Options

Buying coins online..... Auctions vs Stores

I'm curious as to whats more popular Stores or Auctions

Coin Club Benefit auctions ..... View the Lots

Comments

• Options
    mozinmozin Posts: 8,755 ✭✭✭
    I hardly every buy from online stores.
    I collect Capped Bust series by variety in PCGS AU/MS grades.
  • Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like buying from stores and also like buy-it-now Ebay listings instead of having to wait 7-10 days.

To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also consider the BST an online store....and a good one.. image Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like them both and can't pick just one.....need a "both" in your poll.
    bobimage
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,481 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am not a fan of auctions. Therefore I answered "stores," but only stores with return policies. More than 90% of the coins and tokens I buy on-line are purchased from dealers I have done business with at the shows.

However I recently bought a group of HO model railroad passenger cars in an eBay auction. image
    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    Online stores and shows but I have been considering registering with an auction company.
  • Options
    BurksBurks Posts: 1,103
    Stores mainly (I consider eBay a store). Having to pay 10-15% buyers premium on top of $15 shipping adds up way too fast.
    WTB: Eric Plunk cards, jersey (signed or unsigned), and autographs. Basically anything related to him

Positive BST: WhiteThunder (x2), Ajaan, onefasttalon, mirabela, Wizard1, cucamongacoin, mccardguy1

Negative BST: NONE!
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i do more the store/coinshow then i do the auctions. better buys that way with me. it all pans out
  • Options
    JCMhoustonJCMhouston Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭
    I buy from both, but probably 80% auctions. I have only once did a BIN on Ebay, generally they seem to be priced 50-200% above the actual value.
  • Options
    CoinZipCoinZip Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭
    thanks for all the votes so far...... anyone else care to cast a vote?

• Options
    RayboRaybo Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just went to my first show in about 5 years, it's the only way to fly!
  • Options
    I rarely buy online but I will throw a bid occasionally. I never buy from online stores unless the BST is considered a store, then change never to rarely as well.
    "For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." H.L. Mencken
  • Options
    CoinZipCoinZip Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭
    Its starting to look like a land slide victory .......

Anyone else care to cast a vote?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file