Home Precious Metals

Comstock silver ingots...

MeltdownMeltdown Posts: 8,650 ✭✭✭✭✭
I found a few ingots yesterday that I have not seen before. I am familiar with the old poured ingots... I own one with the Heraldic eagle.
These appear to be modern. Have you guys seen these around? Maybe that little mint in Virginia City is producing these? Madison mint?

Comments

• mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    meltdown, they look much different than the comstock one I got for you a while back......so much more modern!
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice bars... while I do not collect them, I would likely pick one up if I saw the at a show or shop. Cheers, RickO
  • WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Melty, there is a new mining venture on the old Comstock claim in Nevada called COMSTOCK mining. Looks like they are pulling out the stops seeking investors and additional $$. Given the nature of the bars, the similarity with the name of the claim and the font used for both the bars and the outfit, the apparent recent manufacture of the bars, and press releases showing that this new outfit is producing silver and gold, it's at least a possibility that these are promotional pieces for current or potential investors.

A little more digging might provide a definitive answer. Even a phone call might work.

We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    CEO Blog - September 30, 2012
    Sunday, September 30 2012 19:11
    PDF Print E-mail

WE’RE POURING AGAIN!!!
    HISTORIC COMSTOCK POURS GOLD AND SILVER DORÈ

Our team couldn’t be more pleased to announce that we began pouring gold and silver Dorè again on the Comstock this past week! Last week, our team fired up the furnaces and poured our first metal Friday night and continued pouring through the weekend. We sold almost all of the Dorè in September, with a gold price of $1,777.25 per ounce and a silver price of $34.61 per ounce. We also plan on reserving a portion of the metal to produce commemoratives celebrating the event.

- See more at: http://www.comstockmining.com/corporate/ceo-blog#sthash.t7XWp63S.dpuf
    We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,116 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like.

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.