Home Precious Metals
Options

What are you currently paying for silver products?

I thought I'd start a thread seeing what prices people are paying for silver products. Share what you wish, but I think this may help some people figure out if what they're looking at are good deals or if they are over paying or something. I'd definitely appreciate everyone's contributions as I know this will assist me a LOT.

I just bought a large quantity of 90% US coinage and 40% halves for about $20.05/oz.

I'm looking at buying a roll of 2012 Silver Moose (1oz ea) at somewhere around $25 per. What do you think on this?

Steve

Comments

• Options
    piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    I've been able to buy AU pre-1921 Morgans locally for roughly $30-32 but it has had to be in quantity each time. No dealer locally will sell just 3 or 5 of them for that price. They make me buy it all, which has been from 15 to 37 coins so far.

3 people from bullion sites have sold me lesser amounts for $30 delivered.
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • Options
    epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

<< <i>II just bought a large quantity of 90% US coinage and 40% halves for about $20.05/oz.

I'm looking at buying a roll of 2012 Silver Moose (1oz ea) at somewhere around $25 per. What do you think on this?

Steve >>

Ouch @ $ 20.05/oz.

Local B+M has Kennedy halves, etc., @ $15.60/oz silver content.

40% carries a lesser premium.

Best to know what your seller paid for the coins you are buying, mho.

This helps - coinflation calculator
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,419 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Local B+M has Kennedy halves, etc., @ $15.60/oz silver content. >>

That's way below melt. Did you mean $15.60 per dollar face value?

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Local B+M has Kennedy halves, etc., @ $15.60/oz silver content. >>

That's way below melt. Did you mean $15.60 per dollar face value? >>

Yeah. My bad.

$15.60 x face.

• Options
    WingsruleWingsrule Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭✭
    Picked up a non-generic 5 oz and 10 oz bar this weekend for spot +$1.70 per oz. There were generic rounds and bars for the same price and they seemed to be moving fairly well. Didn't get a good read on 90%, although there seemed to be quite a bit available. Engelhard 10 ozers were listed at $25 per oz but not moving.

In order to get a fair representation, anything listed here should include any shipping, payment fees, etc., as applicable, as those things are part of your cost. And no, this wasn't paid for using paypal theft.
  • Options
    morbidstevemorbidsteve Posts: 571 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>II just bought a large quantity of 90% US coinage and 40% halves for about $20.05/oz.

Steve >>

Ouch @ $ 20.05/oz.

Local B+M has Kennedy halves, etc., @ $15.60/oz silver content.

40% carries a lesser premium.

Best to know what your seller paid for the coins you are buying, mho.

This helps - coinflation calculator >>

Thanks for your reply, I think you may have mis calculated. I paid 20.05 per oz, so it'd be like 2.76 coins per 20.05. I paid 14.86 x face.

Steve
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,987 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just ordered Friday 120 ASEs 2013 issue at $23 each. Was $2.70 over spot at the time and included delivery. Would like to keep any future purchases at this level or lower.
  • Options

<< <i>Just ordered Friday 120 ASEs 2013 issue at $23 each. Was $2.70 over spot at the time and included delivery. Would like to keep any future purchases at this level or lower. >>

Wow, nice score!

Steve
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Just ordered Friday 120 ASEs 2013 issue at $23 each. Was $2.70 over spot at the time and included delivery. Would like to keep any future purchases at this level or lower. >>

Wow, nice score!

Steve >>

yup...sale lasted for about 12 hrs...All the early birds got their worms.

"heads up"
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    I went to a small show Sunday and they had Silvertowne 10 oz. bars for $211 each, 90% for 16X face, and silver eagles for $24 ea.
  • Options
    mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

Wow, nice score!

Steve >>

yup...sale lasted for about 12 hrs...All the early birds got their worms.

"heads up" >>

I got in on this deal also.
    However, I keep thinking it is a good deal only if the spot price does not drop significantly lower and stay there.
    You never really know until much further down the road.
    JMHO as always.
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • Options
    What is anyone's opinion of 2012 Canadian Moose coins at 25 per?

Steve
  • Options
    mrpaseomrpaseo Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭
    Went to the Kodak, TN area this past weekend and went to their local flee market. They had one coin/PM seller there, when asked what they wanted for their ASEs they quoted, "They start at $25 and go up from there, depending on what date you want".

I didn't buy any.

Ray
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>What is anyone's opinion of 2012 Canadian Moose coins at 25 per?

Steve >>

Good price

Least expensive

Provdident @ $28.22 ... 1 coin
    APMEX $28.76 .... 1 coin
    Goldmart....... out of stock
    JMbullion........ out of stock or does not carry them
    MCM....I don't believe they carry the wild life series
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    joefrojoefro Posts: 1,872 ✭✭
    Right now I'm paying crazy prices for 1/20 and 1/10 oz 2013 gold Libertads. Who's got em?!?
    Lincoln Cent & Libertad Collector
  • Options
    USASoccerUSASoccer Posts: 445 ✭✭✭
    Sterling silver scrap for 60 cents per gram.
  • Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,885 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bought a roll of circ Walkers for $147 at a show on Saturday.
    Almost went back for another roll but got distracted by some round shiny Australian birds so I picked up 4 of them at $28 ea (early 90s) and there went my bullion budget for the day.

edit typo
  • Options
    nibannynibanny Posts: 2,761
    Bought 15 oz of silver yesterday night on eBay for $277.95 delivered...
    It was late and I may have made an error in my calculations because I was thinking to get a good deal and buy at spot...imageimageimage
    The member formerly known as Ciccio / Posts: 1453 / Joined: Apr 2009
  • Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    At the swap meet aka Flea Market, there is a person asking 20x for 90%, 27 for cull morgans, 25 for generic bullion......we need competition in Hawaii seriously.....
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>At the swap meet aka Flea Market, there is a person asking 20x for 90%, 27 for cull morgans, 25 for generic bullion......we need competition in Hawaii seriously..... >>

In the DC area we are currently in a snow storm so don't start that Hawaii stuff............................j/k my kid is staioned over there and I plan to visit next year, I might need to pm you for trip advice if you don't mind.
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,839 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The question is : Who's collecting cool stuff ? image
  • Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bought a bunch of 1921 Morgans Unc at $25.00 each
    and a bunch of assorted 1 oz silver rounds for $20.00
    each.
    Timbuk3
  • Options

<< <i>Bought a bunch of 1921 Morgans Unc at $25.00 each
    and a bunch of assorted 1 oz silver rounds for $20.00
    each. >>

Nice!

Steve
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,293 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>At the swap meet aka Flea Market, there is a person asking 20x for 90%, 27 for cull morgans, 25 for generic bullion......we need competition in Hawaii seriously..... >>

Mike, you should set up and BE that competition image
    Come on, man. Just do it image

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment