Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

EARLY MORNING FINAL SUB POPPED - Tallboys/Index Cards- ANYONE INTERESTED IN PIGGYBACKING ON A $10 BL

12346»

Comments

• Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Disappointed about these two, I got the Stargell in person in 1979, at WQED a public television station in Pittsburgh. The Bradsahaw, I also got in person in 1975 at a Country Music Concert when he was touring promoting his album. Does anyone think that perhaps his signature changed over time and they don't think it's real.

83508766 1977 TOPPS CLOTH STICKERS 45 WILLIE STARGELL WILLIE STARGELL Questionable Authenticity
    83508767 1971 TOPPS 156 TERRY BRADSHAW TERRY BRADSHAW Questionable Authenticity
    83508768 1939 PLAY BALL 94 HEINIE MANUSH HEINIE MANUSH Questionable Authenticity
    83508769 Cut JESSE OWENS Authentic >>

do you have scans of the Stargell & Bradshaw?

IMF
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    BigRed7BigRed7 Posts: 245 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Disappointed about these two, I got the Stargell in person in 1979, at WQED a public television station in Pittsburgh. The Bradsahaw, I also got in person in 1975 at a Country Music Concert when he was touring promoting his album. Does anyone think that perhaps his signature changed over time and they don't think it's real.

83508766 1977 TOPPS CLOTH STICKERS 45 WILLIE STARGELL WILLIE STARGELL Questionable Authenticity
    83508768 1939 PLAY BALL 94 HEINIE MANUSH HEINIE MANUSH Questionable Authenticity

IMF >>

I don't have scans at the present time, but I'll scan when they are returned.
  • Options
    totallyraddtotallyradd Posts: 928 ✭✭✭
    totallyrad:
    83508817 1986 DONRUSS 39 JOSE CANSECO JOSE CANSECO Authentic
    83508818 1986 TOPPS TRADED 20T JOSE CANSECO JOSE CANSECO Authentic

That 86 Topps is a Tiffany, which is kinda a bummer it's mislabeled. Not sure if there is anything I can do about that outside of crack and resub (which I won't do). Glad it's slabbed, but wish it was labeled properly.

Either way, thanks for doing this.
  • Options
    CatmanCatman Posts: 267 ✭✭

<< <i>totallyrad:
    83508817 1986 DONRUSS 39 JOSE CANSECO JOSE CANSECO Authentic
    83508818 1986 TOPPS TRADED 20T JOSE CANSECO JOSE CANSECO Authentic

That 86 Topps is a Tiffany, which is kinda a bummer it's mislabeled. Glad it's slabbed, but wish it was labeled properly.

Either way, thanks for doing this. >>

If you call them, they will reslab it for free because it's their mistake.
  • Options
    That 86 Topps is a Tiffany, which is kinda a bummer it's mislabeled. Glad it's slabbed, but wish it was labeled properly.

Yours definitely is a Tiffany. A really nice one too. I would send it back and they should reimbursed you with shipping cost.

I made sure to write Tiffany on all my 4 so there was no confusion. Hope it works out for you.
  • Options
    Thanks guys, when Derrick ships it to me I'll contact them. Appreciate it!
  • Options
    raiderguy10raiderguy10 Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭
    My wife just signed for the package and is starting the process of putting them in sequential order. If you haven't done so already - please PM me the amount of return insurance you'd like on your package. Hopefully I can get shipping quotes out today and mail a round of packages in the morning.
    Collect HOF Autos and Anything Raiders.

"In Al We Trust!"

Looking for Autos of HOFers Charles Bidwill, Tim Mara, Joe Carr, Fritz Pollard, Guy Chamberlin & Bill Hewitt
  • Options
    JudgeItoJudgeIto Posts: 68 ✭✭✭
    Received my cards today, thanks so much Derrick, I really appreciate you putting the sub together.

Here are some scans.

• Options
    Everyone who paid by 9:30 CT last night will have their packages shipped this morning. Another round will be done tonight image

"In Al We Trust!"

Looking for Autos of HOFers Charles Bidwill, Tim Mara, Joe Carr, Fritz Pollard, Guy Chamberlin & Bill Hewitt
  • Options
    You the MAN!
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>Everyone who paid by 9:30 CT last night will have their packages shipped this morning. Another round will be done tonight image >>

GREAT! Looking forward to getting them back. Thanks again Derrick.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Derrick ... cards arrived today safely. Thanks again.

ALL OF THESE ARE FOR SALE

A real tough AUTO TO GET:

PSA said this auto was worth more than $250.00 and would not slab for $10.00

I tried this a couple of times. Looks like all of LTs TTM are coming back unslabbed!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    ugh I would have paid $350 for mantle. but I only collect slabbed autos image. back to the drawing board I guess. someday I'll get a mantle

"In Al We Trust!"

• Options
    alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭
    Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page
  • Options
    brandon554:
    83509150 Cut Josh Gibson Authentic
    83509162 Cut Cy Young Authentic

Got mine today image Thanks Derrick! Shoeless Joe is ready for next subimage

They mistakingly put "Rueben Mayes" on my Rufus Mayes signed card. Could you PM me your contact for the bulk sub? I can handle the mistake if you would like, no biggie.

Edit: noticed another one....they put "Bob Wise" on my Bob Wiese
    Vintage Ohio St. football items, always buying, PM me with any you might want to sell.
    Also looking for 2005T FB AA, 1986T FB, 1960T FB autographed cards
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

IMF >>

I don't have scans at the present time, but I'll scan when they are returned. >>

Here are the Willie Stargell and the Terry Bradshaw

[URL=http://s621.photobucket.com/user/Big_Red_7/media/1977ToppsClothWillieStargell_zpsa73de3ae.jpg.html]image[/URL]

[URL=http://s621.photobucket.com/user/Big_Red_7/media/1971ToppsTerryBradshaw_zps93b7109c.jpg.html]image[/URL]
  • Options
    alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭
    The Bradshaw and Stargell do look alot different than recent, more common signature style.
    Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page
  • Options
    Derrick, Thank You Very Much

Here are my autographs

[URL=http://s621.photobucket.com/user/Big_Red_7/media/1965ToppsFredBiletnikoff_zpsf7919f2c.jpg.html]image[/URL]
    [URL=http://s621.photobucket.com/user/Big_Red_7/media/1969ToppsRonWilliams_zpsb4edf41c.jpg.html]image[/URL]
    [URL=http://s621.photobucket.com/user/Big_Red_7/media/1970ToppsJohnHavlicek_zps670b4596.jpg.html]image[/URL]
    [URL=http://s621.photobucket.com/user/Big_Red_7/media/1970ToppsJohnnyUnitas_zps18e0d7cc.jpg.html]image[/URL]
    [URL=http://s621.photobucket.com/user/Big_Red_7/media/1974FleerClarkeHinkle_zps3f72a9c9.jpg.html]image[/URL]
    [URL=http://s621.photobucket.com/user/Big_Red_7/media/ClarkeHinklePostcard_zps021a6dda.jpg.html]image[/URL]
    [URL=http://s621.photobucket.com/user/Big_Red_7/media/JoeDiMaggioPostcard_zpsf0e5d5fb.jpg.html]image[/URL]
    [URL=http://s621.photobucket.com/user/Big_Red_7/media/JoeDiMaggioPostcard2_zps63071175.jpg.html]image[/URL]
    [URL=http://s621.photobucket.com/user/Big_Red_7/media/JohnnyUnitasPostcard_zpsc223f602.jpg.html]image[/URL]
    [URL=http://s621.photobucket.com/user/Big_Red_7/media/JesseOwensCut_zps6f6cad41.jpg.html]image[/URL]

These two autographs are my favorites

[URL=http://s621.photobucket.com/user/Big_Red_7/media/CalvinJonesMealTicket_zpsbf4b099a.jpg.html]image[/URL]
    Calvin Jones' College Meal Ticket
    [URL=http://s621.photobucket.com/user/Big_Red_7/media/CalvinJonesLuggageTag_zps3bd38244.jpg.html]image[/URL]
    Luggage Tag from the Hula Bowl
    Calvin Jones was the 1955 Outland Trophy Winner from the University of Iowa. He appeared on the 7th issue of Sports Illustrated.
    He was tragically killed in an airplane crash in December 1956, returning from the CFL All Star game. A member of the College Football Hall of Fame.
  • Options
    BigRed, that is an UNBELIEVABLE group of all time greats!! Wow!! As a New Englander, the Havlicek stands out to me. He has a beautiful signature. Congrats all around.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

IMF >>

I don't have scans at the present time, but I'll scan when they are returned. >>

Here are the Willie Stargell and the Terry Bradshaw

[URL=http://s621.photobucket.com/user/Big_Red_7/media/1977ToppsClothWillieStargell_zpsa73de3ae.jpg.html]image[/URL]

[URL=http://s621.photobucket.com/user/Big_Red_7/media/1971ToppsTerryBradshaw_zps93b7109c.jpg.html]image[/URL] >>

I've never seen a Bradshaw autograph that looked like that, I'm not familiar with the Stargell autograph.
  • Options
    wju2004wju2004 Posts: 127 ✭✭
    I got my stuff in yesterday, but been cleaning up and haven't gotten around to scanning. Will try to do so either tonight or tomorrow!
  • Options
    Got mine back today. I'll try to scan later.
  • Options
    Hey Derrick, Got my autographs today. Stopped by Mike Hardies house tonight and dropped his off to him. He was VERY Happy. Said he will have more for the July Sub. I got my check in the mail yesterday for $610.00 from the Arnie Herber buyer. Of the 18 I had done, I am keeping 9 for myself, sold the Herber, and have 8 of them for sale.

Rich, Congrats on those two BEAUTIFUL Calvin Jones autos.

Hey Ken, are you keeping your Charley Brock, or is it possibly available ?

Thanks again, Derrick. I am sure I will pick up a few items for the next one, but as of right now, I have VERY few things that would qualify, that aren't already authenticated.

Rocke
    WANTED:Football Hall of Fame Autograph's;Hugh Ray,Tim Mara,Charles Bidwell,Walt Kiesling,Bill Hewitt,Len Ford,Fritz Pollard,Curly Lambeau,Steve Owen & Joe Carr. FOR SALE : 100's of auto'd HoF 8x10's & dozen's of auto'd HoF cards.
  • Options
    sounds like an excuse to get more inventory to me image

"In Al We Trust!"

• Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭✭
    The mailman delivered these yesterday......Thanks again to Derrick!

[URL=http://s88.photobucket.com/user/whhp72/media/1derrick001_zpse2bad332.jpg.html]image[/URL][URL=http://s88.photobucket.com/user/whhp72/media/1derrick1001_zpsd7e2ae7a.jpg.html]image[/URL]

That '82 Donruss Ripken was the one I picked up on eBay for a whopping dollar!

IMF
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    GRGR Posts: 550 ✭✭
    Hey Big red those Calvin Jones are magnificent! Since you have two are you going to let one go? If so id love a chance to buy or trade for one! -Nathan
    Nathan Wagner
  • Options
    This is one of my very favorite threads!
  • Options
    BPorter26BPorter26 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derrick, Thanks again. Great auto's guys. Here are the two I got back. Both are for sale

"EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY IT SAYS IT RIGHT THERE ON THE WALL" - JACKIE MOON
  • Options
    EAsportsEAsports Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭
    Derrick, thanks for organizing this.

Here is what I got back:

Origins:
    Banks and Musial - purchased from the board from yankeeno7 at a great price. Thanks, Barry!
    Glavine - TTM in the early 90s, maybe as far back as 1991-92.
    Anthony Davis - IP at a Pelicans season ticket holder event. My season ticket rep knows that I collects autographs and memorabilia, and signs me up for everything and just asks that I let him know if I can't make it. He's really great! Just this year, I've gotten this card, a jersey and an All-Star basketball signed by one of the NBA's top 10 players!

Not pictured:
    Lawrence Taylor Topps Archives (N9 - ? Authenticity)
    Sir Alex Ferguson (Manchester United's legendary manager) (N4- no comparison/could not authenticate image)
    My LSU Autographs

Only an idiot would have a message board signature.
  • Options
    sportscardstopsportscardstop Posts: 526 ✭✭✭
    Received my cards yesterday. Thanks for running the sub.
  • Options
    Ethan, I saw your limited edition all star basketball signed by the brow in the other thread. Totally awesome!
  • Options
    EAsportsEAsports Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭
    Yes - if Davis keeps trending the way he is, he might be the best player in basketball when he's 25.

I think that ball will be a centerpiece of my collection for a LONG time.
    My LSU Autographs

Only an idiot would have a message board signature.
  • Options
    Those pelicans season ticket events you go to sound great. The closest thing to that which I attend is an annual baseball dinner in NH. Chris carpenter is there every year. Past autograph guests have included jim rice, Rico petrocelli, Carlton Fisk, wade Boggs, jim lonborg and Cecil fielder. This year's headliners were carpenter, Fred mcgriff, Denny McLain, Johnny Gomes and Alex Cobb. I recently subbed a group of cards for red flips and all but one of them was from that dinner.
  • Options
    Awesome Calvin Jones autographs .
  • Options
    bowlaramabowlarama Posts: 169 ✭✭
    I just wanted to say thanks. I got my cards in the other day. Great job on handling the group sub. I definitely plan on participating again in the future. I will be posting most of my autographed cards for sale on Ebay or on the BST forum next week.

My favorite was the 1973 Topps Johnny Bench that I got signed in person when I was 10 years old. I knew they better authenticate it because I had to get the courage to ask for it myself.
  • Options
    My latest submission results. I'm trying to get as many as I can of the 1955 Bowman set, I really like the looks of the set. I think I'm the only person who collects the HOF Metallic cards. You can find them all over eBay for sale but you very seldom see any autographed. I have 173 autographed and all of the deceased HOF cards that aren't autographed I have graded. The Alfred Earle Neale card is the first that I have ever seen him use his first name of Alfred.

202014/RedGrange-83509217_zps1bc1acab.jpg.html]image[/URL]
    202014/PaulBrown-83509216_zpsd02f69a6.jpg.html]image[/URL]
    202014/GeorgeHalas-83509218_zps3406bcd9.jpg.html]image[/URL]
    202014/MikeMcCormack-83508879_zps29f71419.jpg.html]image[/URL]
    202014/JohnHenryJohnson-83508876_zpsc53a22f3.jpg.html]image[/URL]
    202014/ErnieStautner-83508878_zpsdf672b7c.jpg.html]image[/URL]
    202014/EddieLebaron-83508875_zps77059136.jpg.html]image[/URL]
    202014/ChuckBednarik-83508877_zpsdb9cdae6.jpg.html]image[/URL]
    202014/LanceAlworth-83508758_zpsd878fd64.jpg.html]image[/URL]
    202014/AmosAlonzoStag-83508760_zps265ecbcf.jpg.html]image[/URL]
    202014/AlfredEarleNeale-83509222_zpsb9da4a3c.jpg.html]image[/URL]
  • Options
    1955 Bowman is a nice and still quite affordable set, a lot of Hall of Famers in the set. Really like the Amos Alonzo Stagg with both the Basketball Hall of Fame logo and the college football hall of fame logo
  • Options
    I don't know enough about Greasy Neale. Did he play both baseball and football??
  • Options

<< <i>I don't know enough about Greasy Neale. Did he play both baseball and football?? >>

He played 8 years for the Cincinnati Reds and a handful of games with the Phillies. Coached football for about 10years.