeuce Posts: 13,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dayummm! This'll clean up easier than the mustard stain on my shirt from that rot dawg. image

"Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon
    http://www.americanlegacycoins.com

• bsshog40bsshog40 Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The glass looks clean to me my friend. Maybe you should try decaf!!
  • kazkaz Posts: 9,052 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pay no mind, sir, pay no mind! A mere hypercaffeinated distraction to the numismatic kaleidoscope before you!
    Ammonia based glass cleaner works better, but this'll git 'er done !

"Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon

• 3keepSECRETif2rDEAD3keepSECRETif2rDEAD Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...and that my friend, is how you acid wash concrete at a considerably low cost image

Erik
  • TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "image …. now I just need some cheap polaroids to go with the hemorrhoids these cheap cups give me." image ( No he would never speak this way, I'm thinking out loud for the kind sir)
  • ElcontadorElcontador Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    To je govno
    "Vou invadir o Nordeste,
    "Seu cabra da peste,
    "Sou Mangueira......."
  • LotsoLuckLotsoLuck Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭
    Allow me to clean this up before I depart for my much needed vacation.
  • TennesseeDaveTennesseeDave Posts: 4,737 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dude, I spent an hour cleaning these cases and you walk up and sit your coffee on it. If your still standing there when I get this cleaned off I will Kick your a**!!!
    Trade $'s
  • cardinalcardinal Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, sir, does that demonstration sufficiently explain the phenomena of directional flow lines visible on an otherwise smooth surface, and the resultant interference in the pattern of light reflected therefrom?
  • cladkingcladking Posts: 28,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Coffee!?!

I don't need no stinkin' coffee!
    Tempus fugit.
  • ColonelJessupColonelJessup Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Blue Ribbon is $200 a bottle on Ebay. You were saying you had a problem........ ? "
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - Geo. Orwell
  • WoodenJeffersonWoodenJefferson Posts: 6,491 ✭✭✭✭
    "Next time, fear the beard!"
    Chat Board Lingo

"Keep your malarkey filter in good operating order" -Walter Breen
  • SoCalBigMarkSoCalBigMark Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not the kind of numismatic cleanup he envisaged on the plane ride over!
  • thisnamztakenthisnamztaken Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Next time you offer me an insulting low ball offer like that, it won't just be hot coffee that I'll throw at you!
    I never thought that growing old would happen so fast.
    - Jim
  • MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭
    Hope none of the Star Bucks were damaged!
  • BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darn these green streaks... Sir are you sure this is a unused handkerchief?
    To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Yes, that certainly IS the best way to clean off the fingerprints.
  • howardshowards Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭
    "Was always planning on getting these coins stickered with a coffee bean."
  • dcarrdcarr Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awww PIS !
  • TavernTreasuresTavernTreasures Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭
    Green Bean! Gold Bean! Coffee Bean!
    Advanced collector of BREWERIANA. Early beer advertising (beer cans, tap knobs, foam scrapers, trays, tin signs, lithos, paper, etc)....My first love...U.S. COINS!
  • CoinRaritiesOnlineCoinRaritiesOnline Posts: 3,638 ✭✭✭✭
    'I ASKED FOR HAND-GROUND GREEN TIPPED BOURBON ARABICA BEANS WITH A HINT OF NUTMEG, ONE TEASPOON OF CREAMORA AND 2.5 SUGARS - GET THIS STORE BOUGHT GARBAGE AWAY FROM MY TABLE."
  • I will be with you in a minute sir, just finishing setting up. I just need to wipe the cases and finish building the moat.

merse

• ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,580 ✭✭✭✭✭
    At one point John looked up and noticed only ONE person at his table instead of the usual twenty seven. Shocked and Stunned by the sudden downturn of business... He spilled his coffee.
    "A 1% discount????!!!!! YOU want ME to give YOU a 1% discount off your purchase??????!!!!!!!! Hand me your cup of coffee and I will provide my answer. I will also require your cinnamon bun which I intend to to spike like a football for emphasis."
  • jy8sjy8s Posts: 113 ✭✭
    Since we are now alone and coffee has no effect on me. I will go on. I am Marley"s ghost here to tell you that as today goes, you will be visited by three spirits of numismatists.....
  • krankykranky Posts: 8,709 ✭✭✭
    Sir, since you mentioned you're a new collector, I suppose I should have said that you need to buy the coins FIRST, and THEN soak them. And I said MINERAL OIL, not coffee.

New collectors, please educate yourself before spending money on coins; there are people who believe that using numismatic knowledge to rip the naïve is what this hobby is all about.

"Yes, that is the very rare 'Kopi Luwak' variety!"

linky
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    D__n!!! This is a display case, not the kitchen table!!! Cheers, RickO
  • savoyspecialsavoyspecial Posts: 7,267 ✭✭✭✭
    Jus' pourin' a lil out for all my numismatic homiez that didn't make it:

C. Wyllys Betts
    J.J. Ford
    Sly Croz "B"
    'Big' B. Max Mehl
    and of course, J. Sanford Saltus.....

PEACE!! (medals)

www.brunkauctions.com

"Hey everyone, let's re-enact Dave Wnuck's famous departure from the 2008 FUN Show!

First I'll pour a giant cup of pipin' hot coffee on the floor and create a huge puddle in the aisle like this.

Next I'll put on some bowling shoes to ensure that I have absolutely no traction at all.

And then as I am walking toward the Coffee Lake, you throw two (2) banana peels in my path to ensure that I do a pratfall similar to those seen only in the finest 3 Stooges films."
  • DentuckDentuck Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭
    "Pardon me while I wipe that up with a handful of Continental currency."

• jfoot13jfoot13 Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭
    I know I have that Juan Valdez counter stamped Columbian piece here somewhere
    If you can't swim you better stay in the boat.......
  • Just curious... who puts coffee on a case, let alone someone else's case?
    "What are you interested in?" "Nothing." "Me neither!"
  • numismanumisma Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭✭

"What did you just say to me? You suggest that I should start dealing in modern coins like Walking Liberty halves? How DARE you, sir! Leave my table and once, and take your stinkin' cup of gas station java with you! Good riddance!
  • DD Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Just curious... who puts coffee on a case, let alone someone else's case? >>

I don't know the particulars for this event but I'd think it could be a good distraction for someone with sticky fingers. (teamwork)

-D
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

-Aristotle

Dum loquimur fugerit invida aetas. Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero.

-Horace

<< <i>Just curious... who puts coffee on a case, let alone someone else's case? >>

You would be amazed at how totally gormless some people are at coin shows.
  • 19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,470 ✭✭✭✭
    I told you, "No Coffee Cups on the Case!" Now you've made a mess and I'll just polish this case until you leave. Now GO!
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
    I was with some fellow dealers at a show once and the subject of spills on cases came up. One of the guys described a situation he witnessed one time when a civilian spilled some liquid on a paper money dealer's case, and another dealer who happened to be standing in the aisle immediately ripped off his shirt and used it to contain the spill before it could get down into the inventory. After the danger was past the dealer whose case it was took out his wallet and handed the other dealer a C-note and told him to get himself a new shirt.
  • halfhunterhalfhunter Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭
    OH . . . Now your coins have that woodgrain toning . . . Better re-price ! ! !

HH
    Need the following OBW rolls to complete my 46-64 Roosevelt roll set:
    1947-P & D; 1948-D; 1949-P & S; 1950-D & S; and 1952-S.
    Any help locating any of these OBW rolls would be gratefully appreciated!
  • LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Je$u$ - I just got married. Why am I doing this!
    "My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.

<< <i>

You would be amazed at how totally gormless some people are at coin shows. >>

I had the maddening experience at a show, when a customer at the neighboring dealer's table nonchalantly set a full uncapped cup of brown paint down on one of MY Allstates. He was just a tad surprised when I picked it up immediately and shoved it right in his face without saying a word as he sat down. image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file