Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Coinstar cache

WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
The whole reason I run to the store is to check the CoinMax (generic coinstar). Groceries are secondary. Or even thirdary. It's always about the coins.

Today I spied the bulging return slot from a mile away and my heart was racing! The older peso was visible, and given its size, color, and difference from circulating US coinage, my first impression was that it was obsolete US silver. Not the case image In fact, Philippine pesos have a current exchange rate of...$.02 :/

Still, it was a big handful of stuff. And as I always say: It's not the kill, it's the thrill of the chase image

We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
--Severian the Lame

Comments

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weird. Wonder why it kicked out that NP quarter?

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    PatchesPatches Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭
    Cool find, takes 2nd place this week behind the California find!
  • Options
    ElcontadorElcontador Posts: 7,417 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A month ago, some pendejo put roughly four euros, mostly in smaller denomination coins, in one of those machine. The coins rejected & he just left them there. I scooped them up.
    "Vou invadir o Nordeste,
    "Seu cabra da peste,
    "Sou Mangueira......."
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very rarely do I find anything in the Coinstar reject bin....the cashiers and baggers keep a close eye on it....Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    coindeucecoindeuce Posts: 13,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    *tertiary.

"Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon
    http://www.americanlegacycoins.com

• Options
    Wabbit2313Wabbit2313 Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would have just left that non-sense there! image
  • Options
    chumleychumley Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭✭
    I have never even seen a coinstar machine....we did just get hula hoops tho
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,503 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Weird. Wonder why it kicked out that NP quarter? >>

silver maybe?
  • Options
    WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I would have just left that non-sense there! image >>

Then you're not really a coin collector, are you?

Some of the hundreds of coinmax/coinstar finds from dozens of countries around the world. Note pounds, euro, tokens, wheat cents, obsolete world (especially euro zone), steel cents. These don't include the silver, which gets a special place in my change finds binder...

We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • Options
    stevebensteveben Posts: 4,595 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I would have just left that non-sense there! image >>

Then you're not really a coin collector, are you? >>

i'm going to have to agree. if i see a penny lying there in a coin star return, i'm getting it.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file