Home Precious Metals
Options

DEAL IS OVER......Apmex ebay deal. 10- 2014 ASE's for $224.99 Free Shipping

<Deal appears to be over>

Got the email notice a few minutes ago and just throwing it out there.
@ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.

Comments

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,203 ✭✭✭✭✭
    great price, great seller. thanks, got my weekly fix.

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• Options
    dbcoindbcoin Posts: 2,200 ✭✭
    $5 cheaper than their last deal for 2013 coins. Bought another 10.

thank you for posting this
  • Options
    MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭
    Good pricing.
  • Options
    sbeverlysbeverly Posts: 962 ✭✭✭
    Nice pricing.

Does anybody know that if you bought 2 lots for a total of 20 coins that
    they would ship them in a mint tube?
    Positive transactions with Cladiator, Meltdown, ajbauman, LeeG, route66,DennisH,Hmann,FilamCoins,mgoodm3,terburn88,MrOrganic, weg,dcarr,guitarwes,Zubie,Barndog,wondercoin,braddick,etc...
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    thats a good price.
  • Options
    bestmrbestmr Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭
    I'd think so. I got 10 the last time and got them in a tube
    Positive dealing with oilstates2003, rkfish, Scrapman1077, Weather11am, Guitarwes, Twosides2acoin, Hendrixkat, Sevensteps, CarlWohlforth, DLBack, zug, wildjag, tetradrachm, tydye, NotSure, AgBlox, Seemyauction, Stopmotion, Zubie, Fivecents, Musky1011, Bstat1020, Gsa1fan several times, and Mkman123 LOTS of times
  • Options
    That sale ain't gonna last much longer....already over 4400 lots sold...that's more than 88 monster boxes.
  • Options
    bestmrbestmr Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭
    I shouldn't have but I had a 10% off one item coupon. So I got 10 for $202.49. Not too shabby I think.
    Positive dealing with oilstates2003, rkfish, Scrapman1077, Weather11am, Guitarwes, Twosides2acoin, Hendrixkat, Sevensteps, CarlWohlforth, DLBack, zug, wildjag, tetradrachm, tydye, NotSure, AgBlox, Seemyauction, Stopmotion, Zubie, Fivecents, Musky1011, Bstat1020, Gsa1fan several times, and Mkman123 LOTS of times
  • Options
    dbcoindbcoin Posts: 2,200 ✭✭

<< <i>Nice pricing.

they would ship them in a mint tube? >>

I got 10 last time. Came in a half full tube. So 20 would be in a full tube
  • Options
    tneigtneig Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭
    I just happened to look on ebay for a ebay to usmint price comparison and saw this deal.
    I came here to see if there was any talk or cautions first, the placed a double order.
    Not bad. Money tight lately. But too good to let pass. Still good as retirement money.

Still trying to get the wife to stop buying from the mint, esp the ASE proofs.
    COA
  • Options

<< <i>$5 cheaper than their last deal for 2013 coins. Bought another 10.

thank you for posting this >>

Spot was almost $1 more then
  • Options
    sbeverlysbeverly Posts: 962 ✭✭✭
    Just got a reply back from Apmex...

Quantities of 20 will be in mint tubes, and smaller quantities will be in coin flips for protection during shipping. Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Sincerely,

APMEX Bullion Center on eBay Customer Service
    Positive transactions with Cladiator, Meltdown, ajbauman, LeeG, route66,DennisH,Hmann,FilamCoins,mgoodm3,terburn88,MrOrganic, weg,dcarr,guitarwes,Zubie,Barndog,wondercoin,braddick,etc...
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,987 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Nice pricing.

they would ship them in a mint tube? >>

Bought 10 so I'll get 5 tubes.
  • Options

Thanks a ton for the heads up! I bought a bunch!

FYI for anyone who is on the fence: I loaded the page, then clicked refresh, and the "number sold" increased by over 100 in just that few seconds.
    Successful BST: VPR, nederveit, RR, Littletweed
  • Options
    pragmaticgoatpragmaticgoat Posts: 832 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the heads up Wes. Order placed
    BST references:
    jdimmick;Gerard;wondercoin;claychaser;agentjim007;CCC2010;guitarwes;TAMU15;Zubie;mariner67;segoja;Smittys;kaz;CARDSANDCOINS;FadeToBlack;
    jrt103;tizofthe;bronze6827;mkman;Scootersdad;AllCoinsRule;coindeuce;dmarks;piecesofme; and many more
  • Options
    Just for everyone's information, here is what I received just now from APMEX:

"Thank you for your inquiry. Depending on quantity (depending on multiples of 20), these coins may arrive either individually wrapped in a flip container, or shipped inside of a tube. These tubes may be from the mint or from APMEX’s own supply of tubes. Please feel free to contact us if you have any further questions or concerns. Thank you and have a great day.

Christopher Thompson
    APMEX Bullion Center on eBay"
    Successful BST: VPR, nederveit, RR, Littletweed
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,203 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every lot of 20 coins that I have ever purchased from APMEX always came in tubes.

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• Options
    WingsruleWingsrule Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭✭
    126 sold in about 3 minutes
  • Options
    mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Every lot of 20 coins that I have ever purchased from APMEX always came in tubes. >>

+1
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭
    $2 Million in the ole APMEX Paypal account ....so far!

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options
    secondrepublicsecondrepublic Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭
    great deal, thanks for posting
    "Men who had never shown any ability to make or increase fortunes for themselves abounded in brilliant plans for creating and increasing wealth for the country at large." Fiat Money Inflation in France, Andrew Dickson White (1912)
  • Options
    Up to 194 Green Monster Boxes sold.
  • Options
    Grabbed a roll and by the time I checked the sales number went up by 50 in about a minute. It says limited quantity left now so if you want them you better jump on it.
    Witty sig line currently under construction. Thank you for your patience.
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was out all day. Found the eBay email with the deal when I got home and saw it had already been posted.
    In for 3 as, while I think spot will go down a bit more, can't tell if they will jack their premiums again like they usually do.... and this is free shipping on a "small" amount and I could use my CC with no extra fee (PayPal).
    Good to go.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great you can use your cc for cash back and get free shipping. How do eBay Bucks work on bullion? Seems like they added in something to my account. image
  • Options

<< <i>Great you can use your cc for cash back and get free shipping. How do eBay Bucks work on bullion? Seems like they added in something to my account. image >>

I don't think you get any eBay bucks for bullion.
  • Options

<< <i>Every lot of 20 coins that I have ever purchased from APMEX always came in tubes. >>

Zackly, makes no sense to untube em if you don't have too.
  • Options
    Hats off to Apmex. It takes some horsepower to get 10,000 plus, lots shipped.
  • Options

<< <i>Hats off to Apmex. It takes some horsepower to get 10,000 plus, lots shipped. >>

My 10 will be in one box.
  • Options

<< <i>$2 Million in the ole APMEX Paypal account ....so far! >>

What will be the eBay and PP fees?
  • Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

What will be the eBay and PP fees? >>

My guess is $100k. That would be 5% total fees for the "house" and I can't imagine it would be much more (or less) than that.
  • Options
    Over 114,000 coins sold so far. They're selling like hot cakes.

I saw one purchase of 25 lots and many 10 or more. People are loading up on the sale.
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, Apmex is no dummy, they're trying real hard to get this metal out of their hands and into yours before the price goes up.

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭
    Why would you guys buy that APMEX deal for $225, when you can get these awesome colorized ASEs for only $350 from a small seller with 98% feedback? image

ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• Options
    TennesseeDaveTennesseeDave Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    250 monster boxes sold already. Anyone have any idea how much they had to pay for these eagles?
    Trade $'s
  • Options
    StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, I'll be interested to see if the shipping gets snarled. 100 lots sold this morning while I surfed the internet for about 30 minutes...12,848 so far. I'm sure tons are multiple lots to a single address, but still. Just Wow.

Back in the 2000/2001-ish time frame I had my one and only significant rip off on ebay and it was for a huge bullion rip off scam in play. (The guy actually ended up in jail! I got updates on his status, when he got released etc). IIRC correctly I was in for about 4 ounces of gold (about a grand back then...) but overall it was thousands of ounces of gold involved, an ALMOST too good to be true BIN deal. I have been gun shy about 'great deals' on huge ebay bullion sales since then, but hey, this is APMEX and one of the companies I have bought from since way back when.

• Options
    Weather11amWeather11am Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭
    How long will it last with silver up ~3% this morning???
  • Options
    guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,240 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Yeah, Apmex is no dummy, they're trying real hard to get this metal out of their hands and into yours before the price goes up. >>

image Now that's funny right there.
    @ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • Options
    Interesting, their website buy price is now $22.11.

I am in for 80+2 free coins. Will be patient on the shipping.
  • Options
    The sale has less than 2 hrs left with about 13,500 sets sold so far. (currently at $2.50 over spot)
  • Options

I feel mildly dumb. Thought that with 8 lots of ten coins, the buyer got 2 extra. Apparently not so.

Great bargain nevertheless.
  • Options
    tneigtneig Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭
    What I think holds them back a bit, or I should say me, from ordering more frequently on their website is the shipping cost/trouble when you just want one or a few things.

I mean on Apmex ebay sales, lets say you want one missing date ASE. You can get it without paying the high shipping you'd have to at their website. The item may even be free shipping because they padded the selling price, but for a specific thing, its easy. Plus I have to sign or pickup at the PO if I order from the website. But with the Ebay its delivered.
    COA
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

What will be the eBay and PP fees? >>

My guess is $100k. That would be 5% total fees for the "house" and I can't imagine it would be much more (or less) than that. >>

My guess is a comp from Ebay on the final value fee and 1.9% from Paypal.

Ebay has been getting real loose with the fees.
  • Options
    Reading the description, I think there will be mass confusion and a big problem for APMEX... lots of room for 'misinterpretation'!

What they mean by "Free Silver! Get 2 Free Silver Eagles when you buy 8!" is 'Hey look, we just reduced the price by 20% from the normal price, so it's LIKE you are getting 2 free from every 10 you are buying" and NOT "we will send you 2 free Eagles for every 8 sold" or "for every 8 lots sold".

I have a feeling this is going to be an issue...and perhaps a costly one for them as some will try and claim they were cheated out of the 'free' ones.

edited to add: well, maybe not MASS confusion...but I'm sure there will be some, either honestly or willfully.

• Options

<< <i>image

I feel mildly dumb. Thought that with 8 lots of ten coins, the buyer got 2 extra. Apparently not so.

Great bargain nevertheless. >>

This was a point of confusion the last time it went down a few weeks ago.
  • Options
    Thanks Bajjerfan, I would have thought that the wording would have been adjusted then. Perhaps I am wrong then and people do better than I think.

• Options

<< <i>Reading the description, I think there will be mass confusion and a big problem for APMEX... lots of room for 'misinterpretation'!

What they mean by "Free Silver! Get 2 Free Silver Eagles when you buy 8!" is 'Hey look, we just reduced the price by 20% from the normal price, so it's LIKE you are getting 2 free from every 10 you are buying" and NOT "we will send you 2 free Eagles for every 8 sold" or "for every 8 lots sold".

I have a feeling this is going to be an issue...and perhaps a costly one for them as some will try and claim they were cheated out of the 'free' ones.

edited to add: well, maybe not MASS confusion...but I'm sure there will be some, either honestly or willfully. >>

You are buying 10 coins, 8 of them you pay for, 2 you get free.
  • Options

<< <i>Reading the description, I think there will be mass confusion and a big problem for APMEX... lots of room for 'misinterpretation'!

edited to add: well, maybe not MASS confusion...but I'm sure there will be some, either honestly or willfully. >>

Unlikely...first of all, this is not the first time they've used that sales tactic...secondly, some of us use English as our Mother language and had no problems in deciphering what is said.image
  • Options

I agree that they didn't use the best wording to market the auction. Though, they have already done this at least another time without any issue.
    The title says "lot of 10" and the fine print is pretty clear. It wasn't so the first time.

On a side note. I checked their negative feedbacks, impressive how the majority comes from low feedback buyers...
    Also, there are some funny neutral ones.
    A "little pricey" 10 oz silver bar (why did you buy it?)
    A "smaller than expected" 2 peso coin (and that is Apmex fault? why don't you neg the Mexicam Mint?! LOL)
    The member formerly known as Ciccio / Posts: 1453 / Joined: Apr 2009