Options

College Football 2014

124»

Comments

• Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Mich state should be in top 4 after ole miss losing. >>

Possibly, but I think voters are going to have a hard time vaulting them over Alabama and Auburn, and you may even
    still see Ole Miss in front of them because of Ole Miss's win over Alabama.

No disrespect to Spartie, but they lost by 3 touchdowns to Oregon, and their most impressive win was a close home victory over Nebraska.
    Ole Miss's home victory over Alabama is much more impressive than Sparties most impressive win. Sparties only loss doesn't look as good as Ole Miss's loss either.

I think Ole Miss stays above Spartie this week, but I could be wrong. >>

I think Michigan State and Oregon are very close teams. It seems a bit "unfair" to Oregon since they beat Michigan State and their only loss is to a pretty decent U of A team. However, it wouldn't shock me to see.

I agree that Alabama and Auburn are very tough.

Lots of good 1 loss teams this year... at this point.
  • Options
    thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    Buying US Presidential autographs
  • Options

Just curious. On what logic would Michigan State jump Alabama and Auburn at this point? Alabama beat Texas A & M 59-0. They have one loss to a top 10 team. Auburn has a similar resume. I just don't see how you would think Michigan State should jump them. At the end of the year Michigan State might back into the playoffs since they don't have as tough a schedule as the SEC teams but I don't see how you could make a reasonable case, with a straight face, right now. What am I missing?

• Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,797 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't see Michigan State in the top four-

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options

<< <i>

Just curious. On what logic would Michigan State jump Alabama and Auburn at this point? Alabama beat Texas A & M 59-0. They have one loss to a top 10 team. Auburn has a similar resume. I just don't see how you would think Michigan State should jump them. At the end of the year Michigan State might back into the playoffs since they don't have as tough a schedule as the SEC teams but I don't see how you could make a reasonable case, with a straight face, right now. What am I missing? >>

Question: As far as that goes, what logic would put Michigan State over Notre Dame at this point?

They share two common opponents so far, Michigan and Purdue, and Notre Dame has a wider margin of victory over both.

They both have one loss, Michigan State had a 3 TD loss to the at the time 3 or 4 team in the country depending on poll, while Notre Dame had a loss by flag to the at the time and still #2 in the country defending National Champs.

Michigan State's best victory was over the at the time 19th ranked Cornhuskers and Notre Dame's best victory was over the at the time #14 Stanford Cardinal.

Answer: There is not a logical answer, just totally subjective opinions and blinders that a lot of people have.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Just curious. On what logic would Michigan State jump Alabama and Auburn at this point? Alabama beat Texas A & M 59-0. They have one loss to a top 10 team. Auburn has a similar resume. I just don't see how you would think Michigan State should jump them. At the end of the year Michigan State might back into the playoffs since they don't have as tough a schedule as the SEC teams but I don't see how you could make a reasonable case, with a straight face, right now. What am I missing? >>

Question: As far as that goes, what logic would put Michigan State over Notre Dame at this point?

They share two common opponents so far, Michigan and Purdue, and Notre Dame has a wider margin of victory over both.

They both have one loss, Michigan State had a 3 TD loss to the at the time 3 or 4 team in the country depending on poll, while Notre Dame had a loss by flag to the at the time and still #2 in the country defending National Champs.

Michigan State's best victory was over the at the time 19th ranked Cornhuskers and Notre Dame's best victory was over the at the time #14 Stanford Cardinal.

Answer: There is not a logical answer, just totally subjective opinions and blinders that a lot of people have. >>

Totally agree. I would say ND and MSU are pretty close. Arguments could be made either way and you'd be right. I think the Auburn and Alabama arguments are even tougher. Again, arguments could be made but tougher case for ND or MSU to jump those two SEC schools at this point. Of course, there is a lot more season left and, in the end, wins and losses will answer a lot of the questions.
  • Options
    PiggsPiggs Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I don't see Michigan State in the top four- >>

I agree. They played one half of football against Oregon and then got busted.
  • Options
    garnettstylegarnettstyle Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭
    Who has Notre Dame beat? Michigan state has the better win and their only loss was to a team that has maybe the best QB in the country.

IT CAN'T BE A TRUE PLAYOFF UNLESS THE BIG TEN CHAMPIONS ARE INCLUDED

• Options

<< <i>Who has Notre Dame beat? Michigan state has the better win and their only loss was to a team that has maybe the best QB in the country. >>

Still waiting to hear why Michigan State should jump the SEC teams.

The ND v. Michigan State argument is a toss up. ND beat Stanford and MSU beat Nebraska.

However, it does not seem so close with the SEC teams. Curious how you justify that jump at this state in the season.
  • Options
    Only several more hours until the opinions of the only ones that count are known.

The aftermath should be entertaining.

Will have to sneak a peak in Leg/Reg class tonight on my phone. Gotta be better than listening to that, unless I get called on, ugh.
  • Options
    Irish at 10 LOL
  • Options
    The first playoff list is out. Obviously a long way to go until the actual games. The first two teams were easy but the next ones could go a number of ways. Biggest surprise to me is ND at 10 being jumped by K-state among others. SEC dominating of course. Actually, I should say SEC West is dominating. They have 3 of the top 4 and 5 out of 25. Amazing. Just the little SEC west. That is utter domination. SEC east only has 1 out of 25. 5 from the Pac 12 as well as the Big 12. 4 from the ACC. 3 from the Big 10. Interesting. I actually thought Wisconsin might break in at the bottom.

RK TEAM RECORD
    1 Mississippi State 7-0
    2 Florida State 7-0
    3 Auburn 6-1
    4 Ole Miss 7-1
    5 Oregon 7-1
    6 Alabama 7-1
    7 TCU 6-1
    8 Michigan State 7-1
    9 Kansas State 6-1
    10 Notre Dame 6-1
    11 Georgia 6-1