Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

More Chinese fakes for you all.

CC = Chinese counterfeit?

1885-Chinese Crap

His other Morgans look off too, even the NGC one, but I can't say. This one is a load of garbage. Reported.

Comments

• Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,560 ✭✭✭✭✭
    His 1883cc is also fake. But, his 79cc appears to be real.

bobimage
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    I agree on both points. What about the suspicious NGC Morgan? It looks like the Uncirculated XF look we all know and hate, but the pics are so bad I can't tell.
  • Options
    How about this? Real or fake?

This guy has four pretty random items listed, and this base-metal looking Morgan. I dunno, just looks off. Not gonna report it until I hear from someone else.
  • Options
    Please report these.
  • Options
    Check out the 1890 CC in his sold listings that went for $68. The eagle looks like it wears dentures but they're not in it's mouth. imagefunny bird
    Better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

jeff
  • Options
    That coin is real, but HARSHLY polished.
  • Options
    I thought you were starting a mega thread for all the fakes on ebay. If you start a new thread for each one you find, we'll have thousands of counterfeit threads per day.
    Veni, Vidi, Vici
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ebay is loaded with fakes.... and not limited to coins..... Cheers, RickO
  • Options

<< <i>I thought you were starting a mega thread for all the fakes on ebay. If you start a new thread for each one you find, we'll have thousands of counterfeit threads per day. >>

Someone said they wanted each one to have its own thread, so expect a lot of them. I hate fakes.
  • Options
    commoncents05commoncents05 Posts: 10,078 ✭✭✭
    His NGC coin is 100% real.

-Paul
    Many Quality coins for sale at http://www.CommonCentsRareCoins.com
  • Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,513 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I thought you were starting a mega thread for all the fakes on ebay. If you start a new thread for each one you find, we'll have thousands of counterfeit threads per day. >>

Someone said they wanted each one to have its own thread, so expect a lot of them. I hate fakes. >>

I think I said that.

The trouble is if you put these things into one thread, they will just get lost in one of those 1,500 message monsters that no one opens, except at the end. Collectors need to develop an eye to spot this stuff. As we have seen the Chinese are counterfeiting the holders too so you have to look at the coin inside, not just the label outside.
    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file